Cheating as a strategy?

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 7.

Have you encountered the same cheating guys in italian camo?

yes
73%
no
27%

Total votes: 191

Radar_PiBtl144
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Radar_PiBtl144 » 01 Jul 2009, 16:08

And by "some people" you mean me? Watch your language, pal...

Tystnad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tystnad » 01 Jul 2009, 16:10

Why? Admitting that you empty a clip in a persons face because he didnt take the hit insinuates poor judgement, problems with anger management and a general failure at social contacts. If a person isnt taking the hit, I walk up to them and talk to them about it. If they still wont admit to being hit, then fine, nothing to be done really. Shooting him in the face isnt going to help anyone.
ODA-903 - Z312 http://www.oda903.se
B5 Sweden - Pt Co Alpha Tango
B6 NATO - Coy Co Bravo Company
B7 Medecins Sans Frontier, Anastesiologist

Radar_PiBtl144
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Radar_PiBtl144 » 01 Jul 2009, 16:18

Oh yeah, I can see myself in one of the Berget's firefights of 200 people, walking across the field whilst taking about a gazillion bullets in my face just for a little chitchat with some fuckhead who can't play fair.

Don't judge my personality, you don't know me, I don't know you. What do you know about my anger management?

See, we have no problems with admitting hits on our events, so why should I bother with some no-matter-what-country-he-came-from freak to talk to him about admitting hits? I just send a couple of bb's to him, just to make sure he admits.
Plus, i thougt we're talking about airsoft. And as far as I know, there are plastic balls that hit parts of your body (face included) involved in this game. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but aren't you in a way admitting the risk you can get hit while playing it?
OFw. Radar; 144005
4. Zug 2./Pionierbataillon 144

Globalsoftgames.community of immersive airsoft players
lvl 2 authority

Tystnad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tystnad » 01 Jul 2009, 16:23

Theres always a risk of being hit, that IS playing airsoft. But intentionally firing, and I quote, "the whole mag right into his face" is both stupid and unnecessary.

Ofcourse its hard to walk up to someone in a major firefight and talk it through, but you could also take a note of who it was and try and find him later. Its not the end of the world if a guy misses out on a few hits, but if it happens a lot, then its a problem and need to be taken care of properly. Intentionally shooting people in the face is not the solution.

You see, my problem is with you shooting people in the face, on purpose, not with you shooting them a few extra times if they didnt take the hit.

Once again, I dont have a problem with people shooting a few extra times if the target doesnt take the hit, just... Stay out of the headarea unless its the last option. Shoot at like you would like to be shot at.

Radar_PiBtl144
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Radar_PiBtl144 » 01 Jul 2009, 16:28

Okay, maybe I overreacted :) Not everytime is it the whole mag and I agree with you.

There is one great habit in czech republic - if you shout at someone "you're hit", they have to admit it. That is for cases when he does not feel or hear the hit. I never occured any situation in which this wouldn't work. And if this wouldn't work, i can use the famous I-have-magnifier-on-my-gun-so-i-can-see-the-bumping-bbs-of-you :)

And as I said, I don't give a --- SPAM !!! --- if someone doesn't admit, but I got really pissed of about what happened repeatedly with the medics and wounded...

EDIT: Oh and one thing - I never shoot anybody to the head, unless it's a coinsidence or the head is the only bodypart I can see. Not intentionally againts fair players! But if someone does not admit, i send a couple to the head. Please, don't take the "whole-mag" thing so serious ;)
OFw. Radar; 144005

lvl 2 authority

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 01 Jul 2009, 16:35

Radar, you come from an honourable czech airsoft team, don't do this to your team please. I have played games in CR and they don't shoot people in their faces. Not really sure why you would be proud to do such a thing or want to make a point with it.

On the other side, Tystnad is another example of a fair and honourable swedish player that just can not comprehend your statement above and reacted to your provocation.

At berget we are all guests of Sweden and their airsoft laws and Berget rules. Regardless how people play airsoft at home, we must play according to berget rules at Berget. And rules state that a hard-to-hit player should be approached and his number taken to marshalls. Nothing more.
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

Radar_PiBtl144
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Radar_PiBtl144 » 01 Jul 2009, 16:40

Brujo, where can I sign it?

A agree with everything you mentioned, and I think I apologised enough for my "whole mag" bullshit. I just went out of my mind writing it and let my emotions to react like that. I never made such thing, in fact. Likesaid, if anyone does not admit (mostly for the reasons I mentioned) in Czech republic, the "you're hit" thing works very well.
OFw. Radar; 144005

lvl 2 authority

Bersu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bersu » 01 Jul 2009, 17:40

To these very not nato-like players (some of the lima company): If you want to play your little sunday competition games; please do it at home. Berget game and especially NATO side is not for this. You really pushed the whole NATO side to bad light and ruined the NATO's purpose by senselessly raiding BC (robbing, killing). Since you were the majority of NATO I saw, I cant form an opinion about the whole picture.

On top of that some of the BC raiding group (lima company, mainly formed by italians?) was the most unsportmanship players I've ever witnessed on my gaming days of airsoft. I personally witnessed rules broken and rude language was shouted to those that these rogues felt had broken the rules.

These incidents included: Shooting a team mate of mine from point blank range with random fire in BC. The shooter struck the barrel of his gun between two boards (on the wall) on top of the BC bar and let it fly with auto fire. There was no way the player could directly see what was on the other side and this unresponsible behaviour left very nasty marks to two of my team mates. Im not saying that safety distances was broken, because I cannot prove that, but the marks on our players were bad. The player was picked up and ID was brought to game master. Dont know how it went from there, but that was plain unresponsible.

Another thing was, that after shouting rudely at dead civilian "dont fuc**** speak to your radio! you are dead!!", this at the time wounded lima company player (he shouldnt talk either as wounded) who shouted was healing. I was 2 meters away from him and saw him being bandaged and then he waited only less than a minute to get up and go again. The rule was 2 minutes.

I didnt made a number about the second incident, because I didnt want to cause more hassle to the already chaotic situation. However these incidents alone left a very negative image to me about the italian camo players. Few black sheeps can really ruin the family's reputation. I dont imply that all the italians cheated, Im sure that this is not the case.

However I must ask a question to those who did: Is this the way you want to represent your country to the international airsoft community?
Berget 7 - SRP - Fox 3
Berget 8 - Poldovian 1st Inf
Berget 9 - The Firm & Zansian Blackops A03
Berget 10 - Zansian Blackguard
Berget 11 - GCT SFODU

mrklimkin
Private
Private

Post by mrklimkin » 01 Jul 2009, 18:38

THERE IS ONE PROBLEM..
I think that the italian guys that write in this forum aren't cheaters.
We apologize but we are only 4 or 5 who write in this forum...
I can only hope that you don't really think that all italians are cheaters..
Hi to all and sorry for my english...
Berget 7, Lima Coy, Sierra 6

Bersu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bersu » 01 Jul 2009, 19:43

mrklimkin wrote:THERE IS ONE PROBLEM..
I think that the italian guys that write in this forum aren't cheaters.
We apologize but we are only 4 or 5 who write in this forum...
I can only hope that you don't really think that all italians are cheaters..
Hi to all and sorry for my english...
No, I dont think that, as I just explained in my earlier post. But one thing you should do for next berget is to translate the rules to your fellow countrymen and make sure that they understand them, if they dont.
Berget 7 - SRP - Fox 3
Berget 8 - Poldovian 1st Inf
Berget 9 - The Firm & Zansian Blackops A03
Berget 10 - Zansian Blackguard
Berget 11 - GCT SFODU

mrklimkin
Private
Private

Post by mrklimkin » 01 Jul 2009, 21:12

translate is not a broblem, but a lot of italian said the same to the other faction...
After kill in bashir city i go to the respawn point and see some nato players ill, their face was a blood mask and they said to us that a sniper shot them point-blank range... in the face!!!!!!
The deutch guys who drive the dunebuggy... i see the ill on his back...
another time shot at point blank range...

In the last assault to camp nato i shot to 5 red soldier... 4 declare the hit, one of them hides in the car, go out and shot to me like i shot to him...
i shout my hit... he don't shout... we was at 10 meters...
he go away and said only: fuking italians and other bad words...

Onother question... if ther's a minimi inside a window in BC, and ten italians shot in the window... why the italians shout hit and the minimi continue to shot?
The minimi is bulletproof?

We apologize if a lot of italians don't know the rules very well
We apologize if some italians were cheaters...
But...

Who is without sin trow the first rock!

For me, i repeat, this was my first berget event, for a lot of italians i know was the first, all guys said it was funny however the missunderstandings, also if in each side there was at least one squad cheater.
British just say that non italian guys dressing italian camo " VEGETATA" shot to the civilians in bashir city.
other guys said that find italians guys fair players.
other guys said that italians are like bloodthirsty....
we are player like you...
with cheaters like you
with rogue like you..
with guys that don't know rules like you...
HI GUYSSS
See you next year... i hope...
work permitt...

Tystnad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tystnad » 01 Jul 2009, 21:47

The only thing that really bothered me about you italians (not you only, theres a big bunch of players who matches the description) is that very few of you are fluent in english. Kinda hard to try and coordinate anything with you guys when we can understand one another, especially when you try to shout stuff like "Dont shoot, Im on your side". :wink:

The only reason I say "you Italians" is because there's a lot of you, and I spent quite some time close to NATO, even as a civilian. Im confident there are a shitload of others that dont speak english either, but its an issue that must be resolved, since its a barrier that really causes confussion, irritation and bad mojo in the game.

Lesjak
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Lesjak » 01 Jul 2009, 22:03

Also a common sense is to check who you have hit, and if it was friendly, you deploy your medic. There are no excuses for that.
Berget 7 - NATO India 4th platoon

mrklimkin
Private
Private

Post by mrklimkin » 01 Jul 2009, 22:32

Tystnad you are in true, a lot of italian are not able to speak fluent english ...
ehm.. a lot of italian know only the basic english...
and this is a problem for coordinate... ok
however also if i don't speak an acceptable english we are talking about a problem you undestanrd me and i understand you.in game i've tried to talk with all peoples i saw.
in each squad like mine squad, i think there was one person, usually the squad leader that spoke a semifluent english.
In my squad, Ocelot spoke a fluent english and me spoke in semi-english
Ser spoke Russian and spanish and english
Jimmi spoke spanish
I spoke french...
o... i try to spoke english and french...
however..
our squad try to make interaction whit all players we meet.

But our order was different..
we cant go in bashir city...
we can't talk with the... eh,mm bitch...
one time i talk in a typical italian pantomimic with my BEST FRIEND PAPPA!, the bitch leader... and my platoon commander is hurt about this...
Is difficult for who don't understand play and interact whit other guys... i'm lucky because i try and other player try to understand me...
for me is funny when we try to understand with mimical signs!

for lesjak
In the fury of a battle... the first important thing is to stay alive...
after this... and when the battle is ended we can heal the wounded allies..
We do a lot of friendly fire...
ok... but i don't shot if i see a bluarmband...
i shot if in that direction comes firing over me and my squad...

Tystnad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tystnad » 01 Jul 2009, 22:54

Tbh, I only got into precarious situations a few times. One was when you Italians were guarding the main gate at NATO base and I tried asking if Kris was in, or something like that, and the guy I asked didnt understand what I said. The other was trying to talk to a guy at the roadblock outside of BC, who had to call the squadleader cuz he didnt understand me. Makes things harder, especially when yer on the same team. :wink: