three things to consider for the Berget Crew.

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 7.
Touko
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: Uniforms!

Post by Touko » 02 Jul 2009, 11:46

55nilsson wrote:One thing that bothers me are the complete lack of respect for the uniform-rules by some players.

SRP: The rules says: "Uniform: OD uniform only" There is a picture in the thanks-thread were half the SRPsquad are in brown...
It's actually in the "Your best Berget 7 moment" thread, I think... Those brownish uniforms are russian-made Gorka:s that are brownish green. They look a lot browner in the picture than in real life. There was some discussion about them before the game as they are russian suits, so they could as well be used by mercenaries. There were no real objections to using them though, so they were allowed. Good suits, im going to get myself one too ;)

Don't let the pic fool you, they are OD enough in real life!

EDIT: Should be the same suit as either one in this forum post: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/sh ... hp?t=96477
Last edited by Touko on 02 Jul 2009, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
B7 - SRP / Tiger Coy / "Hammer" Plt / 2nd Sqd
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf Batt / 1st Coy / 3rd "Hammer" Plt Ldr
B9 - The Firm / Zanzian Black Ops "N02"
B10 - Zansia / 2nd Coy / Echo Plt Ldr E9

Hammer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Hammer » 02 Jul 2009, 11:46

Talisman, let's see if I understand things correctly.

You a) assaulted Bashir City and the Police because of a rumour that a NATO-guy was being incarserated inside the police station, not allowing the NATO MPs to do it's job, not allowing Bashir City to uphold the laws within the city (like arresting a NATO soldier commiting crimes inside the city). The you b) got shot to hell by the citizens and Police of Bashir City when you attack them, thus you c) report to HQ that Bashir City is hostile.

All this at the same time as NATO MPs are interrogating the prisoner that has been arrested for crimes commited inside Bashir City.

Did you get orders from HQ to perform this mission?

And as a side-note. The US Embassy got attacked during all firefights at Bashir, by NATO and others, and after due warnings the security forces opened fire on those that attacked it, with great effect.
We (Department of State & the Embassy) were also cleared by NATO HQ to engage all NATO-forces acting hostile against and inside Bashir City, but we chose to mainly protect the embassy.

For those that don't know, the embassy was the building located to the NW of the city, North of the church, first building on the right when you enter through the main gates of Bashir.
/H17 - Hammer - Eidolon Lake

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 02 Jul 2009, 12:23

From reading what you wrote here Talisman, it seems you were not with Oscar on it's mission next to the SRP base? As that happende at the same time as the events in Bashir. This means you were off playing on your own, without orders. Instead of being part of a mission that EVERYONE (including your enemy) seems to think was a kickass mission.
You dont see the ironi here? You running off, missing the action, and f&%&¤# up the game at the same time.

And as I said to you during my Oscar debrief, the reason you were at Miners hut and the area around for 6 hours on friday was simply becouse we needed to controll that area. You dont have to shoot to complett a mission. I know this is airsoft, but when you run airsoft as military missions, the real world will enter in to it. And war is 95% waiting, and 5% shear terror. In airsoft the terror part is replaced with fun, and the prosent nr might work their way down. But you can NOT expect to not wait.
Also funny how you complain about waiting but want more base defence? Last year people were pissed becouse they were on base defence. So we went with a more flexibel ver this year, and largly it work. By being in the field we tied down enemy elements, and they did not have a lot of chances to gather and attack our base. So it we had left a company on permanant base defence, you would have been here screaming about how useless that was.
As for AT4's they were handed out on a mission to mission basis, and only the mec unit in Bravo had them all the time (as they moved by road and had the largest chance of finding enemy armour/trucks). We did not have enought to have one in every company at all times. And most of the time you did not need them.
So please Talisman, get some insight into how thing work before you go complaining will you? "bedre å holde kjeft å la folk tro du er dum, enn å åpne den og bevise det!"
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 02 Jul 2009, 14:32

In my experience - the larger and more complex a game is, it will be more waiting and less shooting.

Yes, the mission around Miners Hut was dreadfully boring and not very satisfying, but if any of the opposing forces had showed up (which they very easily could have) then things would have been different.

Just bad luck on that one, I guess.

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 02 Jul 2009, 16:05

We had an ambush for NATO set up on the 2nd night, most of the SRP was involved, and some BE crew. No one showed up.

It happens. You just have to deal with it.
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Cpt » 02 Jul 2009, 17:52

All teams ONLY full uniform, NO mixing. Considering people spend hundreds of Euros maybe thousands, to be part of this game buying the correct uniform for around 50 euros isn´t that much to ask!!
And if being found in the wrong camo, you should be considered dead and return to base to change into the right uniform.
True.

If BE can set demands that SRP must wear OD. Why would it be impossible to set rules that state that NATO must wear only woodland(for example).

And it sure does look awesome when and entire force look alike. SRP ftw :P
B5 - Soviet Private
B6 - Squadleader Dog 4 SRP
B7 - Platoonleader Dog 4 SRP
B8 - Platoonleader NAF 23rd
B9 - Company CO Fox Dingo, 6th NAF
B10 - CO Fox Dingo, 23rd NAF.

Talisman
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Talisman » 03 Jul 2009, 00:02

To Tiger_1 and Hammer.
For the first, Yes we got the go from HQ to attack BC.
The reson we went for BC was because we got the order from command after sitting on our asses on the same spot at Miners Hut for 6 hours to wait for another 3-4 hours.

So a few of us decided to find someone to group up with, and return to NATO base when the 3-4 hours had went. We returned just to missed the trucks, but no regrets.
So all my missions was approved by HQ so dont give me the shit about me being stupid Tiger_1.

Tiger_1 you also said we ran of the grid, so we missed the action. I have some friends that was on that mission we missed, and they didnt have much of action eighter.
And when it comes to BC, we never made it inside. So I know nothing about any action that was made inside the city troughout the attack or the aftermatch.

The only thing Im asking for on the next Berget-Event is a little more goals, so that we have something to work us up to.
Strand

"A suspicious mind is a healthy mind"
"He who stands with me shall be my brother"

Berget 7 - NATO, OSCAR 1, DELTA (5)
Berget 9 - Pol. 3rd Montaineers, Recon, 5-2

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 03 Jul 2009, 00:02

Well, we weren't that uniform either :D But true, it would look awesome.
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 03 Jul 2009, 00:42

Talisman wrote:Berget 7 - NATO, OSCAR 1, DELTA (5)
Who gave your group that callsign? (Oscar 1, Delta 5)
At HQ noone knew what that callsign meant - so we started to play radiogames with you to keep you entertained and out of our operations.
Last edited by motorhead on 03 Jul 2009, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

Cosmo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Cosmo » 03 Jul 2009, 02:07

Um.. i can't talk about other platoons, but in Foxtrot 4th platoon, where we had two squads, we used Alpha(1st squad)/Bravo(2nd squad) as callsigns inside. Think it was the same for other platoons aswell.
B10 - NAF23 - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon - Second Squad
B9 - NAF6 - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon
B8 - NAF23 - Foxtrot Company - Third Platoon - Bravo Squad
B7 - NATO - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon - Bravo Squad

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 03 Jul 2009, 02:17

Cosmo wrote:Um.. i can't talk about other platoons, but in Foxtrot 4th platoon, where we had two squads, we used Alpha(1st squad)/Bravo(2nd squad) as callsigns inside. Think it was the same for other platoons aswell.
You're OK. Just sorting out some possible irregular ones here :)
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

Gauntlet
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Gauntlet » 03 Jul 2009, 02:31

motörhead wrote:
Talisman wrote:Berget 7 - NATO, OSCAR 1, DELTA (5)
Who gave your group that callsign? (Oscar 1, Delta 5)
At HQ noone knew what that callsign meant - so we started to play radiogames with you to keep you entertained and out of our operations.
Oscar 1 is refering to the 1st platoon of Oscar Coy, while Delta 5 is his individual callsign on the net, meaning soldier number 5 in Delta squad (which was the fourth squad of Oscar 1).

And btw, thank you, Motörhead for beeing a good speaker on the battalion net. I've seldom heard such a crisp, clear and controlled voice on the otherside of any radio channel before, and I could really hear that all your years as an ATC have paid off!

Same goes to Tiger_1. To be honest, for the first day or two, I thought 0-3 actually was an englishman based on his pronunciation on the net!

Cheers!
B7 - NATO Oscar Company, Radio Operator
B8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry, 2nd Company, Sniper Team Spotter

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 03 Jul 2009, 08:11

Oh, I just remembered this one... a clear and undoubtful message to Berget crew:

The T-Shirt is CR4P!
Its colour is gray, really doesn't fit with anything.
The picture... its gay. A page from weapons encyclopedia with two red spots. One can tell a non-pro did a design in 10 minutes.

So, after three berget events I still don't have a decent T-shirt to wear and be proud of wearing it (twice too small, once failed colour and design).

I'll be back next year for a fourth T-shirt, better make it good this time :x
:)
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

Andy McClane
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Andy McClane » 03 Jul 2009, 09:41

Brujo wrote:Oh, I just remembered this one... a clear and undoubtful message to Berget crew:

The T-Shirt is CR4P!
Its colour is gray, really doesn't fit with anything.
The picture... its gay. A page from weapons encyclopedia with two red spots. One can tell a non-pro did a design in 10 minutes.

So, after three berget events I still don't have a decent T-shirt to wear and be proud of wearing it (twice too small, once failed colour and design).

I'll be back next year for a fourth T-shirt, better make it good this time :x
:)
I thought I was the only one!

Yet, so many people were wearing it... As if noone broughty enough clothing of their own...

cSalinas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by cSalinas » 03 Jul 2009, 10:00

If it is action you want then choose the correkt fraction. We from irregulars choose mercs cus it was 90% offensiv. No baby sitting. And we bought uniforms accordenly.
"What doesnt kill you, hurts like hell."

Berget 12 - Ravens
Berget 10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers
Berget 9 - NAF 1st Mechanized Infantry Battalion
Berget 8 - Civilians, Sixth Mercs
Berget 7 - Yuri Orlovs Mercinaries (ORC)

PANZERFAUST [PzF]