three things to consider for the Berget Crew.

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 7.
Kamikaze
Private
Private

Post by Kamikaze » 09 Jul 2009, 04:07

Both ingame NATO and Milo's nearly had mutiny this year. That's signals to be taken seriously.
I wouldn't call selling your commander to the bashir city police "nearly" :D

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 09 Jul 2009, 04:48

If ever NATO can be roleplayed at Berget after this year is another question. AFAIK there are no ingame sanctions or ingame measures to keep people from going rogue another time. That would mean for instance that the faction commanders could be given a rule-specified Game Marshal authority with authority to keep rogues at bay within their faction ranks or simply expel them from that faction. [ fill in appropriate game rules here ]

Why so?

a) If "civilian LARP"-mentality is ruling the game that could lead to many strange variants. People would swap fractions "just for the heck of it and for the sake of hefty roleplay" etc.

b) If however the player selection and mandates are properly roleplayed in a "milsim LARP-style" a more functional batallion-size airsoft unit can work better as a game element.

The rogues simply were "bored airsofters not getting what they paid for". If Berget insists on being the largest airsoft game in the world with 2000 players, there must be strict mandates for each faction and measures to keep the relevant faction players doing their roles properly.

Handling an ingame civilian city is actually an interesting real-deal ingame challenge. But that requires in-character roleplay from the policing game units.
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

SenorDingDong
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by SenorDingDong » 09 Jul 2009, 17:31

Something I think the crew should consider, and is the only problem I had with the event...were the sleeping conditions.

By 07:30 it became too hot to sleep, I don't know how others were able to, but I became very sleep deprived over the week.
B7 - Nato, India 1.2 - medic

MAXIMUM! VIOLENCE! -Wormbyte

Shooter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shooter » 10 Jul 2009, 03:51

Sleep is overrated. You can always sleep in your own bed back home.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning, it smells like... Victory!

B7: NATO BRAVO Coy, 3rd platoon

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 10 Jul 2009, 04:18

Shooter wrote:Sleep is overrated. You can always sleep in your own bed back home.
Sleep is overrated until you break your ankle or knee 'cos you missed just one step... Or until you are so sleep deprived to start hallucinating things (it happened to us :D ).

We were out on the field up to 5-6 AM, and it was impossible to rest in the tents after 8-9 AM (because of the heat).
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL

Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 10 Jul 2009, 11:14

The sleeping conditions were as good as they get if barracks can not be provided. Also AC to a tent is pretty impossible for an event organisation like BE to arrange, there are dozens of tents across the game area. They also can't turn down the heat waves from our natural source of warmth, the sun.

It is the responsibility of each attendant that they bring along good sleeping equipment that keeps the cold outside when its cold but also keeps you cool when it's hot. Also putting up the tents somewhere else than an open yard (NATO, MERCS?) is a good idea, because I have to tell you I didn't suffer from heat in the mornings in the SRP camp. Our camp was hidden in brush. Along with the shade came insects, so you have to deal with either or.

I don't think this issue needs to be discussed any further here. If somewhere then maybe the veterans corner.
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

Kaiser
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kaiser » 12 Jul 2009, 15:17

I was in a Tent that was supposed to be for 12.

We were 13, all stacked up, gear, sleeping bags, vests, food, etc...

From 6AM we couldn't sleep anymore, because it was really hot.

Our idea was to create a sleeping guard duty. 3 men at the tent entrance... well, it solved some sleeping issues...

Next time, put some more tents up... but STILL LOVED THE EVENT.

PORTUGUESE EXPEDITIONARY FORCES
B.E.7
FOX COY 1.1 Squad Leader
B.E.8
3rd NAF Rangers

!It's not how it starts... it's how it ends that matters!"

Sebbe
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Sebbe » 12 Jul 2009, 19:14

You could have slept in my tent Kaiser, we were like.. 8 people due to everyone sleeping in the forest instead :D
B7- NATO, Bravo Coy, 2'nd Platoon, 1'st Squad
Crapgame wrote:Put a sticker on it that says, "shoot me im with B5"

Roska
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Roska » 13 Jul 2009, 00:26

There is a reason why you don't stuff your gear and such in the tent.

I personally have slept in a tent of similar size (a bit smaller), and we had 20 guys there. It was packed, we only had our sleeping bags in there, with clothing stuffed in the compression bag to work as a pillow. But we still managed. ;)

Geboren
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Geboren » 13 Jul 2009, 01:28

I slept with 12 of my comrades in the provided tent, with gear on me, gun just beside me, what else? :lol:
http://www.oda541.com

B7 NATO Foxtrot 2 platoon leader
B8 NATO Foxtrott
B10 POL 3d Mountaineers 3d Coy, 1st Plt Leader
B11 Blood Ravens Recon Platoon Leader

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 13 Jul 2009, 08:01

Geboren wrote:I slept with 12 of my comrades in the provided tent,...
Massfag :D
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

Geboren
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Geboren » 13 Jul 2009, 14:50

:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.oda541.com

B7 NATO Foxtrot 2 platoon leader
B8 NATO Foxtrott
B10 POL 3d Mountaineers 3d Coy, 1st Plt Leader
B11 Blood Ravens Recon Platoon Leader

Kadmillos ASIK
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Kadmillos ASIK » 13 Jul 2009, 17:43

Trasher-HU wrote:
Shooter wrote:Sleep is overrated. You can always sleep in your own bed back home.
Sleep is overrated until you break your ankle or knee 'cos you missed just one step... Or until you are so sleep deprived to start hallucinating things (it happened to us :D ).

We were out on the field up to 5-6 AM, and it was impossible to rest in the tents after 8-9 AM (because of the heat).
i agree !

Maybe next year i prefer just more action in the sleeping time , not with mission that have a real impact on the Berget story but maybe one or two missions for sniper&spotter or for small group .......like insertion on the HQ.

For the Civilians : i would like to send a special thanks to all the civilians, they had played this game like no other, perfect , always in the role, really thank you guys i really appreciate your effort to this game and your way of conduct.
Kadmillos aka Basetta
MSP www.milsim.it

"Next year Andy McClane should have their own, separate faction"

OzCam
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by OzCam » 15 Jul 2009, 13:46

Thank you all for the constructive comments. I find myself in agreement with Motorhead most of the time.

Here's the view from the Irish platoon:

We sent 27 players to B7, with another 4 from a Filipino team based in Ireland. We all had a good time, but the discussions afterwards on our own national boards showed that many players were pissed off by the backstabbing activities of some NATO elements. Most players have said that they either won't come to B8, or won't play NATO again.

I agree that there must be in-game consequences for rogue actions. I think this is pretty clear and that most people agree with it. Whether B8 has 2000 players with 95% Milsim/5%LARP, or 1000 players with 80%MilSim/20%LARP, the rules must be crystal clear before the start, and people must accept the responsibility of picking the right team and behaving accordingly - even if they're bored.

I personally enjoyed the NATO role, I liked the idea of the peacekeeping scenario. I even did guard duty because I couldn't march very well. I was very comfortable within the ROE and I'd play NATO again, but most of the Irish want to play as either SRP or civilians next time.

I also think that there can be one less faction, it's complicated enough, and there are only 4 days to learn what everyone else is doing.

I would have loved to see the bikini carwash though.
Nice, yes. Weak, no.

Kaiser
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kaiser » 18 Jul 2009, 02:47

Geboren wrote:I slept with 12 of my comrades in the provided tent, with gear on me, gun just beside me, what else? :lol:
Geboren... the team bitch :P :P :P

Next year, bring me some of your National Police Patches.

B.Regards.

PORTUGUESE EXPEDITIONARY FORCES
B.E.7
FOX COY 1.1 Squad Leader
B.E.8
3rd NAF Rangers

!It's not how it starts... it's how it ends that matters!"