SRP After Action Report

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 7.
elanaiba
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by elanaiba » 06 Jul 2009, 20:17

I am still amazed they didn't hear my teeth clattering (was wearing just a tshirt - soaked from sweat and got cold in that stationary position) :D :D :D
elanaiba aka Tomcat aka Dan:
B7 - Milo's Tigers; Rode with Robman on his Epic infiltration
B8 - Poldavian Psy Ops - Bash; I shot down Kartoon and Ollie - the contaminated Polies
B10 - Poldavian Force Recon - Raven 2 SQL

Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 06 Jul 2009, 20:22

All it takes is to stay really put. No matter what camo you're wearing movement is the factor to give you away, especially when the natural light is fading, the magic hour. I'm sure it was a thrill to just lie there and wait to see it trough :D
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

Olli
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Olli » 06 Jul 2009, 20:49

Robman: We talked about that situation in BC on saturday and I talked with my guys and no-one saw or heared anything so you guys kept you head really cool. Must have been awesome moment for you guys.

I can't recall were they heading to Miner's hut or coming back to base from there. We had several platoons heading together to Miner's hut. Alltogether there went over 60 men and they came back to base in smaller units. It might be that you met some platoon heading back.

Also we had cool interaction in BC about buying Milo's tigers together with you and me and the Mayor. It also work quite well for the game, cause NATO was on the move to take over the Bashir City.

Olli
Olli Vesakoski
B5 FFF commander
B6 SRP commader
B7 SRP commander
B8 Poldovian 1st Link Officer
B9 Zansian commander Z01
B11 GCT taking down the Iron Wall
B12 Yuri Orlov's angry mob
B15 FinBat commader
B17 GFM men with green faces

Bulow
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Saturday morning

Post by Bulow » 06 Jul 2009, 20:54

Im very happy that I got luck to meet Olli in the save zone at saturday morning and agreeing in our peace process. Especially that SRP will not attack the advancing Orlow COY 3 and COY 4 if they meet them on the way to NATO bullet brekfeast on saturday morning. The last fight for BC was exelent. And evacuating the city and leaving blueboys to became kings of ground zero was a perfect hot point over B7.
B5 VDV Vasilij COY Commander
B7 Orlov COY 4 Commander
B9 Reporter and Game Master

Cosmo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Cosmo » 06 Jul 2009, 21:12

For real? Since NATO got pushed back. >.>
B10 - NAF23 - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon - Second Squad
B9 - NAF6 - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon
B8 - NAF23 - Foxtrot Company - Third Platoon - Bravo Squad
B7 - NATO - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon - Bravo Squad

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 06 Jul 2009, 21:49

Kartoon wrote:jdoe from FOX was the FO on the attack to Miners hut on the 2nd day, I don't know how much indirect fire he called in.
I actually ordered just 1 strike, but we were blessed with 2. And there was an interval, which would've been disastrous at any other spot or place, but this time, it worked in our favor. It also helped Hammer and Dog to get a grip of the hill-area. (So I've heard).

That was one of my best moments in the game. I did this stuff in army too, and I think this system gave out reasonably realistic results and worked realistically too. There are always delays, especially on fire missions to support attacks (if not pre-planned).

On the last day, I was trying to order arty strikes to the W of our positions (SW of BC) but just as I tried to contact Kartoon for the second time, the first strike came down to the exact spot I would've ordered it myself :D

Telepathy, maybe? ;)
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

hRotten
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by hRotten » 07 Jul 2009, 08:18

Artiller worked very very well. I was numerous times at the frontline with my troops and asked fire mission from Kartoon right next to my platoon. Fire was amasingly accurate. Few times I gave Kartoon coordinates only 20-30m from my position right on the next ridge where the enemy was hiding. After few minutes that was right where the shells dropped.
jdoe wrote:On the last day, I was trying to order arty strikes to the W of our positions (SW of BC) but just as I tried to contact Kartoon for the second time, the first strike came down to the exact spot I would've ordered it myself Very Happy

Telepathy, maybe? Wink
After shells landed right on enemy at west, I shifted another strike (which was suppose to hit west too) before it was fired to the S - SW sector where was Hammer 1 squad right next to Fox Platoon. We saw and heard from our guys trough radio that NATO forces were flanking from south. So this time no telepahty was used, only good situation awareness and very good communication between squads and platoons.

At the miner's hut, the strike you jdoe ordered came right on the button allowing us to flank enemy from east and take hold the hill. Veru nice job!

For the last days BC battle Kartoon did about 10 artillery points around our premiter. Using those points were easy and fast way to use artillery. You didn't needed to tell Kartoon coordinates every time, just told like "point-1 50m to west" and Kartoon calculated coordinates in about 2 seconds. Just like we did in the army. 8)

Great job guys! And that goes for whole SRP!

- hRotten
- Hammer platoon leader

Rhyn0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rhyn0 » 07 Jul 2009, 11:07

Must have been awesome to have so much arty support.. i don;t think milo's got to call in any strikes.. but we were on the receiving end of a few.. best moment ever nr 2 was running from that strike near SRP camp in the woods, with shells going off on our heels and GM running after our ragged survivor group like a blast wave, "killing" everyone they caught up with.. in our running we ran across a SRP platoon while crossing the road, took them 15 secs to get their bearings and shoot.. one guy was hit 10 meters in front of me, he fell down roleplaying, my friend Grasulas who was running just ahead of me grabbed his right shoulder on the run and started dragging him, i took his left shoulder and we dragged him 25-30 meters to cover, under fire, without missing a beat. he then got heald by our medic.. epic moment.

Regarding the SRP platoons that almost walked on us, i was at best 12 meters from the treline, we had 3 other guys in front that we feared were gonna be stepped on, me Mandea and Robman were about 7-8 m from where they were walking.
I can clarify that they were walking from south to north( from SRP base to Miner'sa hut) at approximatly 1:15-1:30 am (It was about the same time that the First ARTY strike of the game occured i think back at bunker), about 35-40 people single file, eastern side of the powerlines treeline.
best moment ever nr1 :D If they all went to Miner's Hut together in one group, that must have been the group.. it seemed forever for them to pass us, and i started counting only after a few had passed us and came up with 37.
B7- Milo's Tigers, Sq.L
B8- 15th Pold. Psyops, "Bash", Coy Cmdr.
B9- Pold. 3rd, Recon plt. ldr
B10- Pold. Force Recon "Odin's Ravens" Cmmdr
B11- HVIU Operative/Guyana Border Police(Cpt. Garcea)
B12- GCT Rangers-Engineer
B13- GCT Paras Engineer/AT guy
B14- NAF Fathom Grunt/AT guy

hRotten
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by hRotten » 07 Jul 2009, 12:11

Rhyn0 wrote: I can clarify that they were walking from south to north( from SRP base to Miner'sa hut) at approximatly 1:15-1:30 am (It was about the same time that the First ARTY strike of the game occured i think back at bunker), about 35-40 people single file, eastern side of the powerlines treeline.
best moment ever nr1 :D If they all went to Miner's Hut together in one group, that must have been the group.. it seemed forever for them to pass us, and i started counting only after a few had passed us and came up with 37.
Hmm, you are talking about the first night right? Our main force (about 60 fighters) moved to Miner's Hut (another platoon moved ahead) several hours before. Right after the game started. Might have been some of our other group moving trough the Hut somewhere. Bet you had exciting moments nevertheless! Good discipline not to open fire, just wait to enemy pass!