Yuri's Orlov Mercs after action report (kind of ;-))

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 7.
Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 14 Jul 2009, 17:54

Trasher-HU wrote:
Upon arrival we got incoming from a single SRP personnel (who later revealed that he was looking for his lost radio antenna, or at least that was what he told us). One or two of our guys got hit, but I as a squad medic I fixed them up. We broke contact, then headed toward last known position of beacons. We set up a 360-degree defensive perimeter at the site (near crossroads), in case the SRP soldier is still stalking us.

Sometime later the lone SRP fighter declared himself offgame (?) then left. The following 20-30 minutes, we observed SRP units moving on the roads, some alive, some offgame. After everything calmed down, we started searching the supposed beacon site. While searching we were spotted by a small SRP unit, but we killed them in a short firefight.
[/b]
Harr Harr!! My point of view:

When you stepped out of the car I was talking to Majk(GM) on the phone. I started shooting at you (from 10 meters I must have hit too(?)) and put the phone on the ground ending the call. I was trying to get some cough medicine to Olli from Majk (some weird godzilla extract is what we later got!). I moved to your flank and shot at you some more and as I saw you taking off towards the crossroads at south I climbed back to the phone as Majk was trying to call back to me :D

Soon, I started moving towards the crossroads walking on the road.
Some 30 or 40 meters away from the crossroads I heard your guys moving in the forest, I did not notice a 360 perimeter :wink:
I halted, looked over and saw a couple of your guys sitting under a tree their backs towards me. Shot at them, wounding at least one of them. I ran for cover to the other side of the road(at this time I was already at the crossroads), shot some more and it was there I noticed I'd lost my radio antenna. After shooting randomly in your general direction and then contemplating for a while, I declared myself offgame and tried looking for the antenna for a few minutes. I soon decided it was useless trying to locate it.

I thought it would be lame to declare myself ingame again so, pissed off, I ran back to base leaving you alone. There I Had a small briefing about the upcoming day with Olli and the PL's and hit the sack.
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 14 Jul 2009, 18:23

Okay, the bottom line is about the same. :)

Maybe Pivo or Luc can tell their part, I was on the far side of the team.

We had a total of 10-12 people on site (one russian and one slovenian team).
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL

Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 14 Jul 2009, 18:37

One thing I must ask though. The mini-van that dropped off the fireteam I started firing upon drove from the direction that a hundred SRP soldiers had left marching just a couple of minutes before. Did you drive through them?

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was wrong to use a vehicle that was not marked ingame because obviously there were some logistical problems in the game. But you should have seen my face when I saw you pull over and step out. I was standing on a high rock talking to the phone. I expected GMs to step out and saw mercs :D
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 14 Jul 2009, 19:01

Mea culpa here. But after running from YOM base to safezone and back the team had two options... I give them a lift there or cancel the entire mission.

But yeah, we noticed an entire company of yellos and drove through checkpoint as a civilian car.
Second dropoff went through northern road though, passing an entire NATO mech coy loading up in trucks by the x-roads to bunker... but that road was offgame anyway.

As for lack of vehicle marking, I'll compensate that with organizers 1-hour late start :oops:
I never passed on any information to HQ as I wasn't there technically...
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 14 Jul 2009, 19:06

Kartoon wrote:I was standing on a high rock talking to the phone. I expected GMs to step out and saw mercs :D
And I was like... OK guys, DROP OUT, this is as remote as possible, what sorry fcker would be here at this time a day :D
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 14 Jul 2009, 20:13

Kartoon wrote:But you should have seen my face when I saw you pull over and step out. I was standing on a high rock talking to the phone. I expected GMs to step out and saw mercs :D
And you should have seen our faces when we stopped at a randomly picked spot on a very long and seemingly very empty road and we were immediately fired upon as soon as we jumped out of the car. :D

As Brujo said, the insertion was done by a civilian car, and he was wearing civilian armband. The team was concealed in the back.

PS: Before the insertion, the two teams also climbed to the top of Specksta, as fast as we could, to get better GPS signal.
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL

Luc
Private
Private

Post by Luc » 14 Jul 2009, 22:38

Kartoon wrote:
Trasher-HU wrote:
Upon arrival we got incoming from a single SRP personnel (who later revealed that he was looking for his lost radio antenna, or at least that was what he told us). One or two of our guys got hit, but I as a squad medic I fixed them up. We broke contact, then headed toward last known position of beacons. We set up a 360-degree defensive perimeter at the site (near crossroads), in case the SRP soldier is still stalking us.

Sometime later the lone SRP fighter declared himself offgame (?) then left. The following 20-30 minutes, we observed SRP units moving on the roads, some alive, some offgame. After everything calmed down, we started searching the supposed beacon site. While searching we were spotted by a small SRP unit, but we killed them in a short firefight.
[/b]
Harr Harr!! My point of view:

When you stepped out of the car I was talking to Majk(GM) on the phone. I started shooting at you (from 10 meters I must have hit too(?)) and put the phone on the ground ending the call. I was trying to get some cough medicine to Olli from Majk (some weird godzilla extract is what we later got!). I moved to your flank and shot at you some more and as I saw you taking off towards the crossroads at south I climbed back to the phone as Majk was trying to call back to me :D

Soon, I started moving towards the crossroads walking on the road.
Some 30 or 40 meters away from the crossroads I heard your guys moving in the forest, I did not notice a 360 perimeter :wink:
I halted, looked over and saw a couple of your guys sitting under a tree their backs towards me. Shot at them, wounding at least one of them. I ran for cover to the other side of the road(at this time I was already at the crossroads), shot some more and it was there I noticed I'd lost my radio antenna. After shooting randomly in your general direction and then contemplating for a while, I declared myself offgame and tried looking for the antenna for a few minutes. I soon decided it was useless trying to locate it.

I thought it would be lame to declare myself ingame again so, pissed off, I ran back to base leaving you alone. There I Had a small briefing about the upcoming day with Olli and the PL's and hit the sack.
Yap. Me and Shaman were leading that party and I was the first who meet your BB-s. Fortunatly Trasher were right behinde to heal me. Later we have intercept another soldier of yours and killed him (nice acrobatics btw). We have been searching the area till 0430 and went to to base eampty handed...
Anyhove it was an awsome and demanding mission which lasted from 0000 to 6000 with exelent cooperation of my Russian friends.
And no, we did not see you from the road. You took us by suprise :o .
If guns kill people then
cars make people drive drunk
pencils misspell words
forks and spoons make people fat