40mm airsoft grenades

Discuss about your experiences concerning guns & equipment
Dimori
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

40mm airsoft grenades

Post by Dimori » 05 Nov 2013, 19:53

I'm getting a ASG B&T GL-06 grenade launcher for the next Berget. But I need help in choosing the right grenades for it. Does anyone know which manufacturers grenades are the best in the market? And should I rather get a grenade that can load up to 100bb or 18bb?
Zansia has the wisdom of falcon.

B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion - F4-7

Spitfire
Corporal
Corporal

Re: 40mm airsoft grenades

Post by Spitfire » 06 Nov 2013, 07:28

get madbull co2 nades, they are strong and gread :cooltank:
Intern. Org. Switzerland

Swiss Army Captain

Dimori
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dimori » 06 Nov 2013, 19:13

What about grenades that use Green Gas? Since CO2 isn't the most economic answer for me
Zansia has the wisdom of falcon.

B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion - F4-7

Bulldog-IL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bulldog-IL » 10 Nov 2013, 21:10

Don't use the CO2 because that grenade launcher hammer isn't strong enough to "fire" the CO2 grenades.
My other experience beside madbull HP 40 mm grenades are the Mosquito molds that were good, but it was 4 years ago, Classic army are decent as long as you don't put CO2 inside so it might work for you. And king arms that are decent as well, bur I only had one of them.
The Brigade Team
B7 - NATO, INDIA Company, 2nd platoon
B11 - Blood \ Ravens Guerrillas, Code name Zulu
B12 - Ravens Guerrillas

Coffe
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Coffe » 17 May 2014, 14:48

Co2 'nades are pretth much the only useable grenades for a game like Berget.

Green gas just doesn't have the energy to be of any real use outside of maybe clearing a room/hut (but considering how little urban/indoor areas berget games usually have it's pretty redundant).

Also, Co2 isn't particularly expensive. Just get one of those adapters that you use Co2 bb-gun cartridges with. One cartridge usually goes for like less than 1 US dollar/10 SEK, and you can easily fill up 2-3 grenades with one cartridge.

Coffe
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Coffe » 17 May 2014, 15:04

Bulldog-IL wrote:Don't use the CO2 because that grenade launcher hammer isn't strong enough to "fire" the CO2 grenades.
My other experience beside madbull HP 40 mm grenades are the Mosquito molds that were good, but it was 4 years ago, Classic army are decent as long as you don't put CO2 inside so it might work for you. And king arms that are decent as well, bur I only had one of them.
It depends a little what type of Co2 grenades you use. Something I noticed with an MGL i bought. Worked just fine with Madbull grenades and Co2, but I decided to try out a brand of Co2 grenades from Swiss Arms and I ended up breaking the firing mechanism on the launcher because the Swiss Arms grenades required way too much trigger pressure to fire.

Madbull grenades are the only Co2 grenades I can recommend. They're not cheap, but they deliver. And as long as you keep a set of spare ball bearings and rubber o-rings that will occasionally break, and make sure to use lubricant, the grenades will deliver for years. And in my experience that's usually what the seasoned airsoft player wants: stuff that work for a long time.