Upgrading from class 2 to 3, worth it?

Discuss about your experiences concerning guns & equipment
baracken
Corporal
Corporal

Upgrading from class 2 to 3, worth it?

Post by baracken » 31 Jul 2014, 17:02

Is it worth upgrading a class 2 gun to class 3, do you get more out of 140m/s or should you stick with a max of 130m/s and be able to utilise full auto?
Reason why I ask is because I have an M4 that I upgraded to 140m/s to be a DMR but now I'm wondering if it would be better to downgrade it and then be able to have full auto. What do you think?

Sgt._Shaw
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Upgrading from class 2 to 3, worth it?

Post by Sgt._Shaw » 31 Jul 2014, 23:57

Well... depends. On one hand FA can be helpful to get through some leafs or other light stuff in the forest. On the other hand you could get better range with the higher class. What you need is best. That really depends on how you want to play, what your primary missions will be and on your squads setup.
I for one only use FA if i ambush or get ambushed to lay down supressing fire or to help out someone with covering fire, other than that always semi-auto. But yes, my Assault Rifle is always in joule range for FA. If i want a DMR i would use something like an M16 modified like a Mk12 or even better a M14 EBR, M110 or G3 SG1.
But that's my opinion :P
Berget 10: NAF 2nd Mech- Scout/Bv 206-Crew (Odin coy)
Berget 11: GCT Mechanized, Direwolf 1 - RATELO (D-1-2)
Berget 12: PMC Mechanized, Lockpick, Bv-206 RATELO and 2IC
Berget 13: GCT Mechanized, Lockpick-Coy: 2IC and RATELO
Berget 15: UPIR Heavy Mechanized, PBV Mech-Inf, AT and 2IC

baracken
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Upgrading from class 2 to 3, worth it?

Post by baracken » 01 Aug 2014, 11:08

I think I will buy a new selectorplate so I get back full-auto.
The m4 will not really be an m4 when I'm done but right now it is an m4 with a full stock, will need to get a barrel extension or a new outer barrel.
I will not get a new gun :-P I love my ics m4 sir sportline so I will just modify it to be a dmr/assault rifle (pretty much a assault rifle with better range)