Question from an HPA beginner; Bring one (or more) airtanks?

Discuss about your experiences concerning guns & equipment
SaimoN_
Newbee
Newbee

Question from an HPA beginner; Bring one (or more) airtanks?

Post by SaimoN_ » 11 Jun 2016, 22:51

Hello,

So Berget 14 will be the 2nd time I join the game, but the first time ever I'll be using HPA. A friend convinced me to buy the Wolverine Inferno, but as a total beginner of this I am wondering; will I manage with only one HPA tank at Berget?

we all know this stuff ain't exactly cheap and I have allready put a lot of $$$ into other things necessary for the game. My economy isn't exactly the greatest. My friend think I will be needing at least TWO fully charged tanks so that I won't run out of air during the game. He has been using HPA for about half a year, but played at last years BE 13 with AEG. So he hasn't been using HPA for any longer game yet, and I feel he isn't exactly the best person to know these things. He ofc has two tanks that he will be playing with.

The tank I have now is 62ci/3000psi, and it's fully charged. But do I really "NEED" a second reserve tank?

I know this question has many bottoms. It depends on a lot of things. In a heavy firefight I expect to shoot quite intensively. But if it's anything like last years BE 13, where I walked on patrols a lot of the times, only encountering smaller (sometimes bigger) firefights whilst mostly using semi, I don't see the need for a second air tank.

But then again, I don't know how long a tank will last with "moderate" shooting? Any HPA users in here who could help me out with this? What are your experiences from previous BE games and do you guys bring a second or several tanks?

Thanks,

Spitfire
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Question from an HPA beginner; Bring one (or more) airta

Post by Spitfire » 13 Jun 2016, 15:56

if you assume that 1 cu lasts 30 shots, you will get approximately an output of 2000 shots with that tank.

now you have to ask yourself if the socalled moderate shootin exeeds this number or not... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Intern. Org. Switzerland

Swiss Army Captain

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Re: Question from an HPA beginner; Bring one (or more) airta

Post by Panzergraf » 13 Jun 2016, 22:20

It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
That doesn't mean you have to carry both at the same time, but if you get into a lot of heavy fighting early on in the game and find you have less than a quarter left in your tank thursday night, it's nice to have a full tank back in base that can last until game off on saturday.

You could gamle and hope someone will let you fill your tank off their scuba tank if you run out, but having more than one tank is generally a good idea. It's expensive, but you will save money in the long run by not having to refill your one tank after every sunday skirmish in the future. Depending on where you get your tanks filled, of course. I have to drive out of town to do it, and the trip costs me more in fuel and toll fees than I spend on actually filling the tanks, so I save money by getting more tanks filled at once.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.