GENERAL FEEDBACK!

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 8.
Bilich
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bilich » 29 Jun 2010, 23:33

Tiger_1 wrote:Mountainers started with 167 at game on. Finished with just over 120, including a few "lame ducks" that had to step out of the main inf units for some reason (they did missions close to and in base). Of those we lost, most left for reasons related to work or personal problems. Not "wheather sicknes" ;)
120 ?
I had feeling that there is 500 of us because we were so god damn good 8)
B8 - Poldavian 3.rd mountainers , 4th platoon
B9 - Mister of Poldavia and sexual object

Infinity
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Infinity » 30 Jun 2010, 00:12

now that's the spirit :D
MOUNTAINEEEEERSS!!!!

hezi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hezi » 01 Jul 2010, 11:30

Hi to all,

First I will start with the game itself,
The game was good the game objectives were clear and there were only three sides so nobody got confused with each side colors,
There were less friendly fires incidents, but still to be wearing desert camo
In the greenish Swedish forest was little bit odd,
To give one side the advantage over the other side is not that fair and this issue will sure be a problem in the next Berget event to come.

Regarding the rain issue,
Although some of the players stayed at there bases and some even got out for a mission or more,
But still I have seen a lot of players that have left the game area and they have not even stayed at solleftea since we didn’t saw them at the beer party after the game,
This issue harms the morale of many of us, and as I see it the game was from that moment less good.

in general the game was nice, but from my point of view Berget 7
was greater and much more fun
The Brigade Team
B7, NATO, INDIA Company, 2 platoon
B8, NAF, 5th Battalion
B9, NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
B11, Blood Revens
B13, GCT, Special Parachute Infantry
B14, UPIR Infantry

turret
Corporal
Corporal

Post by turret » 01 Jul 2010, 23:57

hezi wrote:in general the game was nice, but from my point of view Berget 7
One extra point for this nice lad ! 8)
B5: NATO Echo 5
B7: NAF 23rd Foxtrot 2
B8: NAF 23rd Foxtrot 2
B10: Pol 3rd MNT 3rd Coy
B11: Blood Raven

peksu
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by peksu » 02 Jul 2010, 01:31

turret wrote:
hezi wrote:in general the game was nice, but from my point of view Berget 7
One extra point for this nice lad ! 8)
+1
Berget 5 - FFF command squad
Berget 6 - SRP
Berget 7 - SRP command squad
Berget 8 - civilian (mercs)
Berget 9 - UN
Berget 10- Zansian "black guard"

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 02 Jul 2010, 03:39

I guess the game is experienced differently for the different sides - due to more factors than I care to list, and probably quite a few I'm not even aware of.

I think I speak for our entire platoon when I say that Berget 8 was the best one so far, and most of those who where there last year agree with me that out of B6, B7 and B8, B7 was probably the worst, or "least good", as it wasn't bad per-se.

The main factor that made B8 so great for us is, in my mind, that we in the 3rd Pol knew why we were there.
We knew beforehand what we wanted to get out of the game, and were pretty much on the same page.

I don't think that can be stressed enough: think about what kind of a game you want before choosing your unit.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 06 Jul 2010, 15:39

First of all, a great thanks to all the airsofters that made Berget possible.
I have decided to write one big post, instead of spreading my feedback all over. So bear with me ;)

I would like to thank Berget Events for letting me command a kickass unit (Poldavian 3rd Mountainers), and trusting me with command, despite a lot of the crew not really knowing me. Thanks to Kris for giving me a good refrence.

Thanks to all the men and women of the 3rd Pol. I can tell that Berget system of letting people know "this will be a such and such unit" has helped. You were great! When we were told rain was comming, it tok less then a few hours until our camp was ready for it, and we could focus on getting on with the game. You carried out your missions as orderd, and your moral was at a top level at all times. Thank you for giving me a unit I was proud to command.

Stone, tok, Roar, Sgt Major Arne who made up my command staff. Thanks a lot for giving up trigger time to help me out.

Platoon commanders. You did a great job, and I hope to work with you all again.

My fellow commanders on the Pol side. We did talk before the game, and had a good meeting before game on. This helped us work from the same place, and working against the same goals as one faction. It was great working with you. Thank you.

"Brigade HQ": The result of talks early on between us commanders that we would need some system of keeping controll within the Pol faction. It worked better then I hoped. Motorhead and Lokke. Thanks for doing a great job getting the intel to us.

I must bring forward one guy. Robman, having you drive up in your 4x4 for a in field intel share was great fun. I dont know if we helped you a lot, but your intel sure helped us :)

Also, thanks a lot to our enemys on the NAF and civilan side, that gave us some really good fights, and had me worried more then once.

Meeting new and old friends at the beerparty was also great. I will be back next year, and the main reason is I get to spend several days with some of the best people in the world. AIRSOFTERS!

Now for some general feedback.
Berget, keep up the good work, I have now been to 5,6,7 and 8. From your side, things keep on getting better. The weather is not someting one can controll, and despite some people beliving so, it is not your job to make sure they have their gear in order before they travel half way around the world for a airsoft game!

People, wise up, Berget is living in tents outdoors. You MUST be abel to take care of your self, your kit and your brothers in arms when you are in the field. Be it rain or shine! It is NOT up to berget!!!
OK, some base locations could have been better then others. Improvise Adapt Overcome! Being wet for a few hours is not the end of the world!

Please make sure that the units are given the same type of "info" pregame next time. So that people that are milsim players can chose a milsim unit, so the commanders know what he gets, and the players know what is asked of them. But please dont have 2 units with the same nr next time ;)

The combat history of the 3rd Pol Mountainers at Berget 8:
We started out on the 16th with a mission to controll Dog point, and Great crossroads. We also sendt out Recon elements to find the Ranger base. Our QRF worked on securing our right flank, and dominating the roads south of us so NAF forces could not push up in large nr. We did a crosscountry march with 4 platoons of infantry to Dog Point. This gave us time to work out a few things, and to give the platoon commanders a chance to get their units used to working as a team. After a confused fight, we secured DOG Point, and send 1st Platoon south to cut the main road south of Great crossroads. 2nd and 3rd linked up with elements of Pol 1st inf. that had secured Great Crossroads. We then tok over responsebility for holding Great Crossroads. This lead to a major fight with NAF forces, that by the time we moved back to base had pulled in almost all our units, except Recon, that did not find the Ranger base, and then took over guarding Dog point. We held the crossroads until base safe time, and then fell back to base for the night.
17th had us running recon to find Ranger base, pluss holding Dog Point. We also conducted raids on NAF bases to the south to keep them off guard and to try and take out senior officers. Evening had us hit the Ranger base in a (somewhat) coordinated attack with 1st inf elements. We had 3 platoons (1st, 2nd and 3rd)pluss some attached squads from QRF and 4th Platoon. We managed to take the base, but sufferd close to 70% casualties in doing so (good job on the defence Rangers). In tune with orders to take the fight to the enemy during thursday, we then pushed down the sentral road from great crossroads, linking up with 4th platoon on the way. We then took Eagle cliff and had a blocking force fight elements from NAF in the crossroads east of Eagel cliff. We then tried a raid on the 5th NAF base, but apart from a good firefight, no major results from that attack.
18th was wet, and early on I got indications that due to problems with wet players in other camps, operations would be somewhat reduced. We had most of our units in camp until early evening when we ran a major raid on the greensone, this also included picking up a supply drop, and blowing up both Dog Point and Scrapyard. The target of the raid (inside civilian camp) was never reached, but force was innvolved in major combat, and seemed to have a good fight. NAF forces then decided to bring the fight to us, and during the last hour of base on time hit us with a major raid. That only quick thinking from several of our listingposts, and some hard fighting managed to stop (I had to evacuate my HQ tent and was prepared to "attack in a diffrent direction" into the forrest with only my Sgt Major as backup. But as more and more of my men and women got out of their tents they, Fixed, flanked and finished the attack. Good fight!
Saturday saw my unit deploy all its forces in a move towards the Greensone. This included trying to secure Eagle cliff, and this turned into a major fight, that in the end also included units from 1st inf that came and helped us. After this we puched into the area of NAF 23rd base, and when the game ended where fighting our way to the final objektivs. Unfortunatly, I my self got shot by a civilan 15 min before game off. Without even getting to fire my rifle once during the event!
I know I have forgotten a lof of smaller missions we carried out, like the tunnel job, the convoi ambush and others. But this does sum up most of the major inf action of the 3rd.

On behalf of the 3rd Mountaniers command group. Thanks again to the men and women that served with us. We would love to fight along side all of you again.

See you all next year guys :)

ps: Please feel free to send me a PM with feedback on my command preformance, as others have said before me, nothing is perfect, and only you can tell us what we need to do better for next time.
"go to your God like a soldier!"

SNAKE465
Private
Private

Post by SNAKE465 » 27 Jul 2010, 03:35

onsite shop needs to have more gas in stock

i arrived by plane. was gonna chrono my hi capa and had no gas and berget crew told me to fix it. went to the store and ? sorry were out of gas
:cry:

1st-Berlin/AEG_Pyro
Corporal
Corporal

Post by 1st-Berlin/AEG_Pyro » 27 Jul 2010, 22:41

so as you, all guy who came by plane have to buy gas... and after the game you can find many nearly full bottles of gas, cause the players who gets back by plane do not need them anymore... total waste of gas... why dont you buy one bottle of gas for your whole team?

btw: this year we got many players with gbbr rifles in berget... so thei buyed all the gas....
B5 Platoonleader - Herman Coy 1st Platoon Russian Forces.
B7 Squadleader - SpecialForces 1st Coy Yuri Orlov´s Mercenaries
B8 Platoonleader - "Sixth Mercs" Civilian Mercenaries
B9 UN-Forces

www.aeg-berlin.at.ua

Abbe
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Abbe » 06 Sep 2010, 10:29

Any news on the berget video ? the forum been dead for a while now :)
Berget 7: Yuri orlovs merceneries
Berget 8: Poldavian 3rd mountaineers
Berget 9: Poldavian 1st Mechanized Battalion
Berget 10: Poldavian 15th sapper & pioneers
Berget 12: Yuris heavy mechnized unit

mette
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by mette » 06 Sep 2010, 15:24

i'm anxious to see that one too

Silen Hunters, we lead the way

BERGET8 3rd Rangers (and got the shoulder f*cked up)

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 08 Sep 2010, 22:39

yeah! wanna see if me shooting the first TGB at eagle cliffs last day of the game is in fotage hehehe 8)
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

Weasel
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Weasel » 24 Sep 2010, 16:16

Hi guys,
It's been quite a while now that B8 is over and as I was reflecting back the event the following question crystallized in my mind:
How about extending the event with one more day?
So and so we are writing off an entire week, why not playing from Tuesday to Saturday, rather than Wednesday to Saturday?
Given the titanic organizational effort, the marginal “return” of an extra day of game play largely exceeds the marginal cost.
Over to you.

P.S. Excuse me if this has already been discussed.

Losolos
Major
Major

Post by Losolos » 24 Sep 2010, 18:32

i think that will be welcome to all who have a long way to the game location 8)

or just play from Wendsday 12.00 to Saturday 18.00 ..~ 12 h more i would like it !
B5-B17 on duty
B18 yellow Crow

Mr.Ghost
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Mr.Ghost » 24 Sep 2010, 19:25

Playing at least 5 days is nice for me ;-) How about one week game time?