PSYOPS/Civilian - Medics :)

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 8.
Robman
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Robman » 22 Jun 2010, 12:31

My job was the Intel Officer and Prison Commandant for Psyops. This was very fun for me because it reminded me of my time in the US Army when I was assigned to a Spec Ops Group.

My role playing as a civilian began about 3 hours before game start when I was eating an MRE in the civilian camp. At that time, a tall gentleman by the name, Mr. Medic, calls a meeting for all civilians and requests volunteers to join the 6th Mercenary Corps. So, what do I do? Of course I joined them!

Mr. Medic asked what I brought to the table and I said, "I'm alone, I have a vehicle, and I can carry 3 more people." The next words I heard were, "Welcome aboard!"

[NOTE: I was the guy with the illusive silver/grey Toyota 4Runner].

As Mr. Medic and Wasp (2nd in charge) developed their game start missions, I was forwarding those plans to my HQ via SMS. I won't get too much into details, but the 1st Poldavian Battalion had an ambush waiting for them on the road leading north to the prison.

Even though I was Psyops, the 6th Mercs are a great crew! +1 to you guys! It would be great to play with you guys in the future.

I also had 6 civilians paid off in the civilian camp to provide intel. I received yellow weapon permits and was informed about civilians turning their armbands white side up almost immediately after the ideas were created. I'll leave it to those civilians to make posts here to reveal themselves and tell their story.

And even though I was able to be granted passage through about 15+ NAF checkpoints, the time I got shot was from friendly Poldavian fire as they were attacking TP the Great Crossroads. And that was after I spoke to their commander on the radio and they confirmed not to shoot the silver 4Runner.

My thanks to BE Crew for introducing the Psyops unit! It was a great addition to the game. And to all of the civilian LARPers for excellent role play opportunities!

This was my 2nd BE event and I had the best time ever! And I shot absolutely ZERO BBs during the entire in-game experience.
Robert "Robman" Manore
Berget 7 - Milo's Tigers, Spec Ops
Berget 8 - Poldavian 15th PSYOPS, Intel Officer
Berget 9 - Town Elder, Townspeople of Janco
Berget 10 - Commander, NAF 9th Recon & Sniper

Dark_Eden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark_Eden » 22 Jun 2010, 13:39

Funny thing is Robman that the first thing to be decided amongst the
6mm was to NEVER trust the recently recruited people.
Right after having your meeting the first thing we said to each other was
"if there was PSYOPS there, they will be among the recruits" :)

Psyops was a really cool idea and made for a lot of tension amongst the
civilian/mercs but I think that an infiltrator unit didn´t exactly help
the already underdog NAF.

But hey, in the end the NAF had us so that tipped the scales heavily in their favor :P

Really good roleplaying from all of you from PSYOPS and I hope I´ll see
you again next year :)
Berget 8 6mm Medic (Civilians), Swampstalker
Berget 9 UN Medic

If you can read this you just might be wounded!

MrMedic
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by MrMedic » 22 Jun 2010, 13:58

That ambush you set up on the fist night worked quite well for the Poldavians. 9 of us got taken prisoners and were brought to the PsyOps camp. For some reason I was brought out of line and never got frisked, so I still had all my commo gear intact. I managed to report in detail everything about the camp back to my XO. Much greater detail than I would have been able to get by crawling around in the bushes. So even though you set us up you actually helped with the recon :P

Also when I finally got questioned I suggested that PsyOps should just hire us instead of keeping us prisoners, to which the gentleman questioning me pretty much gave my little speech back to me word for word, thereby confirming our suspicions that there where PsyOps present at the briefing. Thanks for the info!

I of course only revealed my Armband ID and name, according to the geneva convention. I must have repeated my armband number (732) at least fifteen times to the PsyOps commander.. I wonder if they made the connection when the armband number of Luka Cavalli was finally revealed later on in the game...
__________________Play Hard - Play Safe - Play Fair__________________
- B6 Merc - B7 Merc - B8 Merc - B9 UN - B10 ZBG - B11 Merc- B12 Merc-
____________________________6mm.se____________________________

Robman
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Robman » 22 Jun 2010, 20:25

MrMedic wrote:I of course only revealed my Armband ID and name, according to the geneva convention. I must have repeated my armband number (732) at least fifteen times to the PsyOps commander.. I wonder if they made the connection when the armband number of Luka Cavalli was finally revealed later on in the game...
I finally got a hold of your photograph (mission from BE), but only by paying a civilian to execute the gypsy because she had your photograph. But I didn't acquire the photo until Saturday morning, which by then it was too late to set up a team to assasinate you. Everything was being prepared for the final battle.

But it was still exciting!

I actually overheard that my silver 4Runner was wanted by NAF on Thursday. It was confirmed when I was stopped by a NAF checkpoint on Friday, but they let me go because "it was yesterday's mission." Can anyone confirm that NAF was specifically looking for my truck? It's kinda cool to know that you're a wanted man :wink:
Robert "Robman" Manore
Berget 7 - Milo's Tigers, Spec Ops
Berget 8 - Poldavian 15th PSYOPS, Intel Officer
Berget 9 - Town Elder, Townspeople of Janco
Berget 10 - Commander, NAF 9th Recon & Sniper

hudson

Post by hudson » 22 Jun 2010, 21:11

We (my NAF goup) were told by some the civilians to look out for a silver Toyota, and to arrest the driver and bring him to them. Never saw you though.

Redmenace_tv
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Redmenace_tv » 22 Jun 2010, 21:12

Yes we had info on a grey tlc (toyota land cruiser) that must have been you, unfortuatly we had such a reduced strength we had no men to spare for the hunt.
(TOM)
Berget 8 - NAF 5th Staff Officer
Berget 9 - 2IC NAF 1st Mech battalion
Berget 10 -2IC NAF 23rd Inf Battalion
Berget 11 -AWOL
Berget 12 - AWOL
Berget 13 - ?

Perrin
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Perrin » 23 Jun 2010, 03:04

"Dr. Perrin" of "Doctors without Money" reporting in! :D
Sorry bout all the typos and the long text, but it's 2 in the morning, and the story needs to be told! :)

Me and my colleage "Dr. Fompy" (who I heard became a wanted man because of our incident in the prison camp :P ) where on our way to a money site ,if i remember correctly, when we got stopped by 160 pollys. Our cover story was that we were going to a car crash to provide aid. Because of this both of us and our driver were unarmed. When telling this to the pollys, they let our driver go, and arranged for us to be transported to the prison camp. Apperantly they first thought Fompy (who was wearing a labcoat) was the scientist. when they found out we were only "doctors" they almost let us go, but sadly they didn't.

When we arrived at the camp, we met on of the officers (a scary looking guy with a red beret and black leather coat) who started asking us what we knew about the sickness killing the polly troopers. We knew nothing. But seeing as saying that was a good way to get shot on the spot, we offered our help, and hopefully buy us some time :)

We were guided our to the other two "civillian" doctors (darned psyops! :twisted: ) and got informed about the symptoms and what they had figured out, and also got told by the officer that we had 5 minutes to fix this or get shot. We started lying for our life. Of course we could fix this. No problem! We just needed some more time. And better equipment. And a short trip back to the green zone :P Is that to much to ask?!? Apperantly it is...

The officer suddenly told us he was going to shoot us, seeing as he couldn't trust us since we were mercs. Mercs?!? US?!?!?? Never!
But little did our protest help. He told us to wait, went away, then came back with another person. None other than Robman aka Echo(traitorus swine! :P ) Since he had been our driver on our first mission at gamestart, things weren't looking good. "You seem surprised" he said. We were. And sad we didn't have any ways of punishing him on the spot ^^
We tried convincing them that we weren't working for the mercs anymore, that they had more or less fallen appart, so we needed to take our buisness elsewhere to get paid. I don't think they bought any of it, but in the end they agreed to drive Fompy back, so he could bring back the scientist to them. I was to be held as collateral. If he brought the scientist back, we would be greatly rewarded (and not in bullets apperantly), and if he didn't, I would be shot and Fompy hunted down (hence him becoming a wanted man).
I knew there was no way he was comming back, so I started looking for a way out.

I was placed under guard with a group of other civillians who happened to be there, and stayed there for about an hour counting tents, recognising faces of psyops that I'd seen in civ cloths in camp, learning the layout of the camp, and ofc seeing sick polly troopers being shot by there own :D
After some time an officer I hadn't seen before comes up and starts talking to the other prisoners, telling them they couldn't find anything suspicious about them, and that could take their car and go. So when they are told to form a line and walk to their car. So I get in line with them, and get in to their car. At this point my heart is beating so fast, I was afraid someone else might hear it :D As soon as they close the cardoor, I manage to whisper "Can we go really fast? Im not supposed to leave with you guys!" Hearing this they get really excited and starts yelling in finnish to the driver to get a move on. But the car won't start right away :shock: and as Im lying there in the back of the wan, trying to be as close to the floor as possible, the officer with the black leather coat walks right past the car, not 10 cm from my feet. If he had turned his head a little more to the left and looked into window, I would have been screwed and probably in need of some new pants :P But he didn't! And car started, and we drove off, cheering as soons as we left the camp behind us :) A little while later I was back in camp, high on adrenaline, reporting my intel to Mr. Medic.

That experience was probaly one of the most awsome things I have ever experienced! The roleplaying was great, all the twists, and the pure excitement of the escape! Definetly one of the greatest moments i had at B8 :)

We also tried telling our story to the news crew, and spread the info to the world that the evil pollys were killing their own, and doing experiments in their camp, but seeing as they were psyops as well :twisted: I don't think it helped...

Thanks alot to the finnish guys who drove me out of there!!! You guys saved my ass!
J.A.R/6mm
B7 - Orlovs Mercs SF - Medic
B8 - 6th Mercs - Medic, Swampstalker and naked guy
B9 - 6th Mercs/UN - Medic
B10 - 6th Mercs/Zansian Black Guard - Medic
B11 - 6th Mercs/Ravens - Plt.Co
B12 - 6th Mercs/Ravens - Coy.Co

Mayor
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Mayor » 23 Jun 2010, 16:14

I was the officer in the black coat, actually the bat. commander of 1:st Infantry. Thanks guys for that roleplaying, I really enjoyed it, and your escape is a great story! :) If I would have caught you, you would REALLY have had to pay. :P

Sincerely Rakowski
Johan "Mayor" Högberg
B1 Scientist
B7 Mayor
B8 Bat CMD 1:st Poldavian inf.
B9 Village elder, Janco C.
B10 A little of this, a little of that
B11 "Rico", ruthless drug lord
B12 "Rico", ruthless president
B13: LARP coordinator

turret
Corporal
Corporal

Post by turret » 27 Jun 2010, 00:21

nice doctors !!! :)
Great stories you wrote and funny as well.

But in some way, you cheated a bit.
I was the officer in charge when you came 2 times at the NAF 23rd main entrance.

First time as you said, Blackwolf was away so we pulled you out but 2nd you were cleared to enter.
Before crossing the gate, I "searched" you not physically since we couldnt do it according Berget Crew and Blackwolf.
I just asked you to tell me what was in the bags and you told me that it was just medical supplies. (hayfever pills for example ) :P
Normally, you should have given me your green card. (as always according to BE rules !!)

However, good job. The outfit was excellent and you were really convincing. 8)

Bilich
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bilich » 27 Jun 2010, 00:34

turret wrote:nice doctors !!! :)
Great stories you wrote and funny as well.

But in some way, you cheated a bit.
I was the officer in charge when you came 2 times at the NAF 23rd main entrance.

First time as you said, Blackwolf was away so we pulled you out but 2nd you were cleared to enter.
Before crossing the gate, I "searched" you not physically since we couldnt do it according Berget Crew and Blackwolf.
I just asked you to tell me what was in the bags and you told me that it was just medical supplies. (hayfever pills for example ) :P
Normally, you should have given me your green card. (as always according to BE rules !!)

However, good job. The outfit was excellent and you were really convincing. 8)
You should ask can you search someone. If he says yes go and search him.. if answer is no he is probably hiding something so just shoot him..
:wink:

I had problems with one civilian who shoot me while he was yelling that he is unarmed... after that every civilian was my enemy... If someone needs civilian executor just call me..

Trust noone , if he is unarmed take him to PSYOPS , if he is armed shoot him... or shoot him anway , search him and call medic to heal him :wink:
That was mine rule :P
B8 - Poldavian 3.rd mountainers , 4th platoon
B9 - Mister of Poldavia and sexual object

turret
Corporal
Corporal

Post by turret » 27 Jun 2010, 00:41

Will be for me as well if I am to return to BE games someday.

However, I was told (by HQ) not to search anyone even if person is ok.
I'm a good dog so obeyed the order. (but for the last time)

I shouldnt be so easy trusting. :D

Bilich
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bilich » 27 Jun 2010, 01:05

turret wrote:Will be for me as well if I am to return to BE games someday.

However, I was told (by HQ) not to search anyone even if person is ok.
I'm a good dog so obeyed the order. (but for the last time)

I shouldnt be so easy trusting. :D
Our platoon leader told us to search anyone. Some Russian guys from 1st searched us (3.rd mountainers) and told us to leave our mags before we are allowed to talk with their platoon leader. They really do not trust anyone and that's good for the game :)

Just a small search , you will not put your hands in someones pockets but backpacks must be opened before he is allowed to speak with your officer.

If civilian or mercanaries tells me that they are unarmed it does not mean that he will not shoot my platoon leader , officer or someone from my squad. Shoot first ask later. Medic is there to do his job :D

We captured one civilian at the green zone and noone wanted to take him to PSYOPS ( last day ) and my platoon leader was just looking for me :D
Bilich , kill him. He was a nice guy so i did not want to kill him but orders are orders :P
B8 - Poldavian 3.rd mountainers , 4th platoon
B9 - Mister of Poldavia and sexual object