LARP awards

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 8.
Rhyn0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

LARP awards

Post by Rhyn0 » 23 Jun 2010, 11:37

(sorry for the many typos, i wrote this from my mobile, i'll edit later when i'll get to my pc)

One of the things that make Berget such a great game for me is the roleplay. It makes it unique compared to any other airsoft event, and because of this we have begun introducing roleplay in our games in romania with great success.
I think the people that get into their role so good it makes you say wow deserve a thread of their own, with us telling our oppinions and impressions about how they made us feel, and for them to describe how and what were they thinking at the time. Sometimes seen from both sides gives surprising insights on what actually triggered those reactions.

I will start by saying Thank You! to all of you who roleplayed at B8, you made a great game go beyond awesome.

Most memorable roleplays:
-Rakowski, as usual, spot on. inspiring, commanding, always being in control, a character you want to follow. As we were in the field alot i did not get alot of interaction with him, except a few hours during the "infection" when we served as guards. there was no doubt he was giving orders and expected them followex without delay or hesitation. It was to me and a couple of my guys that he gave the order to guard the "doctors without money" and then take them out back and shoot them. I thought to refuse the order on the grounds of geneva convention and really struggled because i was almost sure i would be stripped of rank, even mprisoned myself. lucky for methe doctors pleading gave me a little time, and the arrival of robman and the deal struck solved my "moral" dilemma.
Great roleplay from our undercover doctors, when meeting the other 2 the dialogue was awesome, asking them their area of expertise, their hospital,then showing them the patients.i was so suspicious i asked the general to let me search them.. didnt find anything, but immedialty one of the undrrcover doctors talked whispered with one of the new ones, i saw a package exchange hands and our undercover doc hid it under his shirt and hurried to the hq. i was so caught up i thought it was a bomb, or a biological agent, i yelled at him to stop, he didnt and ducked inside the hq.. i ran after him, and was so adrenalised i let a round fly in the tent, at the ground at his feet(totally forgetting there was no fire allowed in the tents), for which i then apologised to everyone( and again now, sorry guys).
So overall a great atmosphere right there.

special mention of the "infected" who played their role very well. some guys from 1st insisted they come in armed, because "sick comrades go in, but no1 came out" and we let them, but after a half hour, as they got sicker, they began threatening, leading to a short stand-off and finally a firefight in which we had to put them down. gj guys, well played.
other infected tried to make a break for a car, luckily they ran into one of my guys(Tomcat) which after a short hesitation pulled out his side-armand very calmly double tapped the 5-6 of them in like 3 seconds, looking very business-like in the process.. the guys "died" very artistically, falling,flailing arms and screaming, and a couple had to be dragged as "corpses" becaus theydidn't get up.

Robman played his part well as usual as comandat of the prison then running undercover psyops ops, with Freno doing a good job at being commander and making sure everyone is ok and has fun.

Good roleplay from the prisoners in the camp, especially the first 4, who were put by me to work at filling sandbags and building bunkers (even if it wasnt yet game-on they agreed to play the part). nice escape atfempt on the second day guys,but you should have just walked to the hole under the fence instead of running, this attracted attention and got one of you shot) ..he was then released.. good dedication there.

a special mention for Julia, and the civilians in and near the tent, who played their roles very well, and showed great fairplay when kncked out or killed, and did not betray our infitration unit. We had the best mission eve, so thank you guys, and i will never forget the look on the elder woman's face when in knelt behind her in her own tent, in the middle of her camp, while sehe was interogatingone of my guys that we sent as bait, after knocking out 3 of her own peple not 2 meteres away from her, and whispered in her ear:
"I have a knife to your throat. Do not move a muscle, do not make a sound, do not signal for any help. my men are all over your camp, make a wrong move and you, the people in this tent and half of all your people will die and it will be on your coscience".
she played it real cool after that, trying to delay and misinform stalling for time, and i decided to knock her out instead of kill, and got my guys out of there alive with a lot of luck and a bit of planning.
the undercover bait "pilots" then told us how good your interogation techniques were, how at some point they actually felt scared for their lives, before realising.. hey, its just a game.
Thank yout for your roleplay and fairplay, best airsoft experience ever.

All were cool, but the best was the civilian that was captured twice and brought to prison, which rped as a chemical plant worker whose family got killedin the war. this guy was truly awesome. he stayed in character perfectly, servile and shamed, havinv headaches from the chemical fumes, ofrering to work menial jobs, anything to survive. even tho we were suspicious of his act,he played it sooo well that it truly moved us. we took him to the fire to warm and dry, but he would not sit on a bench, saying we need to sit because we are soldiers and more tired, and he kneeled on the wet ground. we offered water, and yhen when i gave him a powerbar he was so gratefull he almost cried.
later he was released i think , then recaptured with a pistol, and he again gave an amazing prrformance, crying fom headaches and remembering only tidbits from before. i was dressed as civilian by then, and he pretended not to know me, but remembered my gun(i have a distinctive mp5-pdw painted marpat), and told me a story how a guy with a gun like mine treated him very well giving him food and water and shelter..
this gut deserved an oscar, and im so srry that i didn'tget his name or met himat the beerparties, i looked for him wanting to buy him a beer, but he never showed, or i just missed him.

Great job, all of you!

Tor
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Tor » 23 Jun 2010, 15:52

I think many people did excellent role playing. But for me the most memorable where
a couple of Danish guys who role played as civilian partisans/rednecks from Afghanistan
(or similar). They where really spontaneous and funny, i.e. annoying the hell out of NAF
commanders, when we joined them for a joint operation.

The highlight of there role play where in our civilian camp when NAF where supposed
to arrest the gypsy woman, and we civilian did not like that. The gypsy woman started
to flee through our camp from NAF when she suddenly was shoot and fell to the
ground. The consequence of this cowardly act from NAF ended in a shoot out between NAF
and civilians. At the end all NAF soldiers in the camp where shoot.

Then suddenly one of the partisan guy says ...

"I shoot gypsy. Gypsy run, gypsy steal" :)

* NAF never shoot her. It was actually the partisan guy who did
it when he saw her running.
Last edited by Tor on 23 Jun 2010, 20:42, edited 2 times in total.

Obi-San
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Obi-San » 23 Jun 2010, 16:05

The point was that taliban guys shoot the gypsy , not the NAF fellas :)
B7 - Orlov Mercs
B8 - Civilian Field Intelligence
B9 - Home Support Team
B10 - Mountaineers Foreign Legion
B11 - SVR Spetsnaz
B12 - Power Ranger
B13 - SADF Paras
B14 - Shadow of the NAF
B15 - NAF infantry. All of it
B16 - UPIR shareholder
B17 - TF Gecko

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 23 Jun 2010, 16:19

Indeed, the taliban guys were funny as hell. Good job guys! :D
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

Pierrem
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Pierrem » 23 Jun 2010, 17:12

Weren't they from kazakhstan?

They tried to have "sexy time" with 23rd members, but high command never wanted to... :D

Blackwolf
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Larp

Post by Blackwolf » 23 Jun 2010, 17:54

Hello

One of those moments was went i went down to the 23 rd Base gate and just found out that civilians sold drugs to one of my men :x.

I was pretty angry with my men so i decided that Berget should bring in Doctors to test my men for drug consumption and i would then court marshall them.

It was a good moment, well done civilians

regards

Blackwolf
BLACKWOLF
BERGET 5 NATO SQUAD LEADER
BERGET 6 NATO PLATOON LEADER
BERGET 7 NATO COMPANY COMMANDER
BERGET 8 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 9 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 10 NAF ALL THE WAY
MEMBER HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM
PORTUGAL

FallenGuard
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by FallenGuard » 23 Jun 2010, 18:13

The Crack addicts in front of the 23d Base were pretty funny! The CD Player with the Music was a nice touch :D

Never found out if they had another purpose, I suspected them to be Psyops at first...

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 23 Jun 2010, 18:43

I have one specific moment to mention.

At a certain moment on (I think) friday, one of my platoon commanders (ReconProg from Bulgaria) came to me with a weird story. He told me that one of his team members just came back from respawn, but acted really strange, not being himself. He was talking rubbish and wanted to talk to me only. So I told Recon to bring him over and have a chat with me. I figured this happende more, so let him come. Recon continued with his story as Vardemis (France) was already staning next to me. Again recon told about the strange way his platoon member acted, not being himself... as he also mentioned "prison" both Vardemis and me shouted "POISON!!!" SHOOT HIM AND KEEP HIM AWAY FROM ME!!! Timo drew his gun standing before me keeping me safe and Vardemis and Recon went to the guy to execute him.

(Nice try Norman :D)

Not only the infected person (don't remember his name, but Bulgarian as well) but even more ReconProg acted PERFECT!!! Congratz on that one Recon, you did a freaking nice job there. You were as serious as you've been all the game and I only noticed after the word 'prison'
Good job Recon!!!
Berget 5: 2IC Spetsnaz.
Berget 6: CoyCO NATO Golf coy.
Berget 7: PtnCO 2nd platoon 2nd coy
Berget 8: 3rd Rangers Battalion:
Berget 10: Co of NAF forces

kacka
Private
Private

Post by kacka » 23 Jun 2010, 22:55

WhiteAce wrote:I have one specific moment to mention.

At a certain moment on (I think) friday, one of my platoon commanders (ReconProg from Bulgaria) came to me with a weird story. He told me that one of his team members just came back from respawn, but acted really strange, not being himself. He was talking rubbish and wanted to talk to me only. So I told Recon to bring him over and have a chat with me. I figured this happende more, so let him come. Recon continued with his story as Vardemis (France) was already staning next to me. Again recon told about the strange way his platoon member acted, not being himself... as he also mentioned "prison" both Vardemis and me shouted "POISON!!!" SHOOT HIM AND KEEP HIM AWAY FROM ME!!! Timo drew his gun standing before me keeping me safe and Vardemis and Recon went to the guy to execute him.

(Nice try Norman :D)

Not only the infected person (don't remember his name, but Bulgarian as well) but even more ReconProg acted PERFECT!!! Congratz on that one Recon, you did a freaking nice job there. You were as serious as you've been all the game and I only noticed after the word 'prison'
Good job Recon!!!
Team Killers :D :D

That was me White Ace :D

Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 24 Jun 2010, 10:53

Being infected was one of the funniest role playing moments I ever had in Berget. Ok, waiting for a cure for 2 hours was less than amusing, but when we first got infected by Majk, me and Olli decided to go straight into the PSYOPS compund and really put on a show. We gagged, coughed, squirmed and appeared to be in agony. I even tried to shoot myself with my Pistol but got stripped from arms by Olli and soon after putting up a good struggle to get the pistol back I got knocked Out by Ovidius.

...2 hours pass...

With just minutes of life expectancy me and Olli tried to get all the infected to make a run for a car and start our way towards the NAF camp to do whatever damage we could. Almost all of them stayed put as only 4-6 of us made a run for it. On the way we were stopped by guardsmen and eventually we were humanely put to sleep and put out of our misery. I got dragged away for a few meters by my comrades.

It was all good fun and we had some fun with the infected ones. A shooting course and good stories to share.
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 25 Jun 2010, 08:48

Kartoon wrote:Being infected was one of the funniest role playing moments I ever had in Berget. Ok, waiting for a cure for 2 hours was less than amusing, but when we first got infected by Majk, me and Olli decided to go straight into the PSYOPS compund and really put on a show. We gagged, coughed, squirmed and appeared to be in agony. I even tried to shoot myself with my Pistol but got stripped from arms by Olli and soon after putting up a good struggle to get the pistol back I got knocked Out by Ovidius.

...2 hours pass...

With just minutes of life expectancy me and Olli tried to get all the infected to make a run for a car and start our way towards the NAF camp to do whatever damage we could. Almost all of them stayed put as only 4-6 of us made a run for it. On the way we were stopped by guardsmen and eventually we were humanely put to sleep and put out of our misery. I got dragged away for a few meters by my comrades.

It was all good fun and we had some fun with the infected ones. A shooting course and good stories to share.

LOL Got infected by your own people :D After that... I wonder who's side they were really on :?:

Kacke: Nice roleplaying :D I won't forget your name no more :P
Berget 5: 2IC Spetsnaz.
Berget 6: CoyCO NATO Golf coy.
Berget 7: PtnCO 2nd platoon 2nd coy
Berget 8: 3rd Rangers Battalion:
Berget 10: Co of NAF forces

[JH]crazydog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by [JH]crazydog » 25 Jun 2010, 18:03

WhiteAce wrote:
LOL Got infected by your own people :D After that... I wonder who's side they were really on :?:
No.
The infection was caused by Berget Crew for a poison in our drinking water. The virus and his antidote has no effect on it.
Jarheads never die, they just go to hell to regroup

Berget 10 -
Berget 9 - Freno's XO
Berget 8 - PSYOPS XO
Berget 7 - Yuri Orlov's Mercs HQ-Staff
Berget 6 - Conrad's Mercs XO

Baron
Captain
Captain

Post by Baron » 26 Jun 2010, 07:38

[JH]crazydog wrote:
WhiteAce wrote:
No.
The infection was caused by Berget Crew for a poison in our drinking water. The virus and his antidote has no effect on it.
for more info on the water posion see the other thread - PSYOPS/Civilian - Medics :)

Rhyn0 - I found that scene rather amusing since I thought you knew I was Psyops :P I showed the badge when we got into the tent. Luckily the shot didn't hit anyone so no harm done. And if I may say, I thought your action also improved our standing with the civilians since the doctor, the civilian one, could tell his mates that we where under gun-threat! So Cudos!
B15: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B14: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B13: Commander (GCT Mech)
B12: Platoon Commander (UniSec Mech)
B11: Medic (GCT)
B10: Medic (PSYOPS)
B9: Medic (UN)
B8: Medic (PSYOPS) - Civilian Medic
B7: Medic (Nato)
B6: Medic (United Nations)
B5: Medic (Swedish Forces)

elanaiba
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by elanaiba » 27 Jun 2010, 10:53

Kartoon wrote: With just minutes of life expectancy me and Olli tried to get all the infected to make a run for a car and start our way towards the NAF camp to do whatever damage we could. Almost all of them stayed put as only 4-6 of us made a run for it. On the way we were stopped by guardsmen and eventually we were humanely put to sleep and put out of our misery. I got dragged away for a few meters by my comrades.

I was one of the guys trying to stop you from running, by the gate - and I think I shot 1 or 2 of the running infected. Do you mean I shot Kartoon and Olli?

Lol I kind of feel ashame now.

Doff
Berget Moderator
Berget Moderator

Post by Doff » 30 Jun 2010, 00:20

Tor..it was a nice time to find the eldrer of the civys
and we talking about the rules of the permits of vepons and so on

To all the Civy..great work
>Hellcats<