A FAIR GAME OR NOT ???

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 8.
Murrdohk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Murrdohk » 01 Aug 2010, 13:17

Ober-lix wrote:
5th NAF base in the open easy to spy on from Eagle Cliff.

I can vouch for that because that was one of my duties on the last day of the game. I sat on top of the cliff for about an hour and kept on eye on things in the camp with my high-powered scope. Even at several hundred meters away, I could literally count the number of people in the camp, with or without dead rags on, and watch troop movements in and out of the camp. This information was then radioed back to HQ. :wink:
B7 - NATO Oscar 1 Alpha Infantry / Medic
B8 - Civilian Medic / Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers Echo Company
B9 - Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers 5th Platoon/Delta Squad Medic

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 01 Aug 2010, 21:27

I think the Dutch guys in 3rd poldavian made the best example on how you live in a tent standing in a slope, by the road, in the rain... Them guys dug almots knee deep trenches and slept on camping beds and they come from the netherlands! (a long way to drag beds).

I think its up to the BN of each fraction to speak to BE crew about their bases and supplys before gamestart and during. Also its the BNs responsibility to find solutions for his troops. Tiger spread the word that rain was coming, told everyone to dig in and make sure everything OK with the camp.
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

NL_Lexxie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by NL_Lexxie » 02 Aug 2010, 01:21

Its a long way to Sweden from the Netherlands, so we come prepared that way we can have an optimal game experience. You know what ruins a game for you? Wining about the suck, embrace it and crack on!!

Who the f*ck cares that your hair blower does not work in base!!

elanaiba
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by elanaiba » 02 Aug 2010, 01:32

Murrdohk wrote:Ober-lix wrote:
5th NAF base in the open easy to spy on from Eagle Cliff.

I can vouch for that because that was one of my duties on the last day of the game. I sat on top of the cliff for about an hour and kept on eye on things in the camp with my high-powered scope. Even at several hundred meters away, I could literally count the number of people in the camp, with or without dead rags on, and watch troop movements in and out of the camp. This information was then radioed back to HQ. :wink:
Having that kind of stuff possible is what makes Berget unique :)

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 02 Aug 2010, 11:03

NL_Lexxie wrote:Its a long way to Sweden from the Netherlands, so we come prepared that way we can have an optimal game experience. You know what ruins a game for you? Wining about the suck, embrace it and crack on!!

Is that why your dutch colleges in NAF have gone home early ?
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B7 Batallion CO Milo´s Tigers
B8 Batallion CO NAF 5th Infantry
B9. Batallion CO NAF 1st Mech
B10 R&R
B11 lets see
War is the continuation of politics by other means. (Klausewitz)

NL_Lexxie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by NL_Lexxie » 02 Aug 2010, 13:34

@Ober-Lix
I don't know mate you should ask them why they for-fitted. But as far as I know only 8-10 French guys from the rangers left early and off course all of your guys!

Redmenace_tv
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Redmenace_tv » 02 Aug 2010, 15:13

not all i think Lexxie, just the large contingent of Italians. (The dutch did disappear on the second night to go drinking tho.) I think next year a few more Brits might stiffen the backbone.
(TOM)
Berget 8 - NAF 5th Staff Officer
Berget 9 - 2IC NAF 1st Mech battalion
Berget 10 -2IC NAF 23rd Inf Battalion
Berget 11 -AWOL
Berget 12 - AWOL
Berget 13 - ?

NL_Lexxie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by NL_Lexxie » 02 Aug 2010, 15:44

Redmenace_tv wrote:not all i think Lexxie, just the large contingent of Italians. (The dutch did disappear on the second night to go drinking tho.) I think next year a few more Brits might stiffen the backbone.
Holly crap are you serious? guys who singed up to be the most hardcore milsim players at berget 8 went of to get drinks? I am so happy me and the other guys from the 38th LMR played 3rd mountaineers.

It is always good to see more Brits on berget, played some of my best games in the UK!!

running+sizzor
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by running+sizzor » 02 Aug 2010, 22:55

I guess it's all about what you want and what you expect.

The terrain and housing were exactly as I expected. (I guess doing your research with forums, google earth and street view payed off.)
The weather, I didn't know for sure what to expect so I prepared for sub zero temperatures to over 30 degrees, including rain gear.

Normally being on a slope should be better than in a flat valley as you just have to divert the flow of water around you. But that the forrest floor would change into such a big sponge was a bit of a surprise, but nothing a layer of plastic couldn't fix.

People that plan on going to town for a few beers in the middle of the game... I don't understand that, why go though al the trouble and then... but ok if that's what they want to do, as long as they behave, the locals will apprieciate the boost to their economy.
Du kanna har h?lsningarna fr?n brabant
Polly soldier: "I suppose that if it rains really hard, Berget crew will pauze the game for a few hours up to a day."

BRITISH-
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BRITISH- » 03 Aug 2010, 15:01

Redmenace_tv wrote:not all i think Lexxie, just the large contingent of Italians. (The dutch did disappear on the second night to go drinking tho.) I think next year a few more Brits might stiffen the backbone.

I have heard from the Italians playing with NAF that reason they went homes was that they were told that it was "game off" and that most of the Pold's had gone home(not true we all stayed and lived in mud soaked tents), plus they say their camp was a mess, but then so was ours!!!!!!!

British-
Berget 8 1st Pold. comms officer 2nd Coy (italians/Irish)
Berget 7 Nato Lima Zero

Shadow_Breaker
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Shadow_Breaker » 06 Aug 2010, 16:34

Ober-Lix wrote:
NL_Lexxie wrote:Its a long way to Sweden from the Netherlands, so we come prepared that way we can have an optimal game experience. You know what ruins a game for you? Wining about the suck, embrace it and crack on!!

Is that why your dutch colleges in NAF have gone home early ?
Let Me tell you something:

3d Ranger speaking here,

1st day pre game start building camp: No power, no toilet, no tents:
we started to repair torn tents, reput badly put tents, pull out trees that where in our tents (small ones but still)
2nd day pre game building our base: We got power of our OWN generator, still no toilet, ... :
people were coming in, we started to build defences the entire day, we got 20M of rope and some pallets and some more stull, but hardly enough to build a fort, at the end of the day we got water.
1st 2nd 3de 4th day: no toilets
needed to go to a toilet: euhm first tree on the right ;-)

i think you are not up for it, i've seen wet people come in from pattrol (philipino's) and these people where realy wet, the next day playing on in the same clothes.

Why complain, you didn't hear us complain? just play the game, and try to help your people as mutch as you can, it is apreciated.
Thanks to White-Ace: for all the help pep up talks and everything.

Stop whining and get on with it.

Rangers lead the way...

Arbiterman
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Arbiterman » 06 Aug 2010, 19:40

BRITISH- wrote:I have heard from the Italians playing with NAF that reason they went homes was that they were told that it was "game off" and that most of the Pold's had gone home(not true we all stayed and lived in mud soaked tents), plus they say their camp was a mess, but then so was ours!!!!!!!
Hi British, this is Scarecrow actual :)
Nice to see again, comrade!

Can you please find out with your Italian NAF colleagues, who exactly told them that "most of Poldavians gone home"?

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 06 Aug 2010, 22:57

Arbiterman wrote: Can you please find out with your Italian NAF colleagues, who exactly told them that "most of Poldavians gone home"?
...seems to be a great ANTI-PROPAGANDA!!! :-D
-The war is over!!

:-D;-)
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 06 Aug 2010, 23:04

Shadow_Breaker wrote: Let Me tell you something:

3d Ranger speaking here,

1st day pre game start building camp: No power, no toilet, no tents:
we started to repair torn tents, reput badly put tents, pull out trees that where in our tents (small ones but still)
2nd day pre game building our base: We got power of our OWN generator, still no toilet, ... :
people were coming in, we started to build defences the entire day, we got 20M of rope and some pallets and some more stull, but hardly enough to build a fort, at the end of the day we got water.
1st 2nd 3de 4th day: no toilets
needed to go to a toilet: euhm first tree on the right ;-)

i think you are not up for it, i've seen wet people come in from pattrol (philipino's) and these people where realy wet, the next day playing on in the same clothes.

Why complain, you didn't hear us complain? just play the game, and try to help your people as mutch as you can, it is apreciated.
Thanks to White-Ace: for all the help pep up talks and everything.

Stop whining and get on with it.

Rangers lead the way...[/quote]

Maybe one day you will be in command of some men, I only hope you know then what responsabillity meens.[/b]
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B7 Batallion CO Milo´s Tigers
B8 Batallion CO NAF 5th Infantry
B9. Batallion CO NAF 1st Mech
B10 R&R
B11 lets see
War is the continuation of politics by other means. (Klausewitz)

running+sizzor
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by running+sizzor » 07 Aug 2010, 19:48

Maybe one day, you are in a position to be among such men as the 3rd ranger base had. Men who know what personal responsibility means.

If you want a toilet... build one yourself. Which the Rangers did and by the time it was done it was the nicest toilet in the entire game area and safezone. The view from that toilet alone was enough to make the trip to sweden worth while. Wouldn't have traded it for 10 dixies.

But maybe it takes a certain mindset to enjoy what we enjoyed and people who do/can are more inclided to sign up for Rangers or mountaineers. Like others have said: "embrace the suck".

I had hoped for the best, but prepared myself for the worst. If we had 10 feet of snow, I still would have been able to play and still enjoyed myself. Berget crew enables you to have fun, but in the end it's what you make out of it.

I'm sorry you were wet, cold and surrounded by people that where the same and didn't enjoy it. Now what are you going to do about it (next time)?
Du kanna har h?lsningarna fr?n brabant
Polly soldier: "I suppose that if it rains really hard, Berget crew will pauze the game for a few hours up to a day."