Example of sutable Radios

Discuss about all kinds of radio`s sutable for airsoft games.
BijatcH

Post by BijatcH » 18 Oct 2006, 13:40

okay , hints and tips on good retailers and is it sutable för B5?

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 18 Oct 2006, 20:17

More Radio Info:

All radios used in Sweden should be CE-marked to show that it meets EU requirements. These may be owned and imported without restriction. Swedish radio laws apply to the use of transceivers.

There are frequencies that are exempted from licencing, though these generally have limitations on modulation, output etc. These rules are to be followed.

If players use their own radios on frequencies that do not require licences but with parameters that exceed the legal limits, this is entirely at their own risk. Berget Events will assume no responsibility for illegal radio use. We do not recommend exceeding the legal limits on radio frequencies or outputs.

- - -

In Sweden, the 68 MHz band is used by taxis and fire brigades. Do not use this band during B5.

- - -

Midland G7 can be used if it is CE-certified.

As for Midland GXT550 GMRS, theese frequencies require a licence.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

zub

Post by zub » 18 Oct 2006, 21:16

Reference: my second post in this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=67

Spoof said : "There are frequencies that are exempted from licencing, though these generally have limitations on modulation, output etc. These rules are to be followed. "

All the freq. that you say you are going to use have limitations.
The highest legal output on those freq. are 1w. on the SRBR band.
the other 2 are PMR with 0.5w and then LPD with 0.010mw.

You said it yourself in another post, PMR is not usable at B5 because of the limited power... 1watt is not going to do so much more..
en 10mw is not going to do anything...

so my question is (as posted in several other threads): do you have a permission to go beyond the limitations are is 1watt the maximum power you, in the command centers, are going to use?

In another thread (or on the website, can't remember) you speak about a repeater network.
For as much as my knowledge tells me it is illegal to set up repeaters on the PMR network. - Do you have a permission to do so?

Please do not read the above as criticism, I simply enough just doesn't understand how you plan to make a working radio network with the freq. you have said you will be using.

WildCard

Post by WildCard » 18 Oct 2006, 21:29

However, PMR would be usefull for inter-team communications

zub

Post by zub » 18 Oct 2006, 21:54

WildCard wrote:However, PMR would be usefull for inter-team communications
From the website:
"The LPD and SRBR bands will be used for communications at company level, and the PMR band at platoon and squad levels. This will require some units to have two radios."

LPD = 0.010watt
SRBR = 1.0watt

Warchild

Blackbox

Post by Warchild » 26 Oct 2006, 10:00

I will be attending Berget 5 in June and was wondering if Blackbox radios are legal and will be permited for use in B5?

http://www.radiosandheadsets.com/cart/c ... t=3&page=1

Let me know...warchild_1987@hotmail.com

Warchild

Blackbox

Post by Warchild » 26 Oct 2006, 10:02

BTW, I live in the United States...can the Blackbox radios get through customs?

Finarvas

Post by Finarvas » 26 Oct 2006, 15:12

They should. They're legal to own, but you would technically need a permit to transmit with them.

JJ

Post by JJ » 11 Nov 2006, 22:28

zub:

If you have a radio amateur certificate you can use the LPD channels with high output. I would expect there to be some radio amateurs participating and then some bending of rules might take place as well. But that's my guess...

It's not legitimate but as long as it doesn't disturb anyone it shouldn't be a problem. If you want to legally transmit using high output power on LPD you can always get an amateur radio certificate.

zub

Post by zub » 12 Nov 2006, 21:23

JJ wrote:zub:

If you have a radio amateur certificate you can use the LPD channels with high output. I would expect there to be some radio amateurs participating and then some bending of rules might take place as well. But that's my guess...

It's not legitimate but as long as it doesn't disturb anyone it shouldn't be a problem. If you want to legally transmit using high output power on LPD you can always get an amateur radio certificate.

Thank you, i didn't know a simple amateur cert. would do it... do you know what the output limit is?

... seams i'm not going to get an answer to my question :(

Finarvas

Post by Finarvas » 12 Nov 2006, 22:27

At B4 the UN staff comms was run by people whom I do believe had radio amateur certificates.

Our team will probably bring PMR radios capable of good transmit power, tho we'd of course never dream of transmitting with them Image

JJ

Post by JJ » 12 Nov 2006, 23:13

zub:

At least up to 50 W... not sure what the limit might be but I know radio amateurs who use 50 W output when communicating via LPD. Don't have a certificate myself though.

hison

Post by hison » 12 Nov 2006, 23:22

Finarvas - det var jag, men jag använde inte min amatörsignal som egenskap av radioamatör vid det tillfället.. 8)

JJ -” If you have a radio amateur certificate you can use the LPD channels with high output. ”

Det är inte så enkelt som det låter. Även om man nu skulle vara eller bli en radioamatör.

För ett amatörradiocertifikat krävs godkänt prov för amatörradiotrafik som visar
• kunskaper i radioteknik
• kännedom om trafikmetoder
• kännedom om gällande bestämmelser

Den som använder en amatörradioanläggning skall ha en egen anropssignal. Denna framgår av certifikatet.

Sändar- och mottagarstationens anropssignal skall användas i början och i slutet av varje sändning. Under
sändning skall anropssignalerna upprepas med korta mellanrum.

amatörradiotrafik: icke yrkesmässig radiotrafik för övning, kommunikation och tekniska undersökningar,
bedriven i personligt intresse och utan vinningssyfte.

Frekvensband Maxeffekt
144 – 146 MHz 1 000 W
432 – 438 MHz 1 000 W

PS om det är någon som vill översätta det till Engelska så är det OK.

Hell-Man
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Hell-Man » 17 Jan 2007, 21:33

hison would the motorola Gp68 be a good radio for berget..

the one we talked over pm in airsoftsverige..

Losolos

Post by Losolos » 22 May 2007, 13:54

short question

does this radio work with the radios you can rent ?

http://www.bidatong.de/

need a fast answer because its only 4 weeks left to
grab one of them ..

losolos