Example of sutable Radios

Discuss about all kinds of radio`s sutable for airsoft games.
motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 26 Nov 2008, 21:01

Hmm. I was wrong and leave the tech tips to Thinker and other dudes actually having used the mentioned radios. :-)
http://www.409shop.com/409shop_product.php?id=102211
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

thegriffen
Newbee
Newbee

Aint that much into radio frequency.

Post by thegriffen » 18 Jan 2009, 20:02

We are thinking of bringing Motorola GP340 with a VHF antenne, is that legal to use.

Best Regards

OviDiuS
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by OviDiuS » 18 Jan 2009, 21:08

Depends on Berget Events. If they gona talk to the local Hunting club and borow the radio space to Berget 7.

If not then VHF Radios is not to recomended.
Last edited by OviDiuS on 19 Jan 2009, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
OPCR 3 - Spec OP SAS
Berget 10 - 9th Sniper unit Second in command
Berget 9 - Civilian Miner Boss over the workers.
Berget 8 - 15th Psyops 1st Company Leader/ Civilian City Police
Berget 7 - Naf Security Co
Berget 6 - UN Co

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Re: Aint that much into radio frequency.

Post by kjsaw » 18 Jan 2009, 21:27

thegriffen wrote:We are thinking of bringing Motorola GP340 with a VHF antenne, is that legal to use.

Best Regards
Historically the allowed radio bands for use by players have been in the UHF PMR/LPD bands. There is one band in VHF that is allocated for use in Sweden, but as Ovidius mentions, it is licensed for use by various hunting clubs, so berget would need to confirm they had permission to use it.
B4 >>> B17
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Tunkis
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Tunkis » 19 Jan 2009, 14:04

As Ovidius and Kjsaw has said, the Vhf band is thinned down to a few channels which you can use. Also you need a certificate to use a VHF radio in Sweden, because of the maritime and govermental usage of the radiofrequencies. :)
B7: NATO; Bravo 2&3 Soldier

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 19 Jan 2009, 14:11

As a reminder: berget-events supplies Radios to each side for taking care of command and control communications. If you are in a position where you are expected to talk to HQ directly, it is 99% likely they have requested a radio set for your role and you will be given this radio to use.

Anyone bringing their own radio will be using it for inter-squad, or at most, inter-platoon communications.

The exact frequencies used by each side on the berget radios are generally not released until very close to the game (at the point berget-events has finalized the rental and programming of the radios themselves).
B4 >>> B17

OviDiuS
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by OviDiuS » 19 Jan 2009, 14:52

Tunkis wrote:As Ovidius and Kjsaw has said, the Vhf band is thinned down to a few channels which you can use. Also you need a certificate to use a VHF radio in Sweden, because of the maritime and govermental usage of the radiofrequencies. :)
Well you need the certificate to use VHF radios on the 155 mhz.

155 Mhz is a frequency that don't need a certificate/License. This frequency is dedicated to hunters and Hunting Clubs. Usually all the hunting clubs gather and talk and agree on what Channels what club can use and usually this happens 1 time in a life time and after that Club 1 will use channel 2 for the hunt and Club 2 will have channel 3 and so on and on. But Clubs Usually only uses the frequency when the hunting time is right. So 50-70 % of the year the channels is clear and usually no one cares if you borrow it for a day or two. Look at me now im starting to loose my point here..

My point is That the hunting Clubs have Priority to the 155 mhz channels and if Berget Events wants to use the 155 mhz frequency then they have to coordinate whit them so we don't use their Frequency space if they gona use it. thats it to it.

And it is other Frequency's that is out of the 155 mhz that we can used but then every VHF user need to get a License/Certificate. And that cost like under 500 kr/SEK for every user. To get to do the school stuff whit books and the test.

cant think about any thing more to say. My writing can be sort of fucked up but hope you all under stand any how :wink:
Last edited by OviDiuS on 21 Jan 2009, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
OPCR 3 - Spec OP SAS
Berget 10 - 9th Sniper unit Second in command
Berget 9 - Civilian Miner Boss over the workers.
Berget 8 - 15th Psyops 1st Company Leader/ Civilian City Police
Berget 7 - Naf Security Co
Berget 6 - UN Co

thegriffen
Newbee
Newbee

Post by thegriffen » 20 Jan 2009, 17:35

OviDiuS wrote:My point is That the hunting Clubs have Priority to the 155 mhz channels and if Berget Events wants to use the 155 mhz frequency then they have to coordinate whit them so we don't use their Frequency space if they gona use it. thats it to it.
So any good adwise how to find out if berget wants to try and coordinate this, and well, Im not that big a Radio guy, just beening sponsered by my work with these radios, if we wantede to borrow them, how do i make it go on the freq. 155mhz, ofc if Bergets allow it.

Best regards

Tunkis
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Tunkis » 20 Jan 2009, 18:11

Thanks Ovidius.
Didn´t know that about the hunting clubs and their usage of radio frequencies. I just know about the maritime usage of the VHF-radios, because I sail. And therefore wanted to point that out for our foreign friends.

About the radios that BE provide, who are expected to be in need of direct hq communication? Is that all the way down to squadleaders?
B7: NATO; Bravo 2&3 Soldier

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 20 Jan 2009, 18:30

Tunkis wrote:Thanks Ovidius.
Didn´t know that about the hunting clubs and their usage of radio frequencies. I just know about the maritime usage of the VHF-radios, because I sail. And therefore wanted to point that out for our foreign friends.

About the radios that BE provide, who are expected to be in need of direct hq communication? Is that all the way down to squadleaders?
Generally there is a HQ net which goes from HQ - Company command, and a company net, from company commander to platoon leaders. This is what historically has been provided for.
B4 >>> B17

Losolos
Major
Major

Radio

Post by Losolos » 20 Jan 2009, 18:34

at B6 as PLC i have a Radio from BE, works fine 90% of time.
its pre programmed with the channels you need.

I also have a Puxing 777 with a very good antenna with me .. this thing works 100% for me.

and you can hear whats the other teams doing :D
B5-B17 on duty
B18 yellow Crow

Thinker
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Thinker » 21 Jan 2009, 01:45

Basically its the same as always:

Many players understandably want to use the radios they have, but theyre not always legal in another country.

Berget events do always tell people to use for example PMR for squad coms and B-E radios for HQ and bat-net.

Many people dont listen or care, and use whatever they normally use in their country, or simply code in a easy number on the numberpad, use a scanner and you WILL KNOW. Trust me. Its also fun when people takes photos where you can see the frequency of the radio on the display. And this can create problems for future B-E, but hey, why should players care right? Its not like quite a lot of players ignore a lot of the other rules B-E have.
This space intentionally left blank

FOK1

Post by FOK1 » 04 Feb 2009, 17:08

Hello,
Can someone please post a complete list of accepted radios for inner squad/platoon com..
I tried to follow this thread but i eventually got confused and thought about asking.. ( maybe i'll get lucky ;) )

Thank you for reading/helping me

Klaus_F
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Klaus_F » 04 Feb 2009, 17:39

can we use : WOUXUN KG-689 UHF 400-470 w/ FM RADIO ?
Klaus_F (Lithuania)

BERGET 6 MERC, in mers we trust !!!
BERGET 7 NATO, OSCAR 2
BERGET 8 1st POLDAVIAN.
BERGET 9 .... ?

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 04 Feb 2009, 19:47

I think we´re restricted in sweden to max 0.5mW output!? :cry: :lol:
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK