Bowman PRR

Discuss about all kinds of radio`s sutable for airsoft games.
balnk
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 5
Joined: 22 Feb 2010, 13:29

Post by balnk » 22 Feb 2010, 13:36

Hello all,

I own several H4855 radios and I have a quick question for the guys that know something about this units.

One of my radios makes a two tone sound when I transmit. When I hit the square button ptt, I hear a high tone then a low tone. It does transmit to the other radios, but every few seconds, while transmiting, it repeats the two tones. over and over every few seconds for as long as I hold down the square button. Very annoying.

Anyone know why it does this? this is not listed in the two page manual that I have. I would like to turn this off. It sort of is like the low battery warning, but that is a four tone sound.

Anyone?

User avatar
kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee
Posts: 1019
Joined: 07 Nov 2006, 21:21

Post by kjsaw » 22 Feb 2010, 13:56

balnk wrote:Hello all,

I own several H4855 radios and I have a quick question for the guys that know something about this units.

One of my radios makes a two tone sound when I transmit. When I hit the square button ptt, I hear a high tone then a low tone. It does transmit to the other radios, but every few seconds, while transmiting, it repeats the two tones. over and over every few seconds for as long as I hold down the square button. Very annoying.

Anyone know why it does this? this is not listed in the two page manual that I have. I would like to turn this off. It sort of is like the low battery warning, but that is a four tone sound.

Anyone?
I guess you have the PTT that has the data port on the bottom (not the dual PTT).

I have noticed the same thing on one where I have the same PTT with data port. I have not figured out which pins to short to make it go away, but I did notice one thing;

- Attach a normal (i.e. without data port) ptt and turn the radio on. The beep should now not happen.
- Keep the radio turned on and swap to the PTT with the "data port"
- now the radio should transmit with the other PTT without making the beeps.
B4 >>> B16
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

User avatar
Tech
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 20
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 18:30
Location: Scotland, UK

Post by Tech » 22 Feb 2010, 15:31

Hi

Im looking to buy a radio for when i go

does anyone know of anywhere you can get a good one for myself

User avatar
kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee
Posts: 1019
Joined: 07 Nov 2006, 21:21

Post by kjsaw » 22 Feb 2010, 15:41

Tech wrote:Hi

Im looking to buy a radio for when i go

does anyone know of anywhere you can get a good one for myself
Are you specifically looking for a PRR as described here? or just a general radio, As far as I know the number of people using these specific PRR type radios is relatively low compared to PMR or LDP radios.
B4 >>> B16
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

balnk
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 5
Joined: 22 Feb 2010, 13:29

Post by balnk » 22 Feb 2010, 17:56

Thank you kjsaw!

I will try your idea. I do own dual ptt's wired with a motorola HT750 plug. I do not have a ptt with a data port.

I am looking to buy some additional dual ptt's, if you know anyone selling?

Maybe someone will know the answer to my problem? I hope.

NL_Lexxie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Posts: 192
Joined: 29 Oct 2007, 19:23

Post by NL_Lexxie » 22 Feb 2010, 19:30

Guys,

What you are experiencing whit your bowman radio’s is a software failure.
This generally only happens when a ptt is connected other then the single ptt.
The beeps mean that you communications are not coded, it is harmless but pretty annoying.
I have repaired quite a lot of these units and the only thing you can do solve this is to replace the radio unit inside the housing or find a person how can put new software in the unit but I did not come across one yet.

Cheers
Lexxie

User avatar
kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee
Posts: 1019
Joined: 07 Nov 2006, 21:21

Post by kjsaw » 22 Feb 2010, 20:20

NL_Lexxie wrote:Guys,

What you are experiencing whit your bowman radio’s is a software failure.
This generally only happens when a ptt is connected other then the single ptt.
The beeps mean that you communications are not coded, it is harmless but pretty annoying.
I have repaired quite a lot of these units and the only thing you can do solve this is to replace the radio unit inside the housing or find a person how can put new software in the unit but I did not come across one yet.

Cheers
Lexxie
Hi Lexxie; In my circumstance I am not sure that is the case, because with a standard PTT the beep does not appear on any of my radios, but with this particular "data" PTT the beep comes no matter which radio I attach it to, I have tests this on all 10 different PRR's with the same result, so it seems its related to the PTT to me.
B4 >>> B16
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

NL_Lexxie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Posts: 192
Joined: 29 Oct 2007, 19:23

Post by NL_Lexxie » 07 Mar 2010, 07:01

kjsaw wrote:
NL_Lexxie wrote:Guys,

What you are experiencing whit your bowman radio’s is a software failure.
This generally only happens when a ptt is connected other then the single ptt.
The beeps mean that you communications are not coded, it is harmless but pretty annoying.
I have repaired quite a lot of these units and the only thing you can do solve this is to replace the radio unit inside the housing or find a person how can put new software in the unit but I did not come across one yet.

Cheers
Lexxie
Hi Lexxie; In my circumstance I am not sure that is the case, because with a standard PTT the beep does not appear on any of my radios, but with this particular "data" PTT the beep comes no matter which radio I attach it to, I have tests this on all 10 different PRR's with the same result, so it seems its related to the PTT to me.
Hi Kris,

I have had 1 data ptt a while back but it acted normaly when i worked whit it. That does not mean that the one i had behaved normaly tough. But i can assure you when you experience a beep when operating the prr button of any kind of dual ptt you have the software issue. You should not hear the beep when operating the command net button.

Cheers

User avatar
Tech
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 20
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 18:30
Location: Scotland, UK

Post by Tech » 07 Mar 2010, 18:17

Thanks kjsaw

yes i am looking for a prr although if it comes to it i can get an pmr

any ideas where? :shock:

User avatar
kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee
Posts: 1019
Joined: 07 Nov 2006, 21:21

Post by kjsaw » 13 Mar 2010, 14:15

Tech wrote:Thanks kjsaw

yes i am looking for a prr although if it comes to it i can get an pmr

any ideas where? :shock:
Hey Tech. Ebay.co.uk is the place, prices can vary wildly depending on how lucky you are in your search, I have managed to get a complete PRR for but I have seen them sell for over £250. As a reminder though, you would only want to consider buying a PRR if you are with a group that also has them.

If you just want a good radio for berget there is good info in some other threads here.
B4 >>> B16
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

User avatar
kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee
Posts: 1019
Joined: 07 Nov 2006, 21:21

Post by kjsaw » 13 Mar 2010, 14:19

NL_Lexxie wrote:
Hi Kris,

I have had 1 data ptt a while back but it acted normaly when i worked whit it. That does not mean that the one i had behaved normaly tough. But i can assure you when you experience a beep when operating the prr button of any kind of dual ptt you have the software issue. You should not hear the beep when operating the command net button.

Cheers
Interesting to know. I have heard that it is possible to update the software but I have not ever seen anyone offering the service or selling the things required to do it (I suppose it would be done over a special programming PTT)
B4 >>> B16
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

oda315
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 02:50
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA

Bowman PRR

Post by oda315 » 19 Mar 2010, 19:49

I have a Bowman PRR, but I cannot get the PTT rifle switch to sync. Can anybody tell me the steps and the tones I should expect to hear?
Thank you.

User avatar
kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee
Posts: 1019
Joined: 07 Nov 2006, 21:21

Re: Bowman PRR

Post by kjsaw » 20 Mar 2010, 10:39

oda315 wrote:I have a Bowman PRR, but I cannot get the PTT rifle switch to sync. Can anybody tell me the steps and the tones I should expect to hear?
Thank you.
Follow the instructions here:
http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic ... ml#1854360
B4 >>> B16
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

oda315
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 02:50
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA

Bowman Radio

Post by oda315 » 20 Mar 2010, 18:02

Thank you, most kindly. That did the trick!

shawnX
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 7
Joined: 09 Jul 2008, 14:34
Location: Biarritz (64), France

Post by shawnX » 11 Apr 2010, 15:44

Hello,

Anybody know how to make à broadcast with two PRR ? I don't find any information :(

Thanks

Post Reply