Regarding computers in HQ and surveillance photos.

Discuss about all kinds of radio`s sutable for airsoft games.
SaimoN_
Newbee
Newbee

Regarding computers in HQ and surveillance photos.

Post by SaimoN_ » 24 May 2015, 16:25

Hello everyone,

So this will be my first ever Berget game I attend, I have been to previous Berget games but only as an observer (I live in Härnösand myself).

This is not really a radio topic but I found this to be best place to put my questions. At a previous Berget game way back (the one held at Hemsön island outside Härnösand) I found that the HQ in the Safe zone had several computers set up at a long table (don't know about the more recent Berget games though) as a communications central of some sort, I guess? I was wondering how this works exactly in-game?

Do people (players) in the field use cameras to take surveillance photos and send it back to HQ or...? Are there specific teams that are tasked with that? Or does the computers at the HQ have a totally different task? If so, for what?

It wouldn't be a difficult thing to do since one could just use some sort of smartpad or mobile phone, then use an app of whatever kind and send pictures back to HQ.

And maybe I have missed the info somewhere, but does anyone know if there will be some kind of drones in-game? (A quadrotor with camera mounted)

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section, if so then please remove or place it in another thread.

Sgt._Shaw
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Regarding computers in HQ and surveillance photos.

Post by Sgt._Shaw » 24 May 2015, 20:19

Is this the right place for that question? - I don't know either.

Fact is: Ingame HQ's have had Notebooks and Laptops (brought by the commander/s).
Purpose: - writing and printing stuff (example: pass/documents for civilians that are working for them)
- reviewing photos and other data collected in the field
- downloading videos from actioncameras (ingame if still alive, offgame if dead and just needing space on the card xD)

and the list goes on.

So yes, notebooks were used in the past for intel operations. But not the computers in the offgame area. Those are for the BE-Staff (Check-in and work during the game).
Berget 10: NAF 2nd Mech- Scout/Bv 206-Crew (Odin coy)
Berget 11: GCT Mechanized, Direwolf 1 - RATELO (D-1-2)
Berget 12: PMC Mechanized, Lockpick, Bv-206 RATELO and 2IC
Berget 13: GCT Mechanized, Lockpick-Coy: 2IC and RATELO
Berget 15: UPIR Heavy Mechanized, PBV Mech-Inf, AT and 2IC

SaimoN_
Newbee
Newbee

Re: Regarding computers in HQ and surveillance photos.

Post by SaimoN_ » 25 May 2015, 21:12

Sgt_Shaw, oh ok! Thanks for your reply! :)