Sniping/Reconesens

Feel free to talk about things regarding airsoft.
sniperdude
Private
Private

Sniping/Reconesens

Post by sniperdude » 13 Oct 2010, 23:23

1. What team do I join if me and my friend whants to do Sniper/Recon missions you know like in in the movies.
2. And how do we form such a unit couse i know in a sniper unit there is two persons a shooter and a spotter that is a sniper unit right?
2. And how do the unit get a radio. And if we get bored can we switch to like a Special Forces unit type?
3. And if we can form that unit who is the commander of the unit i mean who does the squad leader answer to?

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 13 Oct 2010, 23:30

1 - Both NAF and Poldavia have Milsim-units. I suggest you try those.

2 - You talk to your platoon commander and ask if you may form a sniper team.

2 again??? - You bring your own 446mhz 0.5w PMR. The Berget-supplied radios are usually for platoon learders and above.
And changing unit types if you get... bored? Are you sure this sniping-thing is for you?

3 - If the two of you form a two-man sniper-team, you will answer to your platoon leader, most likely. You might be added as a small ad-hoc unit to the company HQ. In that case, your primary task would likely be recon, and you might get one of the 5w command-radios.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Talisman
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Talisman » 13 Oct 2010, 23:53

I see that you are obviously stepping into a minefield here.
I'll try to answer your questions as good as I can.

1. You don't! Beeing a airsoft sniper is not like anything you have seen. On Berget, these players are skilled in not shooting at all. Its all about gathering information and reporting back to base.
Sometimes taking a accurate shot at an high ranking officer after lying still for a long, long time.
And now Im just melting the tip of the iceberg with a magnefying glass at midnight. I will guess someone is willing to explain everything a airsoft sniper should be and are.

All major factions probably have sniperteams.

2. Forming the team will be talked about just before the event (or before). Ofcourse you could be training on your observation skills, camouflage skills, communication skills and so on. You could do this with your sidekick. The spotter is usally the boss. (Just remember that you are not usally going to shoot over 60-80m, so be realistic)

3. Bring your own. If Im not completely mistaken, you could also rent one from Berget-Events.
Your sniper team is always attached to a squad or platoon. If you are bored (You should'nt have been a sniper in the first place), you will join a squad in your platoon or Coy.

4. Chain of command. Usally Grunt->Squad Leader -> Platoon Leader -> Coy Commander -> HQ. (Not that sure about this?!) But you will answer to the one that are above you in the chain of command until another order is given.

If you are really in for this, go to some skirmish games and get a feel of it. And dont compare airsoft sniping with hollywood sniping.
Get some experience before you start to sign up as a sniper at Berget, attendees to Berget who are playing as sniper usally have many years of experience behind them, or military training.
Last edited by Talisman on 14 Oct 2010, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
Strand

"A suspicious mind is a healthy mind"
"He who stands with me shall be my brother"

Berget 7 - NATO, OSCAR 1, DELTA (5)
Berget 9 - Pol. 3rd Montaineers, Recon, 5-2

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 14 Oct 2010, 14:00

As far as i remember there is a post from a player who had been a sniper/scout in the B8 " Your best berget 8 moment" thread. there you can have a glimpse of what a sniper/scout in airsoft - especially berget - does.
always remember that your airsoft sniper rifle isn't a realsteel one which shoots over 2km. like Talisman said. your average fighting distance is from 60m to 80m. in this distances it is very different to stay unseen after taking a shot.
at berget, the job of a sniper/scout is very stealthy and more for sake of gaining intel then shooting opponents. so their job is more scout/recon than sniper.

i hope we can help you to find your role for your first berget :)
Last edited by Waldo on 15 Oct 2010, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 14 Oct 2010, 14:56

Talisman wrote:Just remember that you are not usally going to shoot over 60-120m
Make that 60-80m meters....
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL

Talisman
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Talisman » 14 Oct 2010, 20:52

Changed, cheers.

I hope you find some use in this "sniperdude". Like said earlier in this tread; check out all the other sniper/scout/recce treads.
Strand

"A suspicious mind is a healthy mind"
"He who stands with me shall be my brother"

Berget 7 - NATO, OSCAR 1, DELTA (5)
Berget 9 - Pol. 3rd Montaineers, Recon, 5-2

john856

Post by john856 » 11 Aug 2011, 16:33

I think your blog need a new wordpress template. , The site has nice and unique wordpress templates.
Hello Guru Air Jordan 13 High Heels, what entice you to post an article. This article was extremely interesting nike dunk high heels, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this subject last Thursday.
Hi there Air Jordan 23 High Heels, I found your blog via Google while searching for first aid for a heart attack and your post looks very interesting for me.
Nice post Air Jordan 5 High Heels! GA is also my biggest earning. However, it抯 not a much.
To start earning money with your blog, initially use Google Adsense but gradually as your traffic increases, keep adding more and more money making programs to your site.
thanks Air Jordan 4 High Heels!! very helpful post!