The Canadians are coming the Canadians are coming!

Feel free to talk about things regarding airsoft.
BlackRain
Newbee
Newbee

The Canadians are coming the Canadians are coming!

Post by BlackRain » 18 Nov 2010, 05:35

Well not for the upcoming Berget unfortunately but we will be attending in 2012 and are making our travel arrangements already. I was just recently made aware of the Berget event and unfortunately was not able to make the game next year. I will be honest and say it only took one game trailer video of the Berget event to convince us to make the trip. Man you guys know how to throw one hell of a great game! Myself and another team mate will be making it out to the 2012 game and are looking forward to trading BB's with you guys. We will be rocking our Canadian cadpat military uniforms and yes we will even be bringing our guns! After many many long conversations with Canada Customs we have finally gotten permission to bring our guns out and back into Canada. Previously this was not possible with Canadian laws regarding airsoft guns. HUGE step for those of us here in Canada that attend international events.

Couple of questions regarding the event!

Are side arms available for rent? (we are still not able to bring those back and forth into Canada yet)

Not sure which side the Canadian Cadpat uniforms would be classified as ... would they be considered the same are the marpat pattern?

Cheers,
BlackRain.
82nd Devil Dogs Canada

Mr.Ghost
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Mr.Ghost » 18 Nov 2010, 07:01

You can order cheap side arm through BE Shop and sell them (probably) after event . Most of our comrades from countries with such kind of restrictions as Canada do like this from year to year.

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 18 Nov 2010, 07:45

Great to hear that the option has become avaible for you so that we can see you at Berget 10 =)
B5. Russia.
OC2. Militia.
B6. NATO, Bravo coy, 3rd Plt commander
B7. Milos tigers, Sibiria coy, 3rd Plt commander
B8. Poldavian Psy-Ops, Plt commander
B9. UN, Coy commander

Hazardous
Captain
Captain

Post by Hazardous » 18 Nov 2010, 11:00

Nice!
Fine job to them who made the Canadian laws more Airsoft friendly! :P Good to hear that you guy's can make it.
The more the marrier! :lol:
-Mike
B8: NAF 3rd Ranger
B9: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B10: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B11: Head of Rico's bodyguards
B12: Blood Raven - 2IC
B13: IKAROS Cerberus - 2IC
B14: Arrival of my first born
B15: UPIR Command
B16: Merc

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 18 Nov 2010, 11:12

Are side arms available for rent? (we are still not able to bring those back and forth into Canada yet)

Let's see... at the last 3 Bergets, I used my sidearm... well, zero times. Unless you're playing as a civvie, undercover operative, or maybe as a driver you won't need it.
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL

BlackRain
Newbee
Newbee

Post by BlackRain » 18 Nov 2010, 12:59

Thank you gents... we may enter as a spotter/sniper team which is why I asked about the side arm rentals.

It's been a long battle with Canada customs regarding airsoft guns and the import/export side of things. Until just this year we have only been able to import guns with the clear plastic lower receivers. We are now able to import the full metal guns without issue as long as they meet the new Canadian FPS rules. After working with Canada customs on the issue of taking our full metal guns out of the country and back in for international games, we did successfully accomplish that goal. For the first time this year our team and another team from Ottawa were the first players to bring our guns over to a game in the U.S. called Operation Pine Plains.

We are really excited to come out and attend the Berget event, we tried hard to make it happen for the next event but we couldn't get our vacation times switched in order to make it. In the mean time we will be keeping an eye out for video of the game in June and look forward to seeing the action.

Cheers,
BlackRain.

Murrdohk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Murrdohk » 18 Nov 2010, 19:30

Well glad to hear the Canadians are coming next year. I forsee next year being something really special as it will be the 10th annual Berget event...or at least I hope so. :D

As for sidearms, I always carried one with me but never really used mine until last year. I am the main medic for our unit and I got tired of lugging around my heavy carbine and running to everyone's aid all the time so I stopped carrying it and just went with my trusty new .45...don't think I ever hit anyone with it but I damn sure used it trying to get to downed commrades. :wink:
B7 - NATO Oscar 1 Alpha Infantry / Medic
B8 - Civilian Medic / Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers Echo Company
B9 - Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers 5th Platoon/Delta Squad Medic

arne71
Private
Private

Post by arne71 » 18 Nov 2010, 19:42

Well done lads. See you in about 18 months. Cadpat will qualify you for the honorable Poldovian side. Poldovian 3.rd Mountaineers recomended. :)

Murrdohk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Murrdohk » 18 Nov 2010, 19:47

I second that recommendation :wink:
B7 - NATO Oscar 1 Alpha Infantry / Medic
B8 - Civilian Medic / Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers Echo Company
B9 - Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers 5th Platoon/Delta Squad Medic

ron the slayer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by ron the slayer » 18 Nov 2010, 20:46

and i third that recommendation (or however u say it ) :P

Jin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jin » 19 Nov 2010, 10:34

BlackRain,
for CADPAT - restriction for faction is the same as for MARPAT

P.S I tryed to order original CADPAD from Canada - but it costs way to much :(

P.S.S And if something happends - Blame Canada (At last) :)
Berget 8: 23nd NAF - Fox 5
Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers, 1st coy, 2nd PLTC
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 19 Nov 2010, 21:32

Jin wrote:P.S.S And if something happends - Blame Canada (At last) :)
about that, you guys do realise that song will follow you wherever you go, right? :P
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Klings » 19 Nov 2010, 22:26

I'd rent you my Marui Glock17 if you'd pay me 80% of the new price up front, then i'd keep the money if you'd loose it, or return 70% of the new price if you returned it.
68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn

BlackRain
Newbee
Newbee

Post by BlackRain » 20 Nov 2010, 01:23

Thanks for the team recommendation... took a look at some of the youtube video for the 3rd... right up our alley! After a bit of discussion among the team we have decided to just run with our rifles instead of sniping. We are all pretty excited to make it out to the event and are looking forward to it.

Jin- yea it's almost impossible to get genuine cadpat anymore after the military had a court order put out to stop businesses from selling surplus gear and uniforms. Hence the high prices for the stuff that is available. But if there is something particular you want let me know.. I can get genuine issue surplus in pretty good shape. Living next to a military base has it's perks..lol.

Well we will be sure to not let anything go wrong on the field... don't need that damn song following us around ...LOL... god it's stuck in my head already...lol.

KLINGS... we were more looking for any local stores or Berget itself for rentals that we can use our credit card to rent with... don't like using other peoples guns as you never know what may happen.

Any recommendations for radio's for the event? Are there any restrictions for UHF or VHF radio's in Sweden?
Anyone that can recommend a good hotel for us as well would be greatly appreciated... with flight times and game times it looks like we are going to have to be there a couple of days early and leave a day late.

Thanks All,
Cheers,
BlackRain

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 20 Nov 2010, 02:38

Nice to see you guys will make it.

For radios in general LPD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-power_ ... ion_device) and PMR (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PMR446) are legal to use. Obviously with the number of people / squads etc radio spectrum can get crowded. Berget generally set a number of LPD channels for each sides official use and PMR is a free for all. A number of people have also recently been using PRR's for inter-squad comms.

There are a couple of options for places to stay in Härnösand, however I would not rush into booking a hotel since at this point berget has provided no info about precisely where the 2012 event would happen.
B4 >>> B17
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.