THOSE amazing Berget moments!

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Buffel
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

THOSE amazing Berget moments!

Post by Buffel » 03 Jul 2011, 22:42

First of all I'd like to say I very thoroughly enjoyed my first Berget, and would like to thank Berget-events and their crew for a very well run event with a lot of attention to detail.

I'm not going to attempt to do a full AAR, so here's just a summary of those 'magical moments' that really made Berget for me personally. This from a perspective of grunt radio operator in Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers/4th platoon/3rd squad. I was thoroughly impressed with the esprit de corps of the 4th platoon. It may sound silly for a 4 day airsoft event but the overall attitude of "we're mountaineers, we'll go the extra mile" pushed me and all around me that extra mile when feet and legs were hurting, we were knackered, drenched and tired. Very impressive experience. Thank you all, 4th platoon!

So what moments made Berget 9 for me?

Harsh fighting to capture the roadblock near the NAF base, crawling through ferns while a machine gunner is tearing up all the greenery 5cm or so above my ass. Watching the mountaineers work methodically work their way through the positions to finally get an AT launcher onto the bunker. Defending said roadblock for most of the afternoon and then, before heading home, being are ordered into an attack on the NAF base with less than half of the Mountaineer company. I get killed trying to force our way across the open ground just outside the NAF base, and when walking back to respawn talk to some NAF guys. They ask what unit we are and are shocked that a leg unit is operating this far forward. Even more so when he finds out they've been dealing with only half the company. Walking further back we find the bunker just recaptured by a NAF mechanised and foot patrol so can't respawn there. Crap, going to be a long walk back. We're puzzled how the mechanized guys got there though, and ask if they've just driven over the mines. Once clarified which mines we were talking about the vehicle raises their dad rag, sportingly taking the hit without further discussion.

Morning patrol in thick mist. We're crossing very rocky ground due east of the construction site, and get a contract front. Third squad is ordered to flank right of the contact, with 4th (I think) following on our tail. With visibility in the 20 meters range we find our way across tough, slippery terrain to the flank of 1st squad. By that time the contact has already evaporated into the mist without (I think) casualties on either side. In the advance we however have lost with 1st squad and set off to find them again. As we were trying to stick to noise discipline we tried to find out our respective positions, but useful landmarks were limited to 'a whole bunch of rocks, some trees ond lots of moss'. Our platoon commander is having issues with his radios affecting his compass so we're finding each other by dead reckoning. The chaos and confusion resulting from such simple factors really brought home the amount of friction that must occur in real life.

On the same very wet day fighting our way to the crossroads west of Delgas Plateau, against heavy opposition. Crawling forward under a tree trying to spot the rifleman that's on our left flank and holding back our assault. An italian guy from 5th infantry going down in front of us, exposed, no way to get a medic to him. Squad leader orders for covering fire from everyone present, and I get up and sprint forward. To my surprise I reach the italian without getting hit, apparantly the blind covering fire got the gunner's head down. Sprinting back dragging the wounded soldier by his ops vest to safety for our medic to treat him. At that time we radio in to 4-0 that 4-3 is pinned down and unable to advance. Somehow we realise however that opposing fire has gotten lighter and decide to leapfrog across the very narrow stretch next to the lake. Diving for cover on the lst stretch, I topple full on over and start to slive face first into the water only to be stopped by Ace from 4-2 (thanks)! The sheer surprise from 4-0 (Chaplain) when I report in that we are again advancing, even if we are down to 6 or so effectives.

Receiving orders to recon up the east side of Speckstaberget up the 90 meters steep climb to find an alternate way to the Delgas Plateau fuel dump. Spent the best part of an our doing a combat patrol up the steep rocky (and treacherously mossy) slope, while 4-2 do the same a hundred off meters further along the ridge. What an amazing scenery and what an amazing place for milsim. Having to claw my way up through moss while staying low in case someone in on lookout at the ridge below. The excellent discipline within the team as we silently make our way up - great job to the others in 4-3. In all honesty I think Dutch health and safety folks would roll in their graves, but it was very well worth it. Both 4-2 and 4-3 sections came back with huge shit-eating grins feeling we did some proper light infantry work there. (Oh, and being told at the beer party at the end, by the italian guys who were 10-15 years younger that I was 'like a fucking machine going up that slope' was on of the best compliments ever...)

Defending the construction site around noon on the last day with our understrength section and 3 guys from another unit. They call contact and ask for our support so we run across the construction side to the western hillside, and arrive just in time to fire a few shots at the French NAF platoon attacking us. While heavy suppressive fire from the front keeps our heads down they immediately perform a textbook pincer movement and rightfully cream us. Sorry to be the victims, but very impressive to watch the speed and coordination with which that attack was carried out. Kudos to the NAF platoon, whoever you were.

After getting creamed at the construction side we make our way back east to respawn, to find each and every spawn location already occupied by the supposedly elite Zansian guys. So we hump the 3km or so back to base to arrive at 2pm, with only an hour left on the clock. We're all dog-tired, and realize that if we sit down, we're not going to get of our arse the rest of the game. After a quick check there's two of us with a crazy idea. Rush straight back up the mountainside we reconned the other night, and hopefully attack the Zansians from a side they are not expecting. We report in to HQ with our insane idea, get a puzzled blessing from the duty officer. We are told an attack should be inbound by our side fighting up the main road to the same postion so us creating chaos behind Zansian lines could help. Just as we set off with the two of us, a staff NCO runs up to join us. "I've been behind a desk for days, and I want in on this insane plan" We strip kit to 5 mags and our rifle and rush straight up the mountain, covering the 90m height differential in 12-15 minutes. Well above sound tactical speed, and certainly fast enough that we needed a minute or two to catch our breath before pressing on. We sneak through the woods to the cliff-side of the fuel dump and spot Zansians on the crossroad. On point, I make it to within 15 meters of their position and have a medic in my crosshairs when I hear voices a few meters away and realize I'm already inside their defensive perimeter. I get on the PRR and tell my squad mate to flank into a firing position. Waiting for him, I keep aiming at the medc until I realize I am about to be stumbled upon. I turn, gun down the first Zansian as he momentarily has his back to me, and taking him out. The shock showing in his physical reaction: Pricless. Unfortunately the bushes I was lying under then turn into a solid volume of BBs. The near instantaneous and agressive respons by the Zansians was very impressive and right on the money. Just as I am lying there wounded, the preperatory Poldavian artillery barrage arrives a few meters behind me. I assume I am dead, but am surprised no his get called on the Zansians. When they then assault past me, my Joey opens fire, takes down three before he too is gunned down. Three more artillery barrages follow, and the staff NCO somehow survives those to be then gunned down. I am not sure how the Zansians managed to dodge all barrages, must have been some really rapid finding of cover. In any case, massive kudos to the Zansians, some very impressive teamwork and aggressive drills there, I was very impressed. Joey and I walked down off the mountain with the hugest grin at having taken even a few of you with us. We walked back to base completely forgetting just how tired we felt an hour earlier. Oh, and running into the Zansians/Fins at the beer party to find out they are a great bunch of guys and to hear I did gun down their squad leader and he was gobsmacked there were any hostilesin that direction: Priceless.

Massive kudos to the Berget organisers and to our valiant opposition!
Strike 1 for wildlife: Cape Buffalo are said to have killed more big game hunters than any other animal :D

Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers

Brasse
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Brasse » 04 Jul 2011, 01:18

I was in the Poldavian 5th Infantry/Sierra Company/2nd Platoon/1st Squad. Although the whole game was a blast, there were two particular moments who stood out for me.

Day 1, 1 o' clock-ish

We had linked up with some Russians Mountaineers near the coffee plantations and, after securing the construction site, made our way towards the Western Roadblock though Holmbergsmyran I believe. As we got onto the road, visual contact was made with NAF forces around 2.15am and I heard someone ordering us to form a line formation. The commander went all "--- SPAM !!! --- that let's attack! CHARGE!" and with a a tremendous roar around 80 Russians, Swedes and Hungarians dashed towards the bunker with an unquenchable thirst for NAF blood. I got hit in the shoulder after a good twenty meters, got healed, and ran up towards the bunker, which we succeeded to capture. The problem was that there were now enemies on four sides of our position and a NAF armoured vehicle coming in, shooting up many of us including myself after trying to pin down a squad to the south of us. We got massacred more or less, but I think we managed to hold the bunker 'till 3 o' clock, after which we all marched home through the difficult terrain, getting picked up by the Valpen trucks at the intersection between the Eastern Roadblock and Deagan's Plateau.

Day 3, afternoon

Due to the rain, half of our squad declined to tag along on a mission starting at 9pm, instead getting some R&R and fighting off sporadic attacks by NAF and gypsies (who later turned out to be Black Ops). The seven of us who stayed behind opt to go out on a patrol taking the route Poldavian Base - Specksta by Örsjön - Eastern Roadblock - Poldavian Base. We find a mysterious black object by the large gravel intersection near the Forest Graveyard (nether-right in grid J-16), and further north I spot a lonely Poldavian with his death-rag on his head. We immediately form a defensive perimeter and send forward a scout to take a look and, if possible, bring our comrade back to our medic.

I go over to the northernmost gravel road, facing north-west and set up my RPK, getting increasingly annoyed by the mosquitoes who although not suck my blood swarm around my head, trying to find a square inch of skin which is not covered by clothing or spray. I try to swat a few with my hand, and after looking up, I see two soldiers in beige uniform sneaking along closely together less than 20 meters in front of me. Not wanting to contribute to the vast amount of friendly fire which the Poldavians had suffered from since day one, I wait until I get a clear view of their armbands. For a moment I thought they were looking straight at me as there was only a thin line of bushes between us, but the KLMK pattern does its job well; they did not notice me at all. Finally, I see their armbands; they're bright blue alright. As my machine-gun mows down the first hostile, the other tries to run away, but to no avail; he is also hit and goes down.

I call contact and my squadmates slowly start to move futher into the woods surrounding the area, but get hit by a hidden hostile. I and some other guys on both sides bleed out eventually, and we start to chat with the dead enemy squadmembers (finno-swedish Rangers, a very friendly bunch). After a while, the same Russians who helped us take the Western Roadblock (or was it the other way around?) come rushing out from the woods, about fifty of them, and finish of the Finnish rangers. Those in our squad who are still alive (3 of them) decide to tag along while the other four of us march home, beaten but proud that we managed to take out 5-6 rangers while "only" losing 4 people while slightly outnumbered.
B9 - Poldavian 5th Battalion, Sierra Coy, 2nd Plt, Light Machinegunner
B10 - Poldavian 5th Battalion, 3rd Coy, 3rd Plt, Delta Sq, Squad Leader

Hypokondrikern
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Hypokondrikern » 04 Jul 2011, 12:41

Running through the mist with fellow comrades of the Poldavian army at my side to breach the NAF HQ was my most memorable moment.
Berget 18: red
Berget 17: red
Berget 16: red
Berget 15: UPIR Infantry // Medic.
Berget 13: Minerva Infantry
Berget 12: Orlow's Mercenaries
Berget 11: UA17 // Squadleader.
Berget 10: Poldavian PSYOPS
Berget 9: Poldavian Artillery
Berget 8: 5th NAF // Medic.

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 04 Jul 2011, 12:52

My most rememberable moments of B9 was "The Bank incident".
When my both norweigian bodyguards gave them self up, to maybe give me a chance to escape...
Maybe it was a coincident, that it was a norweigian squad that finally got me from under the desk?

Thanks Lanzo and Hell_viking for being that heroic!
Thanks Loke, for being nice under my capturing!
Thanks Kris for using the "pow-rule" on my execusion!!
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Toetach
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Toetach » 04 Jul 2011, 13:22

@buffel:
Our suicide mission @ the fuel dump engaging the zansians was the highlight of berget (read buffels story above) and although I was slain after taking out 3 black ops guys I was fully loaded with adrenaline and grinning from ear to ear wondering if my boner would show. :D :D :D
Berget 8: 3th Poldavian mountaineers
-Kicked NAF butt...-
Berget 9 3th Poldavian mountaineers.

Cuby
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Cuby » 04 Jul 2011, 14:08

Day 1, around 01:30:

My company had been laying along the ridge on the left side of Western Roadblock, just waiting for contact, when we get radioed in to rally up at the bunker. We fall back to a safe position before we go down and after about 15 min rest we are on the move towards Janco. About 50 meters down the road from the bunker we walk into a massive ambush by poldavians where they mow down 7-8 of us instantly. I my self just dig down as deep as I can on the right side of the road and see tons of movement. I get 3 kills before I get shot at from 3 sides at the same time, maybe 10-15 people shooting. Thats alot of plastic in the air! We got more or less shitfaced and it was a total massacre of Fox 6, but it was fun seing how well organized the russians are ( I think they where russian )

Day 3 Around 13:00

Blackwolf orders an airdrop. I run up to him when I find out about the airdrop to ask where the drop is being made. Blackwolf ignored what I said and stuffed me onto the transport along with only Romanians and Bulgarians ( I my self live in Sweden :P ) and I didn't even have any water with me + I needed to take a dump. Transport went over to Eastern Roadblock where we linked up with a few rangers that had called in that the ERB was all clear. We set up a roadblock, and only a few minutes later an enemy vihecle comes dragging their big ass artillery cannon. We take out the car fast without taking any losses, and we start to move down towards the bunker again. Another Poldavian mech unit comes and with a few losses we manage to take it out as well. One or two soldiers does manage to flee though. We set up defencive possitions around the bunker and waits for more poldavians to arrive, as we are sure that the soldiers that escaped are calling in reinforcements. And we where right. Poldavians comes in with TGB with rockets on the roof and maybe 50-100 soldiers and we start picking them out one by one. I my self are stuck in the ditch on the right side leading towards Janco, but manage to take out 3-4 before I get shot my self. After bleeding out me and 2 other bulgarians head towards respawn where we link up with some more dead soldiers. We manage to reinforce our survivors down at the bunker just in time and we also see that we've been reinforced by 2 NAF 1st Mech units too. Fighting keep going for almost 2 hours before we get bombed by airstrike, and I take the airstrike hit without the GM even pointing me out as a victim. While respawning we hear a roar from the poldavians so we understand that the bunker is lost. I make my way across the road and is about to start on the climb down when I hear branches breaking to my right. I stop still in a clearing with nothing to hide behind, turn slowly to see 2 poldavian scouts and I take them both out. As I shoot the 2nd guy I get Blue'n'Blued by one of the Romanians that had just come out to the road. He quickly calls medic and appologizes to me. Being in need of a good shit for over 5 hours, and no water, I deside to hitch a ride with a civilian car that came up to Degas Platou and he drove me unseen through 2 poldavian roadblocks.. EPIC

Later that day we are ordered to mobilize towards Janco. Once down there, after abit of fighting we see alot of smoke grenades being set of, and we all run out of the town yelling "GAS". Once on the outskirts of Janco we hear movement in the bushes. We yell "Blue" and wait for a respons that never comes. We shoot a warning fire and we're soon being shoot upon. While answering the fire, we see a flood of OD dressed people just pouring out of the woods, and we recognize them as the zansians so we order a cease fire. It was an impressive view, seing this flood of zansians rush out of the woods, into Janco, and extracting just as fast as they came in and vanishes. Big kudos for the well organized zansian troops

Last day, around noon.

All Naf forces has been ordered to get ready. Those unable to walk would get a TGB transport down to Janco, as thats where the last battle would be hold. Just west of the Western Bunker we start taking fire, and we have to jump off the TGB and set up a firing line with the rest of the plutoon. We press forward and see plenty of poldavians run for their life. We knifekill all poldavians we see with a death rag so they can go respawn and link up with their troops faster. We have an exelent push forward untill half the plutoon needs to reload, and from there it just goes dead slow. We start taking tons of hits, and soon our plutoon is cut down to half. We manage to take the fuel depo, thus we can use the respawn point there, and we're soon up to full strengt again

This was my first Berget, but due to these events and the amazing people we played against, this will not be my last event.

I do wish that next year people will take more responsibility regarding their safety distances, since I got shot dead twice from within 10meters with a damn hard trimmed gun, and I saw several people on both sides having bleeding wounds from taking hits
B9: NAF 6th Airborne Infantry Battalion, Dingo Company, Dingo Recon
B10: Held back from game cause of work :'(

Trickz
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Trickz » 04 Jul 2011, 14:09

Russians loading all janco population in the church then lighting it up with a at4 xDD

Mix of 4 - 2 and 3 patroling towards the bunker, seeing a man down accross the street. We see 2 guys approaching him but cant confirm side. Their weapons were in a non threatning position but no d rags, so we were hesitant to fire. Then the guys come up to the wounded knife kill him and comment quote '' this is not ur lucky day''. I could here Ace starting to say light em up but buy the time he said light we were all already shooting.

Guess the two naf guys also didnt have a lucky day xD
Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers

Berget 10: Poldavian object of pleasure

wladimir
Newbee
Newbee

Post by wladimir » 04 Jul 2011, 15:23

looking for someone who can do a short game report for our website (http://www.airsoft2day.com)... maybe including some pictures....

for sure full credit and link to your team website

contact me here via pm or via email news @ airsoft2day.com

THANK YOU!

RagNy

Post by RagNy » 04 Jul 2011, 15:50

Most epic must be the holdout on the bank roof during the second day against the Poldavians. We were three guys on the bank roof and we stayed pinned down for about one and a half hour. When the poldavians yell that we have 5 seconds to stand up with our hands above our heads or they'll throw up a grenade we made ready our grenade. They count down and I throw it down, and it turns out they were bluffing. Took out 2 guys. Then they tried using a ladder to get me out as I was the last one left but I took out the guy climbing. Then I took a point blank shot in my finger after missing my shot at a guy climbing the stairs. He came up after that and thanked us guys for a nice firefight.

Then the moment when we brought out our Browning 50cal :D We had a NAF sniper on our roof aiding against the Poldavians attacking and the face he made when we positioned the Browning was PRICELESS! When the firefight was over he asked us for a fan picture :) Too bad the 50cal broke down after 15-20minutes of constant firing :P but it got a nice kill count during the time we used it!

Otherwise it must be the Danish miners which were dressed as Arabic people. The time our pickup got taken out they repaired it with music, bouncing the car and lastly chewing gum :D the best part is that I got the repair on film! :D

Igby
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Igby » 04 Jul 2011, 18:30

my abosolute favorite moment was shooting out two medics as they tried to heal the first guy I shoot.
B5-10

Hawkins
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hawkins » 04 Jul 2011, 20:24

Brasse wrote: I go over to the northernmost gravel road, facing north-west and set up my RPK, getting increasingly annoyed by the mosquitoes who although not suck my blood swarm around my head, trying to find a square inch of skin which is not covered by clothing or spray. I try to swat a few with my hand, and after looking up, I see two soldiers in beige uniform sneaking along closely together less than 20 meters in front of me. Not wanting to contribute to the vast amount of friendly fire which the Poldavians had suffered from since day one, I wait until I get a clear view of their armbands. For a moment I thought they were looking straight at me as there was only a thin line of bushes between us, but the KLMK pattern does its job well; they did not notice me at all. Finally, I see their armbands; they're bright blue alright. As my machine-gun mows down the first hostile, the other tries to run away, but to no avail; he is also hit and goes down.

I call contact and my squadmates slowly start to move futher into the woods surrounding the area, but get hit by a hidden hostile. I and some other guys on both sides bleed out eventually, and we start to chat with the dead enemy squadmembers (finno-swedish Rangers, a very friendly bunch). After a while, the same Russians who helped us take the Western Roadblock (or was it the other way around?) come rushing out from the woods, about fifty of them, and finish of the Finnish rangers. Those in our squad who are still alive (3 of them) decide to tag along while the other four of us march home, beaten but proud that we managed to take out 5-6 rangers while "only" losing 4 people while slightly outnumbered.
That was us! 3rd Rangers, A-3. It was nice shooting with you guys that day! It was one of the best moments for our squad as well. Hope to see you again next year.
B9 - B17
The Footsoldier

Rythm
Captain
Captain

Post by Rythm » 04 Jul 2011, 21:28

Sneaking up the northern slope of Speckstaberget on friday morning, setting up an OP for several hours then sneaking down the eastern slope, calling in airstrikes on the red car at the northern VCP and the khaki tent in the southeastern corner. Then sneaking into the base and getting into the khaki tent (wich we tought was the command tent), realizing our mistake and walking to the real command tent we got within two meters when some swiss guys suddenly saw us. Priceless! I walked up on two groups eating lunch and managed to knifekill 5-9 of them before they shot me in the stomach. Good fun!

And the poor Romanian guy we interrogated for warcrimes, he never had a chance the poor bloke. It was straight off to Haag for him.

And the assault on the poldavian VCP north of the UN base on friday was great, lots of running and shouting orders before we finally managed to mop up the last survivors.
6mm.se

B9: UN - Platoon commander
B10: Zansian Black Guards - Platoon commander
B11: Ravens - Company commander/Intel officer
B12: Ravens - 2 in Command
B13: Ikaros - 2iC
B15: Mercs - 2iC
B17: GFM - 2iC
B18: GFM - 2iC

alecu
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by alecu » 04 Jul 2011, 22:24

my best moment this berget, was in tricking that Clan Memeber at the Bank on Thursday morning in giving his Boss to NAF .. Yeah i was the rebel NAF Soldier who wanted to sell guns to the mobsters in Janco :D

LE: and also i can say that the day before when the mayor was arrested, my character was a sneaky son , so that my friend the mayor did not see what was coming .

HEY MAYOR--- i heard that you had some medical issues, i hope you are fine, now, and see you next year.
Last edited by alecu on 04 Jul 2011, 23:00, edited 2 times in total.
B7 - NATO
B8 - NAF 23
B9 - NAF 6th Airborne
B10 - NAF 23rd Infantry Battalion
B11 - Taliban Tea Shop Owner
B12 - Taliban Inc.
--------------------
http://www.progear.ro

Surmuri
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Surmuri » 04 Jul 2011, 22:32

The most hilarious moment was when two guys tried to trade their cellular phones to my friends Barrett.
Those "talking bricks" were very deadly weapons compared to my friends "lousy hunting rifle".
B7 - SRP - Fox3 - Medic
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf, 1st Coy, Fox1 - Support
B9 - Zansian Black Ops (= The Firm), B03 - Medic/Support
B10 - Zansia B1-3
B11 - GCT - SFODU
B12 -

Mayor
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Mayor » 04 Jul 2011, 22:56

Alecu: I´m fine, thanks for the kindness. :) I was bitten by something but was back in the game by lunchtime. To bad, because it´s fun getting tortured. :P
Johan "Mayor" Högberg
B1 Scientist
B7 Mayor
B8 Bat CMD 1:st Poldavian inf.
B9 Village elder, Janco C.
B10 A little of this, a little of that
B11 "Rico", ruthless drug lord
B12 "Rico", ruthless president
B13: LARP coordinator