The BAVS grenades

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

The BAVS grenades

Post by Berget-events » 04 Jul 2011, 08:53

How did they work in the field? (We know they did not fit some launchers, it will be fixed untill next version)
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Mixmaster
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mixmaster » 04 Jul 2011, 10:02

We at Mechanized felt they did work too good ;)

Anyway. It is a fantastic system that you have developed. I think that everyone that had one and pointed it in our direction did manage to take out the car.

The only thing is that it seems to become a inflation of them ingame. Soon every player has a launcher with the capability to take out a armored vehicle. This is not common i real combat situation. 40mm shoud be separated to only take out minor open bunkers etc. So you need a larger one like Carl Gustav to take out armored vehicles and bunkers. It requires more of you to carry around with a large Carl Gustav. So the amount of people in a batallion carrying them will adjust itself.
Alexander Kvale
B3: Squad Leader
B5: Platoon Commander
B6: Company Commander
B9: Battalion Commander
B10: Battalion Commander
President of the The Norwegian Airsoft Association
http://www.NASF.no

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 04 Jul 2011, 10:12

Well, the 40mm ones were indeed weaker (as far as I've understood it) and should really be somewhat on level with how "strong" an 40mm HEDP grenade actually is.

I never saw a 40mm BAVS used in-field so I don't have any feedback on it sadly.
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Panzer [Shepherds]
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Panzer [Shepherds] » 04 Jul 2011, 11:05

We ordered 4 for our platoon but none fitted since we had 1 type launcher only on which they didn't fit :(
[Shepherds] X.O.

B9: NAF 3rd Ranger Bat / A Company / 2nd PLT (ALPHA 2) / 1 IC

www.shepherds-squad.com

JudgementDay
Major
Major

Post by JudgementDay » 04 Jul 2011, 11:22

@ Panzer: Yes, the grenades apparently only fitted the stand-alone launchers. All the barrel-mounted launchers seemed slightly to small for them. It would be great if that could be fixed in the near future.

@ Mixmaster: A_Muller is indeed right - the BAVS grenades were at half the strength that the AT4 launchers were. Still, that meant that for most "normal" cars, one grenade would be enough - which I found reasonable, considering I wouldn't want my civil car hit by one of those and expect it to keep going afterwards, either. Berget Crew also considered some of the larger cars as a sort of "armoured truck" category, so it took them 2 grenade hits (or 1 AT4 hit) to be taken out. Overall I think they did a great job there, and it was well balanced; and since they were pretty expensive even for rental, I don't think there were too many out there, either.

@ BergetCrew: Loved them. I had my Mech Inf platoon outfitted with two of those grenades for self-defense against armoured vehicles, and the truck's commander always had a stand-alone launcher with him. You still had to aim with those things, so it wasn't an automatic hit at all times, and the 30-second-cooldown between shots was reasonable and fair. Performance of both the grenades and the AT launchers dropped considerably in the fog on Friday, but that was to be expected.

So overall, a really nice addition to the game mechanics, and my kudos to the inventor. :D
Been here since B08... :)

[Dragoons]Troll
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by [Dragoons]Troll » 04 Jul 2011, 17:48

For information. there where around 20 Bavs 40mm grenades in play.
Sorry missed B5.

Rhyn0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rhyn0 » 04 Jul 2011, 17:54

My squad pooled our money to be able to get one. as i told BE, they were a bit too expensive, but they gave a good reason, that they are putting money into developing it, so i guess it's ok.

Our dexperience with it.
we used it 5 times( shots)
-2 shots on cars STOPPED on the road 10-13 meters from the grenadier(shooting from slightly up, and some vegetation in the way)- BOTH FAILED TO HIT.
-3 shots on vehicle in the open, stopped, 20 meters from our grenadier: first 2 shots didn't hit, last one was a hit.

In summary:
5 shots taken on stationary vehicles from 10-20 meters and only 1 hit
(our grenadier hit 5/5 in training from 30 meters when he took the grenade from BE).

So still buggy.. but sort of realistic with misfires.. but 1/5 is still bad.
B7- Milo's Tigers, Sq.L
B8- 15th Pold. Psyops, "Bash", Coy Cmdr.
B9- Pold. 3rd, Recon plt. ldr
B10- Pold. Force Recon "Odin's Ravens" Cmmdr
B11- HVIU Operative/Guyana Border Police(Cpt. Garcea)
B12- GCT Rangers-Engineer
B13- GCT Paras Engineer/AT guy
B14- NAF Fathom Grunt/AT guy

Satela
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Satela » 04 Jul 2011, 18:05

Those 40mm grenades were a great addition to the whole BAVS-system. Their role came significant through new rules including that you can't stop even an unamored car with only bb's. Which was a good change, this way we can have somekind on an illusion of APC's.

Our team's grenadier took out 2 armored and 3 unarmored cars during the game.
B7 - B16

Os
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Os » 04 Jul 2011, 18:06

I rented the 40mm bav grenade and it worked good in taking oute enemy cars.
Only problem was that it doesnt fitt the m203. This was solwed whit tape.

Its almoust a must to use the bav system for a good game flow, but some ppl handt read the rules and jump out in front of our car trying to spray loads of bb on the windscreen. That was bad. Nextime this must be clear to all players that bavs is the only way to stop a car.
Berget 6 Nato
Berget 7 nato
Berget 8 Poldavian 1st
Berget 9 Poldavian 1st Mec

madsvg
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by madsvg » 05 Jul 2011, 01:01

Is it possible to get a conversion kit for the grenade so that I might use it in my M72 laucher? (empty RS, not the AS version)

Would've been a nice use for it as I know alot of norwegians atleast have empty tubes and would've liked to have more use for it then just a nick-knack.
Berget 7 - NATO 1st Platoon
Berget 8 - NATO 2nd Platoon
Berget 9 - Poldovia 5th Infantry
Berget 10 - Poldovia 5th Infanty Recon Squad
Berget 11 - Ravens Guerilla
Berget 13 - Ikaros Mechanized, Hermes 3, Balder 4
Berget 16 - NAF Rangers, Bravo 2

wirtannen

Post by wirtannen » 06 Jul 2011, 20:42

I rented one grenade and found out the problem of fitting the nade in the launcher.

This was a issue of the grenade being ~41mm wide trough out the body of the grenade.

Normal airsoft 40mm nades have only a shellcasing part that is ~41mm and the grenade part is ~40mm.

Thats the reason Berget Baws grenades didnt fit some launchers.

Luckily my friend was a grenadier and my baws nade did fit into his launcher.

Those grenades are a great expansion to the baws system and I hope to see them more in coming games.
B9 - Zanzian BlackOps
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf

DeathFromAfar
Newbee
Newbee

Post by DeathFromAfar » 07 Jul 2011, 01:28

My team rented 2 40mm grenades. Worked great! we took out a whole Poldavian convoy with the two of em :D

First one was used in one of those standalone grenade-launchers that BC themselves had to try em in. The other was was used in an underbarrel launcher, and as many of you have said; it didnt fit.
We however solved that by simply putting it in, holding the front part in place with a rubberband. Did it look "true"? not at all. Did it work? perfectly!

Abit expensive yea, but 2 grenades for a team of 6 made it ok. And considering the amount of veichles we killed with em made it worth it all!

Imo it was allmost too easy to hit with them, saw both 2 and 3 veichles being taken out in one shot when they were lined up. Dont think theres much to be done bout this but thats what happened.

With experience from B8 and B9, I must say that Bavs did indeed feel alot more true then a BB shower to the front window. Good work.

Lex
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Lex » 11 Jul 2011, 09:38

suggestion: install BAVS on towers (i mean towers like on UN base). So, that 40mm grenade can blast it.
B7: Orlov's Mercs, 1st Russian coy, 1st platoon, 1st squad
B8: 1st Poldavian batalion, 3rd Russian coy, 1st platoon, 4th squad
B9: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers, 1st Russian coy, 2nd platoon, 3rd squad
B10: ****, * Russian coy, * platoon, * squad

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 11 Jul 2011, 10:19

I think the BAVS 40mm Grenade is a great asset to berget games and i do like that it has slightly weaker effect than its big brother the AT4 that brings moore balance to the game.

only thing is that it was very costly, so i did not rent one but it gives an interesting concept to a moore extensive use of Grenade launchers on airsoft guns.
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech