THE GRAND GENERAL FEEDBACK THREAD!

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
DutchWolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by DutchWolf » 05 Jul 2011, 02:48

Can't we get a couple of LARP'ers to play (embedded) combat journalists :?:

I mean, the small bits and pieces I picked up from the commanders and radio chatter, the story sounds really interesting so it's such a waste that we miss 80% of it...
B09 - NAF - 6th Airborne - FOX4
B10 - NAF - 23rd Infantry - FOX2.1 Radio Operator

HORNET
Corporal
Corporal

Re: ...

Post by HORNET » 05 Jul 2011, 02:57

TOILETS
Have them cleaned and sanitized every day!!! We had many people with diarrhoea that spaded fast in the camp.
Berget- 6 NATO / Fox Coy / Fox-4 Squad Leader
Berget- 7 NATO / Fox Coy / Fox-4 Platoon Leader
Berget- 8 NAF23 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander
Berget- 9 NAF6 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander
Berget-10 NAF23 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander

Redmenace_tv
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Redmenace_tv » 05 Jul 2011, 08:26

Had a great time, will post more info from the point of NAF mechanical later but at the moment I'm stuck sleeping at gothenburg airport as a delayed train made me miss my flight.
(TOM)
Berget 8 - NAF 5th Staff Officer
Berget 9 - 2IC NAF 1st Mech battalion
Berget 10 -2IC NAF 23rd Inf Battalion
Berget 11 -AWOL
Berget 12 - AWOL
Berget 13 - ?

Buffel
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Buffel » 05 Jul 2011, 08:48

HORNET wrote:TOILETS
Have them cleaned and sanitized every day!!! We had many people with diarrhoea that spaded fast in the camp.
You do realize that is probably more due to personal hygiene than due to the state of the toilets, right? Wash properly after using toilets etc?
Strike 1 for wildlife: Cape Buffalo are said to have killed more big game hunters than any other animal :D

Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers

HORNET
Corporal
Corporal

Post by HORNET » 05 Jul 2011, 11:13

Buffel wrote:
HORNET wrote:TOILETS
You do realize that is probably more due to personal hygiene than due to the state of the toilets, right? Wash properly after using toilets etc?
Yes, and no. Of course personal hygiene is very important, but toilets full of shit almost to the top in the hot weather for days, is a incubator for diseases. Not to mention how disgusting is to stay in them.

We had the toilets cleaned only once during the game, It had to be done every day!
Berget- 6 NATO / Fox Coy / Fox-4 Squad Leader
Berget- 7 NATO / Fox Coy / Fox-4 Platoon Leader
Berget- 8 NAF23 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander
Berget- 9 NAF6 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander
Berget-10 NAF23 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander

Rainer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rainer » 05 Jul 2011, 11:47

munkki wrote:Peoples in cars did not realize than when some one shoots car with BAVS They'll all so die. After this we had to spray them until there was no more in coming fire and many dead peoples in side cars got sprayed..

Yes and, unload your cars 500meters before enemy.. You will live longer =)

When shooting artillery. Game masters should shoot it from distance (100m or so) and another game master would come to correct area and point dead peoples. Now when you see man driving to you with 4x4 with rockets, you can say for sure than there is in 5min artillery attack and take cover.
We where canon feed for that entire day.
Driving into a certain death each time.
We followed our orders and drove where ever our commander wanted.
It seems that we where deployed for NAF's amusment and ee figured that was ok. You guys in the fortified position totally fucked us up, time after time.
Good action never the less.
See you next year.
Rainer

B9: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B10: Pol 5th infantry
B11: Missed it
B12 :PMC 3rd Crowbar

In war, truth is the first casualty.

kyosuke
Corporal
Corporal

Post by kyosuke » 05 Jul 2011, 12:32

DutchWolf wrote:Can't we get a couple of LARP'ers to play (embedded) combat journalists :?:

I mean, the small bits and pieces I picked up from the commanders and radio chatter, the story sounds really interesting so it's such a waste that we miss 80% of it...
Actually i talked to my mates during off times that i am doing this next year.

Larp a journalist with film camera and report live from firefights, intervju commanders and soldiers and make lots of pictures/film but how the civilians where treated this game i doupt it will work, i show up to make a report and get shot by some grunt cause he wants to stack kills just isnt tempting. I cant bring bodyguards or be armed either cause then i would be a threath.
Berget 9, Poldavian 320th Artillery; medic
Berget 10, Poldovian 15'th sappers; Heavy support medic.

Red ones go faster, thats why i use red bullets.

Splinter-B
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Splinter-B » 05 Jul 2011, 12:44

Wear a vest with PRESS written on it with big letters in front and back.
Nobody will shoot the one who provides him with his 5 minutes of fame on TV :P
B9 - NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
-------------------------------------
www.adventuregear.gr

kyosuke
Corporal
Corporal

Post by kyosuke » 05 Jul 2011, 13:04

Splinter-B wrote:Wear a vest with PRESS written on it with big letters in front and back.
Nobody will shoot the one who provides him with his 5 minutes of fame on TV :P
That was the plan, could use a camera man though XD

Buffel
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Buffel » 05 Jul 2011, 14:21

And see if you can get something rigged up to protect the lense at least?
Strike 1 for wildlife: Cape Buffalo are said to have killed more big game hunters than any other animal :D

Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers

kyosuke
Corporal
Corporal

Post by kyosuke » 05 Jul 2011, 14:47

Buffel wrote:And see if you can get something rigged up to protect the lense at least?
My first idea was plexi glass but after hearing what a rifle did to the car window at 10 meters and not particulary uppgraded i think i haft to look for something like a camera film case or the likes

Ideas and input are welcome

Jason
Private
Private

Post by Jason » 05 Jul 2011, 15:38

Here's some ideas for the BE to consider:
===
- Giving the players the option to pay for armbands and get them on site. I think this isn't that big of a problem usually, but I would prefer paying for a nice and sturdy armband and a matching velcro player-id - tag on it. These could also include a rfid-tag for reading the playerinfo, chrono-results, respawns etc (but is perhaps too hi-fi for this?).

- Getting a piknik - tent for the beerparty in case of a rain. There could be some chairs and tables too. It would also gather the people nicely in to a one place instead of many small separate groups.

- Next year it could be so that there's more than two factions at war against each others. That should give the game more diplomacy, but could also end up to a total disaster...

- Let everyone get a feeling of Janco. The city with the LARP'ing was the reason that separates Berget from the milsim - scenarios in a good way. LARP is something that gave (at least to me) more depth to the game and gave the endless possibilities to interact with players.
- B9: The Firm / Zansians, Lima-squad, 2IC
- B10: The Zansian Black Guard, G3, 2IC
- B15: UPIR Shadows
- B17: GFM Scorpions, Zulu PC

S.R.A.P.E - At your six!

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Jul 2011, 15:48

Even more factions than what already existed would just make for a big mess.
Politics should never be up to commanders but politicians.
I feel that it's a good initiative to force factions to buy things such as BAVS refills at some location, but highly unrealistic as nation's force would already have access to ordenance and ammo, there should surely be a way to solve it differently (such convoy protection for more ordenance, etc.).
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 05 Jul 2011, 16:13

Jason wrote:- Next year it could be so that there's more than two factions at war against each others. That should give the game more diplomacy, but could also end up to a total disaster...
They did that at Berget 6 and 7, and IMHO it ended up kinda messy.
I prefer 2 sides, with a smaller third side as a balancer, kinda like what UN was this year (they go to the side with the fewest players).
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mr Black » 05 Jul 2011, 17:21

I guess BE have already realised this. But no matter how poor your oponents tactics are you should not be able to fire the AT-4 "through" three vehicles.

IMO there were to few roads in the game area. A lot of vehicle movement had to be done through areas with a lot of off game civilians. You were also exposed for "off game" enemy players at the parking lot that picked up their cell phone and startet dialing as soon as you drove passed them.

I prefered the Sollefteå game area.

I believe it is very important that we all take care of our own trash. Just because they´ve built a road there earlier does not justify us spreading all our trash around. BE shouldn´t have to place out trashcans everywhere, but it might help if they placed out a few more next time.

And this is just a thought about the scenario for next year. Since the Poldavians invaded the UN base the factions next year should be like 80% NATO and 20% Poldavians. That is if you want to have some milsim in the scenario. ;)
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B8 NAF 5th Infantry, Plt leader Echo Delta
B9 NAF 1st Mech Inf Btn, Coy CO Cobra 1
B10 NAF 2nd Mech Inf Btn, 2iC
B11 UA17 (Captain Black)
B12 Civilian (Jim Tom Mudwater)