Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

THE GRAND GENERAL FEEDBACK THREAD!

Post by Berget-events » 04 Jul 2011, 09:00

Write your general feedback and ideas for next year here:

NOTE!!!
Please do not flame this one with --- SPAM !!! --- did not take their hits etc. We know for fact that this happens each game and we have been working on a "Bad player" database based on armband numbers and reports.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

spin_t
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by spin_t » 04 Jul 2011, 10:10

Hi number of newbees ,and i'm not talking about Berget newbees,but Airsoft newbees.
To see young guys joining the Airsoft comunity is great,but jumping straight into a big event might not be the best idea as beginner.
Probably this is one of the reasons for so many incidents regarding taking hits or respecting the rules in general.
I had people who realy did not have the slightless idea what to do when they heared "take cover", "secure the area",etc
In a confrontation with NAF i ordered to few guys to retreat 50 meters then take the flank of the attackers : they get back 150 meters and stay into the forest until the battle was over and i had to look for them into the forest for 20 minutes....
Not to mention,leading the attack,i was shot two times by my own guys :))

Regarding all the players in general,because Berget has become such a great mith,the "holly grail" of the european airsoft,some people r so desperate to be the heroes,the one who kill 10 enemies with a single bb jumping from helmet to helmet...for this guys is hard to take a hit,or to respect the game itself or other players.

And was incredible for me to see people from opposite sides talking and laughing together at the check in at the beggining and after few hours cursing each other and be ready to start fighting for good because of a not taken hit .
People,we r coming to Berget as airsofters for a nice game,not as Poldavians and NAF ready to kill each other for good !
Looks like propaganda has worked too good this year :))
B 8 Poldavian 1-st Bat.
B 9 Poldavian 320th Art Comm
B10 Poldavian 15-th
B11 troop carrier betwen BRaven base and front line :)
B12 Raven Mech

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 04 Jul 2011, 10:19

To be quite honest people need to understand english when attending international events. At one point a couple of russians we're ready (started to get physical) to jump me and my pals for a misunderstanding on their part (I went off-game to take a guy's armband number and they didn't understand what I did and thought I went back on game afterwards). Luckily a Swedish guy was found later on that I could talk to and he then managed to calm them down and say that the situation was ok (somehow, dunno how).

I would also like to know what happens when a player is reported for cheating, I heard that Berget Crew are too easy on blatant cheaters, and don't even follow up on the reports all the time.

I love it that the game is growing, but I'd rather lose 15 good players since their 1 blatant cheater can no longer attend the games than see him cheat in game (I don't care what side he's playing for).

One other solution is to have more trustees in-game that has a special Berget vest to toss on and act almost like a game master if needed. I do realize that these must be people you know to be honest players, but I'd rather have more of them out there and risk that they'll accidentally tell me to take a hit once too often than see 10 people not taking hits.
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Panzer [Shepherds]
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Panzer [Shepherds] » 04 Jul 2011, 11:08

One thing: make chroning MANDATORY. The things I've seen from impacts are ridiculous and the funny thing is, everyone seemed to know where it was coming from...If so, prevent it and chrone the weapons.
Last edited by Panzer [Shepherds] on 04 Jul 2011, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
[Shepherds] X.O.

B9: NAF 3rd Ranger Bat / A Company / 2nd PLT (ALPHA 2) / 1 IC

www.shepherds-squad.com

kyosuke
Corporal
Corporal

Post by kyosuke » 04 Jul 2011, 12:01

about the chroning yes!
me and some other found a metal sign that bb's had punched through out in the woods....
Berget 9, Poldavian 320th Artillery; medic
Berget 10, Poldovian 15'th sappers; Heavy support medic.

Red ones go faster, thats why i use red bullets.

JudgementDay
Major
Major

Post by JudgementDay » 04 Jul 2011, 12:04

Yeah, the chroning seems to be a general issue, although I have to admit the perception of how powerful a gun is can be a subjective thing. At one point a burst of BBs punched through the plexi-glas side window of the vehicle I was riding in, and hit me on the inside, leaving holes (in the window, not in me) that I thought impossible from the distance the shooter must have been standing. When things had calmed down a little, we tested it out, so I took my own gun - which was chroned as class 3 (semi-auto sniper rifle) - walked to the estimated distance, and gave a few shots at the same window. I didn't expect them to go through, but they did.

Still, since the most complaints I heard from fellow players was on BBs coming in full-auto bursts from long distances and still going through bushes and shredding the bark off smaller trees, I think chroning is the top issues. Maybe having game masters carry some chronos with them to do in-field testing might help with the issue.

@ A_Muller: There are a number of in-game trustees already. As far as I know, each Batallion commander in NAF and a number of additional players on NAF side were given those "Berget trustee" ID cards, so they could take them out and do exactly what you mentioned. It would of course be great to have more of those, but as you said yourself already, it has to be people who can be entrusted with this position, so the number is growing slowly with the players that keep returning and returning and slowly grow into trusted veterans.
Been here since B08... :)

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 04 Jul 2011, 12:12

I know there are, but apparently not enough since I only saw one who actually ripped out his berget jacket in a uncertain scenario.
All COs and NCOs should, in my opinion, be given the ability to report cheaters at the very minimum.

Toetach
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Toetach » 04 Jul 2011, 12:52

Feedback on the berget crew:
Great job on organising the event. Many people don't realise the amount of work that comes with organising an event on this scale.
Dixies were good, drinking water was great the only thing was that there was no water on sunday morning after the beer party. Although I understand that there is a tight scedual to get the area clear water and toilets should be the last things to leave.

But again, Berget events: Great job, and thanx for the effort!!

Feedback on the game:
This year I had real great moments (especialy in the last moments of the game when we attacked the Zansian Black Ops with just three guys from the mountain side :D) but also a view moments of agony.
The information from poldavian command was not rolled down the ladder to us grunts so we often didn't know what was going on. I also had the impression that the poldavian army elements were more of small independent armies instead of an organised single force but offcourse I am not able to fully judge that not being an officer.

There were times we took a tactical position to observe and a group of other poldavians came in loudly screaming got in line formation and started sweeping the area sometimes including us, their poldavian brethren! :evil: :shock: Anyhow I had a fun time and there is always something to complain. :D
Berget 8: 3th Poldavian mountaineers
-Kicked NAF butt...-
Berget 9 3th Poldavian mountaineers.

Hypokondrikern
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Hypokondrikern » 04 Jul 2011, 13:24

I have been to two Berget Events now and last year all the fun was located in the outer parts of Sollefteå, a game area that set the standard for a good Berget game for me.
This year moving back to Härnösand I was somehow disappointed with the layout of the game area. Sollefteå was all cleared of civilian activity and had a better setup of roads and bases which made it a whole lot more interesting. While moving from one base to another when launching an attack in Sollefteå we could chose from 2-3 directions to come from when attacking directly from the road and with the forest relatively easy to traverse it made the game more diverse in its battlefields. In Härnösand things were more strict and battles took place in the same place over and over again. This because of the fact that all roads weren't integrated with each other like in Sollefteå and therefore every time you launched and attack or walked back to safe/base camp you hade to move on civilian road and through the outskirts of Härnösand. You often meet vehicles from the opposing side here and it was hard to tell whether this was game area or not. What if a fire fight started in middle of the road and bicyclists and cars were caught in the middle of it? Accidents were almost bound to happen with military vehicles crammed full with soldiers rushing from point A to point B on the civilian road. I just think that the security and feeling was lacking in the game area and I am considering giving Berget a miss if it is located in Härnösand next year.

Another thing that bothered me was how much we --- SPAM !!! --- up the whole area during the game trash is left in the forest and I even saw a guy dumping plastic bags and leftovers with no one questioning him. More care should be taken to preserve this area that we have been given to play around in. Another step towards that should be requiring the use of environmentally friendly BBs. The don't cost much more but make a huge difference for the forest and nature.
Berget 18: red
Berget 17: red
Berget 16: red
Berget 15: UPIR Infantry // Medic.
Berget 13: Minerva Infantry
Berget 12: Orlow's Mercenaries
Berget 11: UA17 // Squadleader.
Berget 10: Poldavian PSYOPS
Berget 9: Poldavian Artillery
Berget 8: 5th NAF // Medic.

Buffel
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Buffel » 04 Jul 2011, 13:30

Another step towards that should be requiring the use of environmentally friendly BBs. The don't cost much more but make a huge difference for the forest and nature.
/signed. I was very surprised the Berget issued BBs were non-bio BBs.
Strike 1 for wildlife: Cape Buffalo are said to have killed more big game hunters than any other animal :D

Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 04 Jul 2011, 13:35

Well, the Harnösand area is a more diverse and challenging terrain than Sollefteå and better suited for infantry movements, but IMO no good for vehicles (the reason why I left mine at home this year). Harnösand has better infrastructure to support visitors. For scenery and memorable advantures I prefer the latter.

As for the enviromental damage that newly built road through the forest beats anything we did to nature at B9...

High quality bio-BBs are cheap (we use G&G .25 and .28s for a long time), I don't understand why bio-BBs are not mandatory at BE (excepts for snipers).
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL

Buffel
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Buffel » 04 Jul 2011, 13:38

This was my first Berget so I can't compare with other terrain. I can certainly see how the terrain was fairly unfriendly to vehicles. But I must say I really enjoyed playing in such a diverse and beautiful location. I really enjoyed the challenge posed by the terrain itself to infantry operations, and hope future terrains will offer similar diversity and challenges.

Getting stunning views while playing airsoft: priceless.
Strike 1 for wildlife: Cape Buffalo are said to have killed more big game hunters than any other animal :D

Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers

Cuby
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Cuby » 04 Jul 2011, 15:12

This was my first berget, and I must say that I was no where prepared for how the terrain was. Friday afternoon my feets where crying for rest :lol:

The game in general was excellent, but as some has pointed out already the chronoing is the most challenging part. I took a few hits to the head on 2 occations from rifles near the limit for their class, from within 10 meters. That hurt, but luckily no bleeding wounds.

Also.. Bio degradable bullets would've been better in my opinion. This many players spewing out regular plastic is a big problem for the enviroment. Bio degradable bullets takes up to 10 years before they are completely gone. Imagine how it is with regular bullets. Snipers and pistols should however be allowed with regular bullets

Another ting that could be a good idea, is to "force" players to buy their bullets in safezone to avoid the metal/bioval glas bullets to be put into play. It's hard to check if people bring them or not, but it should make it alittle easier atleast.

Also. Put up garbage bags near the bunkers and other fixed possitions so people can dump their garbage there instead of in the forest
B9: NAF 6th Airborne Infantry Battalion, Dingo Company, Dingo Recon
B10: Held back from game cause of work :'(

Fenan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Fenan » 04 Jul 2011, 16:15

copy paste of last's years feedback in BOLD

Cons
* check in crew knew nothing of what you should do
when you was ready in-checked ( NOT fixed in B8 )
FIXED this year!
* My tent place was taken when I arrived and nobody could tell me where I should live in the tent area.
* Water tank placement was very bad this year. Mabye put the tanks up on SJ-pallar instead of sand and soil. It gets very moddy.
* Toilets were emptied to few times.

Pros
A bigger Janco City. Real nice to see the B7 buildings again!
Very great food (i.e. hamburgers)
Good to be back - though I missed the Sollefteå area.
B7 - Milos Tigers, Siberia Coy
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers, 4th platoon, alpha squad
B9 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers, 6th platoon, 3rd/4th squad
B13 - Ikaros Infantery, 4th company, 4th "platoon"
B14 - Nordic Alliance Force

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 04 Jul 2011, 16:26

Cuby wrote:Another ting that could be a good idea, is to "force" players to buy their bullets in safezone to avoid the metal/bioval glas bullets to be put into play. It's hard to check if people bring them or not, but it should make it alittle easier atleast.
A horrible idea IMO, certain hop ups clog with certin types of ammo, the same goes for mags jamming with certain BBs as well as some guns actually splintering the BBs if they're of the wrong kind.