THE GRAND GENERAL FEEDBACK THREAD!

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 06 Jul 2011, 02:37

Well yeah, we might be technically on the same side, but Zansian victory is not a NAF victory.
Berget 9 - Zansian Black Ops, J10 Medic, The Firm.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 06 Jul 2011, 02:41

Well whose victory it is is, IMHO, quite irrelevant.
I still don't know who "won" Berget 9 :)
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Ukkosleka
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Ukkosleka » 06 Jul 2011, 02:56

Its hard to win the game when the teams have different goals.

The Zansians got what they came for. Apparently so did the Poldavians. So we open the debate "My black box is cooler than your laser". :lol:

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 06 Jul 2011, 10:09

WHO WON B9 ?

Berget is not an event you are having to win ! It does not go for winning a war, the spirit of the game is playing the game. It is like a chess game that nobody can win but having fun in solving challenges.
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B7 Batallion CO Milo´s Tigers
B8 Batallion CO NAF 5th Infantry
B9. Batallion CO NAF 1st Mech
B10 R&R
B11 lets see
War is the continuation of politics by other means. (Klausewitz)

Redmenace_tv
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Redmenace_tv » 06 Jul 2011, 10:57

+1 on Ober-lix's comment, as i am still not home i don't have time to write a massive account of my activities but i can say as one of the command staff in the NAF that we did everything we could to cooperate with our fellow units, I'm sure blackwolf and KVS were sick of me hanging around their HQ's by the end of the game as i did everything in my power to try to get the NAF functioning as a complete unit rather than as three seperate units. as to the Zansians? they may have be on the BE website as on the NAF side and they might have had a common enemy with the poldovians, but from a HQ point of view we had little contact with them and no operational planning togethter.
(TOM)
Berget 8 - NAF 5th Staff Officer
Berget 9 - 2IC NAF 1st Mech battalion
Berget 10 -2IC NAF 23rd Inf Battalion
Berget 11 -AWOL
Berget 12 - AWOL
Berget 13 - ?

Mrfoss
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mrfoss » 06 Jul 2011, 11:31

I figured out Zansians, after some days of fighting. Well at least The firm = zan. This since half the camp was talking about the finish where firm this year and half saying they where Zansians. As i was captured in the naf base i talked with some infantry and got the impression they felt they where loosing the fights. I could not understand that(did not say anything to the naf inf.) since Zansir had the day before kicked our asses two times in our own back yard. We had been fighting them for four hours straight yesterday. I was in mec, and first they captured the Eastern road block and used The firm civs to scouted out our forces (also a reason why pols where so distrusting of Civilians). Then after cars had re spawned we tried to recapture and where again driven off after some heavy fighting. Great fun zanzir! Apart from some bad apples (immortals) i have great respect for your skill in fighting. Both on attack and defense.

I have basicly been killed 90% of the time by Zansians and UN airstrikes during berget 9.
Member of SCAK
B8: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B9: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B10: Pol 5th infantry
B11: Ravens Guerilla Delta Plt
B12: GCT infantry

soderstr
Private
Private

Post by soderstr » 06 Jul 2011, 12:34

Armalite5.56 wrote:
Touko wrote:
Armalite5.56 wrote:...we got lost so many times due to people not being able to read where they were accurately and the compasses not working properly.. I could tell where south was by the ant hills and the sun and time but still my compass was not pointing to north as far as I could tell.. luckily a couple of guys had garmin gps's with logged points. Without them I think we would have walked all the way around the island..
Just a thought... I once took a kilometers detour in hard terrain because I checked my compass too near to my AEG:s strong motor (Systema Magnum). Some of the stronger motors seriously interfere with compasses. Not making that mistake again, thats for sure ;)
I put my compass flat on the ground and walked away from it.. (I have a systema PTW) and it still was not right. Then on Friday evening when me and one guy from my squad were walking back and took the direct route from the cross roads and climbed over the mountain to get home we met a group of in game civilians walking about with what looked like pick axes who told us that the compasses don't work due to the iron content of the mountain.. I can't really comment on that except to say it sort of sounds plausible..
When we trying to find the NAF base on Wednesday evening to scout it, I noticed that the cliffs were throwing the needle a bit here and there. I mostly used the contours for orienteering to avoid any problems.

Basically, in that kind of terrain one should take directional pointers (a tree, a cliff, etc.) from further away. Also, one should check the direction once in a while to average out the effect on possibly magnetic rocks.
B9: The Firm/Zansian Black Ops, Charlie
B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion, Bravo
B11: GCT SFODU, Victor
B12: Orlov Mercs, Infantry, Alpha
B13: GCT Sappers & Engineers, 1st Platoon
B14: NAF, Infantry, Bravo
B15: NAF, Mechanized, FinBat, Lynx 1

mc205
Private
Private

Post by mc205 » 06 Jul 2011, 13:53

Ober-Lix wrote:WHO WON B9 ?

Berget is not an event you are having to win ! It does not go for winning a war, the spirit of the game is playing the game. It is like a chess game that nobody can win but having fun in solving challenges.
+1

Doc

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 06 Jul 2011, 14:25

I have been asked the "who won?" question several times since the game ended, and I have said the same thing every time. "I dont know" as it is not important. As long as players had fun, and Berget feels we have done a good job, the game is a win!
I will write a report from the view of the 3rd poldavia, to give all players a overview of what we did.
"go to your God like a soldier!"

parresurre1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

What about the very of balanced to airstrikes and artillery

Post by parresurre1 » 06 Jul 2011, 14:49

What about the badly balanced asset to airstrikes and artillery?

Given that the NAF almost were outnumbered 2/1 on top of that we also had much less artillery and Airstrikes. Very strange in my opinion. Can anyone explain the thought behind that?

NAF Airborne

Artillery: Yes
Air support: Yes
Tanks/armoured vehicles: no

NAF Mechanized
Artillery: no
Air support: no
Tanks/armoured vehicles: yes

NAF 3rd Rangers

Poldavian Infantry

De Oppresso Liber

Mr.Ghost
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Mr.Ghost » 06 Jul 2011, 15:45

I won :D Because i've got my fun. B9 was a nice game :D

diamid
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by diamid » 06 Jul 2011, 16:12

Mr.Ghost wrote:
I won :D Because i've got my fun. B9 was a nice game :D
+1

Mr.Ghost has the right spirit. The winner of the game is the ones that have the most fun!

But, I think more people can have even more fun if we can break down on the cheaters.

And a Q to Berget Crew if they see this.

I do not remember, so don't kill me if I'm asking something allready in affect. I guess from all these feedback treads that Berget crew reads them and comes up with their Lessons Learned (LL) and Pron and Cons.

What I would like to see, is that when Berget Crew have made their LL and pro/cons. That theyt could make a press release on the forum, where they can tell us what their outcome of the prosses was, and what they would like to change. I think many times, that even with the best of intents, new products and idees put to play can become messy. I think if Berget Crew comes with their LL list and new idees, there are many Berget-Event Veterans that could comment and help the prosses.
diamid
Proud member of 6MM
Email: diamid@6mm.se

B7: SF Sqd Leader - Yuri Orlovs Mercs
B8: CoyLeader - Sixth Mercs
B11: Batalion XO - Raven Guerillia
B13: Commander - IKAROS Minerva Infantry

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Re: What about the very of balanced to airstrikes and artil

Post by Panzergraf » 06 Jul 2011, 16:21

parresurre1 wrote:What about the badly balanced asset to airstrikes and artillery?

Given that the NAF almost were outnumbered 2/1 on top of that we also had much less artillery and Airstrikes. Very strange in my opinion. Can anyone explain the thought behind that?
All our artillery was from the 320th Poldavian Artillery, which had very limited range. Air strikes were never available as far as I know.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Re: What about the very of balanced to airstrikes and artil

Post by Waldo » 06 Jul 2011, 16:21

parresurre1 wrote:What about the badly balanced asset to airstrikes and artillery?

NAF Airborne

NAF Mechanized
Tanks/armoured vehicles: yes

NAF 3rd Rangers

Poldavian Infantry

Please correct me if I'm wrong but you had offmap artillery. we needed to move our guns into position and so on. Our unit only did 7 Artillerystrikes, so this is waaaaay less than the airstrikes on our base, or the ongoing NAF artilleriestrikes near Janco at the last day, so Poldavia had more of a disatvantage in arty matters.
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 06 Jul 2011, 16:35

We had both also, but I will not say that art changed a lot. My unit called in art 2 times during the whole game. During the last day, NAF called in at least 10 strikes on mine and cooperating units that I was near.....
"go to your God like a soldier!"