Berget 9 Newspaper Article

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Panzergraf
Major
Major

Berget 9 Newspaper Article

Post by Panzergraf » 05 Jul 2011, 16:15

I remember there was an article about Berget 9 in one of the local papers, but I haven't been able to find it on the net.
I've only found this little bit http://allehanda.se/start/harnosand/1.3 ... akar-igang
But the one I'm thinking of was a large 2-page article with more pics.

Does anyone have a scan of this?
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Robin-Hood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Robin-Hood » 05 Jul 2011, 17:38

I was interviewed for this, hopefully I represented us airsofters well. If I can find the full article I'll put a link or something.

Armalite5.56
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Armalite5.56 » 05 Jul 2011, 20:18

My friend who interviewed me and robin-hood for the article should be emailing it to me and I'll see if I'm allowed to post it up somewhere in PDF format.

Looks like for copyright reasons that wont be possible unless the paper itself posts it online.. sorry guys.
Last edited by Armalite5.56 on 06 Jul 2011, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Jul 2011, 21:10

English translation:
Anneli Enqvist, allehanda.se/ wrote:The wargames starts

Tonight is the start for this year's Berget Event in Härnösand. 1600 players from all around the world are simulating war with airsoft guns focused on a downed satelite.

This airsoft game starts now with 1600 players from 40 countries. It's the 9th time that Berget Events are hosting these wargames in the Ångermanländska forests. Last year they tried a change of environment and hosted the event in Sollefreå but are now back in their hometown, Härnösand, again.

- We are all grown up here in Härnösand and thus it's here we've got a large contact network so it's of course so much easier to host the event here in town, says AnnaCarin Löfgren, who is the press officer for Berget Events.

Last year Berget Events received complaints and critisism from several sources. Amongst other things due to the fact that the game supposedly interrupted the local wildlife as well as the fact that the cleanup didn't go as well as planned. AnnaCarin Löfgren believes that such should not be the case this year.

- All participants signs an agreement where all terms and conditions are clearly stated and we will also do as best as we can to ensure that everybody is aware of, and respects the rules and laws that applies. And of course there's the matter of picking upp your own trash.
The airsoft BBs are broken down on their own by nature over time.

The wargame Berget 9 takes place between the 29th of June and the 2nd of July in Specksta and the lower part of Vårdkasen on Härnön.
Härnösand's Dogclub is the main safe zone where players can turn to for questions and take a breather from the game.
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Armalite5.56
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Armalite5.56 » 06 Jul 2011, 15:14

http://allehanda.se/start/harnosand/1.3 ... rigsstigen My friend Erik came through for us and posted it online!! It's me and robin-hood whom he interviewed. Enjoy folks! Oh and if someone feels like doing a translation then that would be nice as I can't as I'm working..

MrMedic
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by MrMedic » 06 Jul 2011, 17:02

__________________Play Hard - Play Safe - Play Fair__________________
- B6 Merc - B7 Merc - B8 Merc - B9 UN - B10 ZBG - B11 Merc- B12 Merc-
____________________________6mm.se____________________________

Robin-Hood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Robin-Hood » 06 Jul 2011, 17:10

Doesn't make much sense translated. Plus the translations make our quotes completely different.