When you understood that Firm and Zansians were same group?

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Touko
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Touko » 06 Jul 2011, 08:30

Rhyn0 wrote:" we have mandate from UN , we are looking to find trade routes""
( yeah right 35 heavily armed guys agressively scouting 1 km from our base :D)
me:
"i apologise for the misunderstanding, but this is Poldavian soil, we are the Poldavian army, there is no higher authority.. you are approaching poldavian base of operations restricted zone, turn back or you will be shot"

This exchange went on for 5-10 minutes, and i was sure you guys were about to blow my head off, but i counted on you not knowing how many we were, and having so many wounded allready, and not wanting to blow your cover so i pushed and held my ground and finally your guys turned back.
Thanks for the scene, Rhyn0! I was the guy doing most of the talking on the road... We had to come up with most of our bullshit excuses on the spot, and I was sure I would end up being the 1st casualty. I felt like a hostage there on the road ;)

Also: because of your ambush, we had to take a lot longer route to the Old Graveyard through hard terrain. This resulted in us using most of our water, and since this mission took something like 12-14 hours, some of our guys ran out of water... Oh well, no plan survives the first contact with the enemy ;)
B7 - SRP / Tiger Coy / "Hammer" Plt / 2nd Sqd
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf Batt / 1st Coy / 3rd "Hammer" Plt Ldr
B9 - The Firm / Zanzian Black Ops "N02"
B10 - Zansia / 2nd Coy / Echo Plt Ldr E9

Freak[Shepherds]
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Freak[Shepherds] » 06 Jul 2011, 10:07

Karko wrote:Any NAF players here who remember taking 11 "civilian miners" as prisoners behind the NAF base at wednesday night?

Our orders were to take away all battle gear and guns and dress up as civilians, come up with a cover story (= Miners) and act like ones. Then find NAF base and gather intel about it. After we found it, we got taken as prisoners and put to sit in the field with our hands behind our backs while being searched.

Gave us a good laugh afterwards cause one NAF soldier had told his Battalion Commander "Something stinks" when they found a batt. radio on our squad leader/boss. Also one of our soldiers had forgotten a glock17 magazine on him but luckily wasnt found on the search. You guys sure suspected something was weird but let us go. ;)
Aaaaarghhh!!! I knew it i knew it!!!! I told my plt leader that it was so weird to have miners near our base, and when my fellow teammate found that radio something really was fishy!!!

Very good job at "acting" guys! That was a great expierence for me! :) Thanx alot!

Freak, 3rd Ranger, A2

Hawkins
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hawkins » 06 Jul 2011, 11:06

soderstr wrote:Outokumpu mining company was just something we thought on the way to your base (it's actually a real Finnish mining company).

We had one guy's aluminum weapon case as sample bag and filled some plastic bags with samples on the way. It was actually great fun to just RP without weapons.

We were as surprised as the NAF guards when the artillery strike hit the NAF base just as the guards were questioning us. The coincidence made us seem very suspicious.
Indeed it is. I'm always suspicious of Finns in the game. I know how we can be. :D Good moment it was. Glad to have had you guys at our base that evening.
B9 - B17
The Footsoldier

Mrfoss
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mrfoss » 06 Jul 2011, 11:50

Rectunator wrote:I wonder how many Poldavians in the mech/inf/arty realised that the "NAF" blowing them up time and time again on thursday near the eastern roadblock and plateau were actually Zansian operatives disguised as NAF Rangers and such. We fought there from midday 'till two in the night.
I was in First pol Mec 1.1 the (Gelandeswagen group + one pickup) Had some great fights that day with you zans

Thats when i started to understand something. I was told by one of you that you where ranger and infantry when i asked if you where zans. But the uniform loked like the zans i had encountered before. So i assumed you where trying to be secretive. Then later a recon said the firm was everywhere in the same zone i said zans where. Together with the fact that he claimed that the firm was full of finish too made me understand the link.

Then i knew, but neglected to tell HQ since I had no idea what they where up to or if that was important to there operation. Lack of info down to the soldiers was a big problem if you ask me. We basicly just completed our missions and where none the wiser.

BTW we came back for revenge that day at about 1:30 at night, was it zanzir that left in the transports? We came down the mountain and attacked from the real bunker where the road divides into one going to eastern road block and the other heading down/up to graveyard and plateau.
Member of SCAK
B8: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B9: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B10: Pol 5th infantry
B11: Ravens Guerilla Delta Plt
B12: GCT infantry

JKangas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JKangas » 06 Jul 2011, 12:12

Mrfoss wrote:BTW we came back for revenge that day at about 1:30 at night, was it zanzir that left in the transports? We came down the mountain and attacked from the real bunker where the road divides into one going to eastern road block and the other heading down/up to graveyard and plateau.
I believe so. We (K + J -teams) had a desperate last stand defence of the road north from crossroads after hearing that most of the Zansian folks had already left/been eliminated. I think we were the last to leave after doing an hour or so of guerilla ambushes in the dark forest.

Mind you, there was a large amount of NAF forces also at the crossroads while we left.
B8: 1st Poldavian, 1st Coy, Fox Sq. 3
B9: The Firm, Zansian Sq. K, Pizza Delivery Guy
B10: Zansian 1st Coy, Alpha Pl, 1st Sq.
B11: Raven Guerilla Mursu Coy, Alpha Pl, Alpha Sq.
B13: Ikaros Mursu Coy, 1st Pl, 1st Sq. "Front Squat - Etukyykky"
B15: NAF FINBAT Air Cav, Fox 3 Pl.

Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 06 Jul 2011, 19:10

Mrfoss, you propably encountered the real NAF, most of the ZBO had pulled back by 1:30 and only our Juliet and Kilo squads were still fighting, but we were in the direction of the road (where we ambushed you), not at the crossroads and the bunker.
Berget 9 - Zansian Black Ops, J10 Medic, The Firm.

Rhyn0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rhyn0 » 06 Jul 2011, 20:31

Ukkosleka wrote: I was also the other guy talking to you ( or more providing cover for the talking guy) and counting your men.I managed to count 5 of you, so it seems I was not too far off.
You would think that our two medics would have taken the better part of an hour to heal 20 guys :D
Actually you were spot on.. i just remembered that our scout had been killed during the previous encounter with the NAF mechanised platoon and he was just returning from respawn when your fight took place. He actually met 3 of your guys that were late in getting the withdrawl order and were coming up behind. So yeah, were just 5, not 6.. good job spotting.

But also.. 2 medics can heal 20 guys in 20 minutes ( perfect conditions) and it took at least 10 minutes for me to get my pants cleaned, get some info out of HQ, and work up the courage to come out into the road.

It's really awesome to hear from the other side and hear what they thought, i went out into the road thinking i was a dead man walking.. but i'm quite proud of myself for thinking of ordering you guys into the road before letting you heal your wounded.. best tactical decision i've made yet.

I hope to see you guys next year so we can drink a few beers together and swap stories.

PS: any guy that brings our Death Card with him next year and comes with it to the beer party with him will most likely get a beer from me :d
B7- Milo's Tigers, Sq.L
B8- 15th Pold. Psyops, "Bash", Coy Cmdr.
B9- Pold. 3rd, Recon plt. ldr
B10- Pold. Force Recon "Odin's Ravens" Cmmdr
B11- HVIU Operative/Guyana Border Police(Cpt. Garcea)
B12- GCT Rangers-Engineer
B13- GCT Paras Engineer/AT guy
B14- NAF Fathom Grunt/AT guy

BetaCat
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by BetaCat » 06 Jul 2011, 22:46

Rectunator wrote:Mrfoss, you propably encountered the real NAF, most of the ZBO had pulled back by 1:30 and only our Juliet and Kilo squads were still fighting, but we were in the direction of the road (where we ambushed you), not at the crossroads and the bunker.
I can confirm the real NAF being there. My squad (Lima) was one of the last squads to pull back (before Juliet and Kilo) and we encountered NAF scouts by the road in square F-15 a minute after we chanced our Firm gear on. (Phew, were we close to be catched our pants down or what? :lol: )
B9 - The Firm / Zansian
B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion
B11: UA17
B12: PMC Unisec
B14: UPIR
B15: UPIR
B17: I'll be there

Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 06 Jul 2011, 23:35

We (Juliet + Kilo) were caught between the Poldavians and NAF forces and suffered heavy casualties from blue-on-blue in the dark. I think we managed to make them think that we are a scouting unit from the Rangers since they were airborne if I remember correct.
Berget 9 - Zansian Black Ops, J10 Medic, The Firm.

Saveli_M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Saveli_M » 07 Jul 2011, 00:26

Freak[Shepherds] wrote:
Aaaaarghhh!!! I knew it i knew it!!!! I told my plt leader that it was so weird to have miners near our base, and when my fellow teammate found that radio something really was fishy!!!

Very good job at "acting" guys! That was a great expierence for me! :) Thanx alot!

Freak, 3rd Ranger, A2
...No no, thanks to you mate. I was not part of this but I sure can imagine your suspicious feeling ...PRICELESS!!!1 :D
"Do not worry, I've got closegrinder right here!"
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf. Medic / APC Crew
B9 - The FIRM / Zansian B04 / Van Crew
B10 - Zanzian "Black Guard" Infantry Btt.
B11 - GCT Taskforce / Echo-Niner
B12 - --- SPAM !!! ---

Panzer [Shepherds]
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Panzer [Shepherds] » 07 Jul 2011, 10:03

Karko wrote:Any NAF players here who remember taking 11 "civilian miners" as prisoners behind the NAF base at wednesday night?

Our orders were to take away all battle gear and guns and dress up as civilians, come up with a cover story (= Miners) and act like ones. Then find NAF base and gather intel about it. After we found it, we got taken as prisoners and put to sit in the field with our hands behind our backs while being searched.

Gave us a good laugh afterwards cause one NAF soldier had told his Battalion Commander "Something stinks" when they found a batt. radio on our squad leader/boss. Also one of our soldiers had forgotten a glock17 magazine on him but luckily wasnt found on the search. You guys sure suspected something was weird but let us go. ;)

We sure do. One of my men retrieved the PTT and the radio in the packs, the one making the "stinking"remark was me (PL) when reporting it...was a great moment and you guys did well especially when the arti-attack hit and a few of you guys having arguments amongst eachother...should have shot you all on the spot one by one... ;)
[Shepherds] X.O.

B9: NAF 3rd Ranger Bat / A Company / 2nd PLT (ALPHA 2) / 1 IC

www.shepherds-squad.com

Mrfoss
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mrfoss » 08 Jul 2011, 10:28

Rectunator wrote:Mrfoss, you propably encountered the real NAF, most of the ZBO had pulled back by 1:30 and only our Juliet and Kilo squads were still fighting, but we were in the direction of the road (where we ambushed you), not at the crossroads and the bunker.
Pity we really wanted an other go :) Droped a mission to attack NAF base even. This time without the noisy cars. We ended up moving and clearing all the way to UN base before game stop.
Member of SCAK
B8: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B9: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B10: Pol 5th infantry
B11: Ravens Guerilla Delta Plt
B12: GCT infantry

seaQ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by seaQ » 08 Jul 2011, 16:12

The higher ranked people in the bank knew early on that Zansians and the Firm probably were the same people. However, we got it confirmed in-game after one of you (dressed as NAF) started bitching with us about our camera (Go PRO). After that 10 minute long discussion we recognized some of your faces as you wandered in to town a day later (dressed as Firm, civilians and Gypsies).

If you just would have let us go and believed us when we told you the camera was off game, we wouldn't have remembered your faces.

Redmenace_tv
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Redmenace_tv » 08 Jul 2011, 16:54

Saveli_M wrote:
Freak[Shepherds] wrote:

Freak, 3rd Ranger, A2
...No no, thanks to you mate. I was not part of this but I sure can imagine your suspicious feeling ...PRICELESS!!!1 :D
Haha, i remember this 'we are just looking for samples' was funny. we marched you all out in single file and i used your looking for samples map for the rest of the week. classic roleplay guys well done :)
(TOM)
Berget 8 - NAF 5th Staff Officer
Berget 9 - 2IC NAF 1st Mech battalion
Berget 10 -2IC NAF 23rd Inf Battalion
Berget 11 -AWOL
Berget 12 - AWOL
Berget 13 - ?