When you understood that Firm and Zansians were same group?

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Jöntti
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

When you understood that Firm and Zansians were same group?

Post by Jöntti » 05 Jul 2011, 17:07

We in Firm/Zansian side paid lots of attention to make sure that people would not know the true about us. We used different combatmottos (in Zansian/NAF "Möte" and as Firm "Mörkö"), ID patches and masks as Zansians and english as much as possible. When meeting Firm people we also tried to act like they would not be our friends and even knock outed them during the "Janco Raid".

So it would be fun to hear how good this worked. We knew that some people would know it from start and that it would come out at least at some point. Still it was really funny to hear at Beer party how the Monk (Finnish guy, whos brother was playing as part of Firm) had no idea about us, how some Poldavian Officer had thought that Firm would take the satelite black box from Zansians at Saturday, how NAF Officer had thought his own OD+Skullmask "Spy-Ops" as Zansians and how some had thought that Zansians would be "Only 30-40 Finnish who have been training like 2 years together" :D

-Jöntti, Firm/Zansian, P01, NCO
Last edited by Jöntti on 06 Jul 2011, 19:14, edited 3 times in total.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 05 Jul 2011, 18:10

I realized way before Berget that ZBO would be mostly Finns, as there were very few Finnish players listed as part of the other units.
Also, OD uniforms are a trademark of Finnish Berget players since at least Berget 6, so it was pretty obvious who would be playing the Zansians!

Into the game we also found out that the Firm was comprised of Finns, and I had some suspicions. However, this was of course all meta-knowledge, and not something to act on.

Weather or not our guys in the HQ knew anything, I have no idea.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 05 Jul 2011, 18:15

If the rumour about the saturdays end game is true then the Poldavian HQ knew nothing. The rumour says that BE crew called the Poldavian HQ an hour or two before the games end on Saturday and informed them that we, the Zansians, were about to find the black box of the satellite. The HQ's reply? "Dont worry, we hired the Firm to get it for us."
Berget 9 - Zansian Black Ops, J10 Medic, The Firm.

Erka92
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Erka92 » 05 Jul 2011, 18:23

During the attack on janco with smoke, when a Guy in the firm told me about the black ops.

We thought it had been NAF that fired upon me and My team, but we shot a guy and when hearing about the black ops I took the info to UN HQ.

I'd never heard of them before that night so it made the game a LOT more awsome! :D
Fireteam Echo
Berget 18 -
Berget 15 - NAF Mech
Berget 9 - UN - Nordic coy

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Jul 2011, 19:56

I bet you snagged that black box on the first day, when we (3rd NAF rangers) crossed paths with you, I radioed in to our HQ that you were moving in the area dressed as the firm with no real reason to be there as well as looking for an already blown up suicide bomber. But they didn't give a rat's ass so neither did I :P
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 05 Jul 2011, 20:03

I knew way before the game, cause im cool that way. :P
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 05 Jul 2011, 20:10

I wonder how many Poldavians in the mech/inf/arty realised that the "NAF" blowing them up time and time again on thursday near the eastern roadblock and plateau were actually Zansian operatives disguised as NAF Rangers and such. We fought there from midday 'till two in the night.

Satela
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Satela » 05 Jul 2011, 20:16

We got the I-HEAL blackbox on Saturday around 14.30 pm. It was nowhere to be found before that, BE dropped it to Degas at that time.

I heard at the beer party that I was under suspicion. Someone thought that he had seen me on Spekcsta during Thursday wearing OD and saw me again on Friday wearing The Firm outfit. Well, he was right, but fortunately I used all different gear including eye-protection and weapon, so there was no certainty on the matter, as I heard. I quess the ones who had suspicions were the four people who said they were trying find some missing girl, right? The policeman, driver from Ivantchuk's and two others?

Please people, tell us more of your suspicions etc.

Oh, and the look on one Poldavian's face, when he saw the whole Black Ops team in Safezone after gameoff... Priceless :lol:
B7 - B16

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 05 Jul 2011, 20:20

I told my men that I think that the Black Ops were only a legend. We never saw them. :D I first realized that Firm and Zanzians were the same when I read the froums :shock:
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

Weasel
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Weasel » 05 Jul 2011, 20:29

Congrats to all Zanzians for playing out so well this hell of a plot.
As a grunt in NAF 6th Airborn I had no clue of your activities up until game over.
From my perspective you always appeared and disappeared "deus-ex-machina" style. :D

Olli
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Olli » 05 Jul 2011, 20:36

At this point I want to thank some players.

Atleast Jottis and couple of other players (Cris, Robman?) knew just by experience that the Finns gotta be the Zansians but you guys didn't tell it in-game (like "I've talked with gamemasters or similar and I know that Finns are Zansians). Also some of our finnish collegue might have overhead about Zansians in some finnish game, but you didn't use that off-game info during the game. Rather you all waited to have some in-game comfirmation before telling that Finns vere Zansians. This is true sportmanship in airsoft.
Olli Vesakoski
B5 FFF commander
B6 SRP commader
B7 SRP commander
B8 Poldovian 1st Link Officer
B9 Zansian commander Z01
B11 GCT taking down the Iron Wall
B12 Yuri Orlov's angry mob
B15 FinBat commader
B17 GFM men with green faces

Karko
Private
Private

Post by Karko » 05 Jul 2011, 20:43

Any NAF players here who remember taking 11 "civilian miners" as prisoners behind the NAF base at wednesday night?

Our orders were to take away all battle gear and guns and dress up as civilians, come up with a cover story (= Miners) and act like ones. Then find NAF base and gather intel about it. After we found it, we got taken as prisoners and put to sit in the field with our hands behind our backs while being searched.

Gave us a good laugh afterwards cause one NAF soldier had told his Battalion Commander "Something stinks" when they found a batt. radio on our squad leader/boss. Also one of our soldiers had forgotten a glock17 magazine on him but luckily wasnt found on the search. You guys sure suspected something was weird but let us go. ;)
B9: The Firm / Zansian Black Ops, Charlie 12, Medic
B10: Zansian Infantry Battalion, 1st Coy, Bravo 4-5, Medic
B11:

Weasel
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Weasel » 05 Jul 2011, 21:14

... And by the way, where was ZBO's base camp after all?

Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 05 Jul 2011, 21:16

The Firm camp 200 meter to the west of the main safe zone.

Rhyn0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rhyn0 » 05 Jul 2011, 21:19

In 3rd mountaineers it was common knowledge since before the game that the firm=zansian black ops.. we were 95% sure anyway.
B7- Milo's Tigers, Sq.L
B8- 15th Pold. Psyops, "Bash", Coy Cmdr.
B9- Pold. 3rd, Recon plt. ldr
B10- Pold. Force Recon "Odin's Ravens" Cmmdr
B11- HVIU Operative/Guyana Border Police(Cpt. Garcea)
B12- GCT Rangers-Engineer
B13- GCT Paras Engineer/AT guy
B14- NAF Fathom Grunt/AT guy