A Medic suggestion.

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
parresurre1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

A Medic suggestion.

Post by parresurre1 » 05 Jul 2011, 19:10

In my opinion there are a bit of a problem with the medics rule. When the big forces with a lot of medics charged they can heal almost every player that has been hit on their team. This makes it very hard to stop their momentum or make a defensive stand that can stop a superior force. I think its a little to fast and easy to get healed.

Why not make hit and healed players return to nearest spawnpoint behind them and after that they can directly return to game with no spawn time. This would make people more careful, It could turn the momentum around in a battle and would make it a little harder to reinforce your troops just by healing the hit ones left behind as you push forward.

I can only see advantages with this.

1. You keep the medics.
2. It takes a little bit longer time for a healed player to return to game.
3. People may become more careful if they know they will be out for some time even if they get healed.
4. Taking a lot casualties on the offensive would make more impact on your momentum than it does at the moment.
5. You still know you survived the hit but it just takes a little longer before back in action.

What do you think guys?

Have a nice day!

parresurre1
De Oppresso Liber

Buffel
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Buffel » 05 Jul 2011, 19:14

Reasons I would not be a fan of this:
- it removes the often quite cool actions where players take risks to recover wounded buddies to a safe spot where they can be healed
- it removes the also often quite heroic work I've seen medics doing
- nearest spawn can be 4km away if you're unlucky (happened twice to me). As a result squads get pulled apart all the time.

IF there really is a problem (not sure) then it can easily be fixed by increasing the heal time IMHO
Strike 1 for wildlife: Cape Buffalo are said to have killed more big game hunters than any other animal :D

Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers

parresurre1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by parresurre1 » 05 Jul 2011, 19:22

I didnt say that the medics should vanish. Just trying to find a way to make the fight more balanced and real.

I dont understand why it should take away the cool action as you say, people need to get healed by medics anyway.

I can agree it can be a long way to nearest spawn points. Maybe separate spawns for healed players?

Your suggestion of increased healing time is also good if people are ready to follow this. In a big game like this a maybe at least 5-7 mins. This would also tie up medics making them choose witch players to rescue. This could be a really cool scenario in fact.

Yeah the more I think of it the more I like the idea of longer healing times.

Maybe the medics should carry a little notebook where they keep track of healed players.

Heal by tie an compress around would, then write in the notebook.

Something like this:
Fraction:
Platoon:
Name:
Arm Id:
Location of injury:
Time:
Date:

This would take quite some time and have the Medic concentrated on his patient even in the line of fire. It also would be really nice for the medics having on paper all the players they have rescued when the game ends.
Last edited by parresurre1 on 05 Jul 2011, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
De Oppresso Liber

Vandalen
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Vandalen » 05 Jul 2011, 19:26

its a nice idea and it certainly would decrease healing cheats such as high five heals wich i experienced alot during B9. Well maybe not high five but at the most people got healed within 2min.

How about medics being able to set up a field hospital as a temporary spawn for players that get hit 1st time. if they get hit again normal rules apply.
We could still have the heroic saves :P

Buffel
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Buffel » 05 Jul 2011, 19:35

Interesting, I only experienced medics who would carefully track on their watch to make sure they did the full 2 minutes, and kept telling the wounded exactly how much time they had left until they were 'good to go' *shrug*
Strike 1 for wildlife: Cape Buffalo are said to have killed more big game hunters than any other animal :D

Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers

parresurre1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by parresurre1 » 05 Jul 2011, 19:40

What about this procedure?

1. Heal by tie an compress around wound for 3 minutes.

2. Write in the Medics notebook.

Fraction:
Platoon:
Name:
Arm Id:
Location of injury:
Time:
Date:

What do you medics think about this idea. Wouldnt it be fun having your work on paper?
De Oppresso Liber

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 05 Jul 2011, 19:56

Having medics makes it important to gain ground so your own guys can get healed while the enemy wounded has to bleed out. If anything, I think Berget should move back to having 2 heals then dead (so only after the third time you're hit you have to spawn) and in stead have longer spawn times.

It would eliminate some of the "running back and forth between spawn and front lines" that I saw this year, and that's only a good thing.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

parresurre1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by parresurre1 » 05 Jul 2011, 20:04

You did not read the whole post?

There are no suggestion what so ever to take away medics. Either you dont read it properly or you just didnt understand. You also did not reply on the post above where the suggestion has been changed completely.
De Oppresso Liber

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Jul 2011, 20:20

I'd really love to find a way to simulate CASEVAC.
For that I really do like Vandalen's and Parresurre's ideas mixed.

*Player gets hit
*Medic bandages said player for 1-3 minutes
*Someone (at least one) needs to get wounded player back to an aid station or a designated CASEVAC vehicle which takes the player to the nearest aid station set up by medics or to a captured spawn point.
*Wounded soldier spawns in time tables of 0-5 minutes instead of the 30-minute spawn.

The aid station would cost tactical points to set up and would need to be manned by at least one medic and two other soldiers.

The soldier being helped to an aid station should not be allowed to sprint on his/her own, you would at least need to help carrying your own weight with one arm around the other player and limp back.

More tactical points throughout the map and/or firebases would also aid in spawning taking longer, FCASEVAC being simulated while still the walking distances is kept to a minimum.

When you're 15 guys defending against a force of 100 (happened plenty of times for us in the NAF :P) it don't matter if you take out 40, because 20 of those will still be medic:ed too darn fast to make casualties any real concern.
And if people would stop some "heroics" (ie. in a real life situation be completely whacked in the head and risk his mate's lives for risking his own) I'd just be glad.

I realize it's not milsim, but at least semi-milsim and I think that if everyone got used to similar rules/medic procedure as I've tried to explain then I really do believe that more people would start to enjoy the actual need for tactics way more.

Just my 2 cents
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

kyosuke
Corporal
Corporal

Post by kyosuke » 05 Jul 2011, 20:22

I was a medic this year and belive me when i tell you the 2 minutes is a awfull long time to heal someone when your under fire... and the hell like i want PAPER work while playing airsoft... i rather spend another minutes tying up the bandage god instead of making a double knob on around the arm....

but unlike others i have fun while beeing a medic...
i have a conversation with my pation, using humor to entertain them while they wait for getting back in the game...

but belive me, you must have obviusly not been a medic at berget, but i spent veeeeery little time shooting and a lot of time healing, and i didnt have a chance even with 2 minutes to prevent people from bleeding out, there where simply to many wounded to heal.

but i had fun becouse i was fooling around with the people i healed and made jokes about it...

like the guy who was hit in the stomach so i LARP'ed that i had to gather up his guts and push them back inside, and used gaffa to keep them inside and told him that it was double layered so if he needed to putt his mags somewhere he could just slapp it onto the gaffa, he had trouble shooting due to laughing after beeing healed.
Berget 9, Poldavian 320th Artillery; medic
Berget 10, Poldovian 15'th sappers; Heavy support medic.

Red ones go faster, thats why i use red bullets.

Splinter-B
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Splinter-B » 05 Jul 2011, 20:30

With a little easy organizing one could introduce many nice things to do with medics.
They could, just a thought, carry wound cards describing several types of wounds/shots, from headshot to a simple scratch, and accordingly healing time.
You lay wounded, medic comes, takes out a card and your fate is sealed. You could get away with a scratch and 2 min healing time, a -say- shoulder wound with 4 mins, even a fatal wound that puts you off game immediately. You get the picture.
B9 - NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
-------------------------------------
www.adventuregear.gr

parresurre1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by parresurre1 » 05 Jul 2011, 20:45

great ideas Splinter and A.Muller! Now we talking!
De Oppresso Liber

Erka92
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Erka92 » 05 Jul 2011, 22:09

I agree with Kyosuke.

I played as UN and the medic from my team had his hands full all berget, but it might have been because we were so few :)
Fireteam Echo
Berget 18 -
Berget 15 - NAF Mech
Berget 9 - UN - Nordic coy

Robin-Hood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Robin-Hood » 05 Jul 2011, 22:35

I like it the way it is, best medic system I've used so far tbh. As long as people actually stick to the time requirements for healing & bleed out then it's great. I healed one guy only to have him run off immediately despite me being like dude you have to wait... That's when issues arrive I think.

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Jul 2011, 22:44

Think about from the perspective of a smaller group using actual tactics that would halt any unit that cared about taking casualties versus placing them against a just as large force that will be at full strenght 10 minutes after 25% have taken hits, it'd be like placing a small covert team up against a soviet assault in Stalingrad during WW2.

Tactics goes out the window as soon as you have 200 supermen rumbling towards you like a tank column (not referring to cheaters, but a quick heal makes the unit virtually unstoppable by any smaller force.

And I absolutely HATE having to just go rambo and always use strengh in numbers. It makes all recon elements highly combat inefficient. And while it's not a recon unit's priority to engage in combat, BUT if you can set an abush right with ~10 men then you can easily bogger down 100 men if casualties matter. That's where real combat skill and tactics show, and that's how I want to play airsoft. Otherwise I'd just be speedballing at my local arena.
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5