The Commanders Work at B9

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Redmenace_tv
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Redmenace_tv » 07 Jul 2011, 00:29

Maybe a joint HQ map tent for the liason officers, or joint/ closer HQ's or daily cross unit breifings? I'm sure there are way to solve these issues. The radios will always be difficult so maybe berget phones down to company command level so as long as your in radio range of you comany comander he can contact HQ?
(TOM)
Berget 8 - NAF 5th Staff Officer
Berget 9 - 2IC NAF 1st Mech battalion
Berget 10 -2IC NAF 23rd Inf Battalion
Berget 11 -AWOL
Berget 12 - AWOL
Berget 13 - ?

Blackwolf
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Blackwolf » 07 Jul 2011, 01:31

Hello

Welll i would like to congratulate all NAF soldiers from foot soldier to BATCOs, you all made a hell of a job to get things rolling.

To OBER-LIX you continue to surprise me and how you commanded your men, with superbe professionalism.Your help with Mechanised proved essential to a good turn around in the game.

To KVS, 1st time is always the hardest and you have succeded well, but a lesson to be learnt more communication is VERY IMPORTANT with other BATCO so that the whole NAF can get things done.

I can say this and i critizise all 3 BATCO me included, it took to long for us to get things rolling together,Only on thursday night did the machine start rocking and kicking Polly Ass.

Again i say this WELLL DONE ALL NAF players.

To the Poldavian BATCOs and troops without you there would not have the great battles we had. I SALUTE YOU ALL

Regards

Blackwolf
BLACKWOLF
BERGET 5 NATO SQUAD LEADER
BERGET 6 NATO PLATOON LEADER
BERGET 7 NATO COMPANY COMMANDER
BERGET 8 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 9 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 10 NAF ALL THE WAY
MEMBER HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM
PORTUGAL

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 07 Jul 2011, 01:36

I'd like to thank all commanding officers on all sides for a stellar effort and good work.

HQ and command structure related:
To have functioning HQ's we need a functional cellphone net and working UHF repeaters - and some lingering officers around the HQ tent or HQ building ready to update the HQ map with troop movements.

Neither cellphones nor radios had reliable signals in Poldavian camp this year. So I'd say we need a better radio-net repeater network first of all to make our commanders jobs better in this game. This can improve the game for most players on all ingame sides and give Berget a better logistic reputation.

It doesn't take much money or effort if the components are imported from abroad. What we need is at least 3 UHF-repeaters on high terrain to cover Parties A, B and C in this game.

But most crucially they must have usable audio quality so we can understand what people actually say. Not the steam-driven crackle noise audio the Berget repeaters have produced the last 3 years.

I'll gladly invest in a 50w transceiver with inbuilt repeater, place it on a suitable mountain top for our game fraction - but the job of refuelling its generator belongs to Berget-Events - unless they actually place a bunch of fuel cans there and task us ingame with refuelling it.

Either way, this is a solvable problem. "Just airsoft" doesn't sound quite credible when dealing with the biggest airsoft event in the world. :D

:tank:
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 07 Jul 2011, 02:05

I never encountered any NAF or Poldavian commanders so I'd just like to thank our ZOB company commander Herr Vesakoski for giving the squads freedom from rigid command hierarchies so that we could do our thing our own way. Also thank you for taking your time to explain whats going on around us whenever someone stopped you and asked about the situation. You kept us on the map and the game was more enjoyable thanks to that.
Berget 9 - Zansian Black Ops, J10 Medic, The Firm.

Jason
Private
Private

Post by Jason » 07 Jul 2011, 08:06

Rectunator wrote:I never encountered any NAF or Poldavian commanders so I'd just like to thank our ZOB company commander Herr Vesakoski for giving the squads freedom from rigid command hierarchies so that we could do our thing our own way. Also thank you for taking your time to explain whats going on around us whenever someone stopped you and asked about the situation. You kept us on the map and the game was more enjoyable thanks to that.
Second that. Olli seemed to always have time even thou it was clear that there were lots of things going on. He also had two speeches for the whole Firm, which was really nice and bonded us more together into a one united fighting machine.

We as a squad felt that we were always in the middle of the action and I'm sure that every squad shares this feeling. As BetaCat already said, both Olli and Pete did an awesome job on this and I'm sorry that I didn't get to thank Pete personally after the game. You guys did the already awesome game even better for us, so thank you! I'm sure that both of you guys will achieve something big if you ever put your minds on it - great guys you are! :)
- B9: The Firm / Zansians, Lima-squad, 2IC
- B10: The Zansian Black Guard, G3, 2IC
- B15: UPIR Shadows
- B17: GFM Scorpions, Zulu PC

S.R.A.P.E - At your six!

Gravitas
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Gravitas » 07 Jul 2011, 10:41

Panzer [Shepherds] wrote:Additionally, those who deserve extra credits should get them as well and Gravitas, I speak in name of many when I say that you earned your stripes massively from several platoon leaders, myself and the men under my command.

All in all 3 Rangers stood, dealt and punched and i'm proud as are my men that we've been part of dealing by the 3rd and can look back at being part of a group that earned it's stripes!
Glad to hear it Panzer. By ingame role changed there several times along the way; first pre-game being the Sergeant Major of 3rd rangers, then at game start being placed as a HQ operations officer 3IC, and later on being placed as the XO of the 3rd rangers battalion (for last days). Wasn't expecting this, so I could have prepared better.

I have some military experience from real life, and have been a CO in smaller airsoft scenarios. One thing that really helps these kind of "temporary troops" to get into speed quicker is good preparations: creating a separate invite-only forum for the unit and preparing well. Getting to know each other a bit as well (can be very important). Agreeing on the names of tactical points, callsigns, basic strategies etc that sort of thing. And then having those regular sitrep briefings in the game itself.

The NAF side held morning briefings for commanders; I attended 1 of those, KVS and Nikolai attended the others. The contents of these were often the larger strategic picture for the day, updated ROE, any items of note, some coordination, etc.

The 3rd rangers were organized a bit differently from typical battalion units: we didn't have the company-level at all in the 3rd (no companies as such, and no company commanders). We just had 3 HQ officers (me, KVS, Nikolai), no company-level in between, and then straight to platoons and their leaders. This probably led to more independent platoon-action, but less coordination and information-flow as the company-level is missing entirely. Still it did function well; we managed to kick a whole lot of butt ;-) nevertheless we can also always improve. The suggestions here are good and easy to second; prepare better, daily sitreps, better communication.

It's an honor having been a part of the 3rd!
B12: Team Zerg - Black on Black
B11: Blood Ravens - Squad Leader for "Team Zerg - Black on Black"
B10: NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion - Coy Commander. Field promoted to Bat.Com. in the end
B9: NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion - CSM/Operations Officer/Bat. XO

Lex
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Lex » 08 Jul 2011, 00:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR8N3hMJ05o
even don't know how to comment it. Just say that here in poldavian mountiners we are still lauthing loud. It is really cool :)

ps: now i understand, why all days all our missions was near naf base.
B7: Orlov's Mercs, 1st Russian coy, 1st platoon, 1st squad
B8: 1st Poldavian batalion, 3rd Russian coy, 1st platoon, 4th squad
B9: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers, 1st Russian coy, 2nd platoon, 3rd squad
B10: ****, * Russian coy, * platoon, * squad

aidynskas
Corporal
Corporal

Post by aidynskas » 08 Jul 2011, 10:33

Lex wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR8N3hMJ05o
even don't know how to comment it. Just say that here in poldavian mountiners we are still lauthing loud. It is really cool :)

No comments. I hope it wasn't the NAF rangers.

Jin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jin » 08 Jul 2011, 10:48

Lex wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR8N3hMJ05o

Lex dont be so rude:) LOL,tho this is funny to hear this ;)
Berget 8: 23nd NAF - Fox 5
Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers, 1st coy, 2nd PLTC
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers

DutchWolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by DutchWolf » 08 Jul 2011, 12:39

To all the 'badass' Pollies commenting on that video how though they are "I walked 45km, I'm such a hardass":

Just shut your hole will ya? Walking 45k's without getting blisters does not make you badass/hardcore/etc Just shows you prepared for the game better.

For the record, I didn't have blisters and walked alot more then 45km in and around Berget 9.

But some people did and our leadership wanted to included everyone in the final battle, props for that Blackwolf.
B09 - NAF - 6th Airborne - FOX4
B10 - NAF - 23rd Infantry - FOX2.1 Radio Operator

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 08 Jul 2011, 12:57

DutchWolf wrote:To all the 'badass' Pollies commenting on that video how though they are "I walked 45km, I'm such a hardass":
You missed the whole point: it wasn't tough and badass at all to walk 40+ km over the course of 3-4 days and this makes the NAF blisterboys even more funny... :lol:
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL

DutchWolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by DutchWolf » 08 Jul 2011, 13:30

No, you missed the point. Just 'cause it wasn't though on YOU doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it.

And I'm not talking about here on the forums really, but about those **** replies on YouTube.

Lex
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Lex » 08 Jul 2011, 16:02

if seriosly, it is really sad situation. NAF side refused missions, so our side didn't meet enemy on their mission and didn't got enough fun. Becouse theese so good looking boys in expencive equipment and with cool magpul-style guns were tied and blistered. Hm.. are we all playing the same airsoft? It seems to me, no.

hope, berget crew will think how to avoid situations like this in future.
B7: Orlov's Mercs, 1st Russian coy, 1st platoon, 1st squad
B8: 1st Poldavian batalion, 3rd Russian coy, 1st platoon, 4th squad
B9: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers, 1st Russian coy, 2nd platoon, 3rd squad
B10: ****, * Russian coy, * platoon, * squad

DutchWolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by DutchWolf » 08 Jul 2011, 16:05

Yeah, maybe read the bottom bit in the 'team' section mate. There's a reason not everyone is on the Rangers/Mountaineers.

Back on topic:

To all commanders: thanks for makeing the game great.

Genocide
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Genocide » 08 Jul 2011, 16:36

I would like to thank Ober-lix for being a fine leader and a man of great personality. For making the whole berget 9 experiance great and the most fun ive had in a long time!

I would like to thank red-menace(tom) for doing a great job as 2:nd in command. Organizing attacks and makeing us feel like we were doing a difference in kicking polli ass=)

And last but not least, Thankyou to the rest of NAF commanders. There was a bit of communication problems but you still did a great job!

See you all next year!