3rd Rangers Bravo 4 Log

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Apollo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

3rd Rangers Bravo 4 Log

Post by Apollo » 07 Jul 2011, 02:25

This is my log of my experiences in 3rd Rangers Bravo 4 as I remember. I might have got some things wrong so if anyone can recall anything different I would like to know. If I left out anything or got anything wrong concerning anyone else I would like to apologize in advance.

Day 1
We first thought we would begin the game on base watch but received last minute orders to proceed to Zulu and capture it.

We proceeded past Whiskey and through the woods stealthily to arrive at Zulu, at a bad time right as the Poldovan mechanized pulled up. We engage but it was not a fight we could win.

After respawning at Whiskey we received orders to attempt another attack on Zulu. This time we got caught out in a bad position on the side of a hill by a company of Poldovans. After several tense minutes we opened fire but a strong counter by the Poldovans and being caught in poor positions meant we lost the fire fight.

We went back to Whiskey right as it was about to be attacked. Along with our fellow NAF team mates we put up a strong defense and pushed the Poldovans back. We thought we had the point secure, but after an artillery pounding the Poldovans pushed up and captured the point. We were left with no choice but to return to base.

At this point Vladimir decided to put into action a plan for a after hours mission to retake the lost points. With Alpha 1, Bravo 4 when on a night march to secure Whiskey and Zulu. Alpha 1 cleared out whiskey while Bravo 4 covered their flank. Both platoons then proceeded to do a very long flanking march the whole way around Zulu eventually approaching from the East.

We could the proceed back to base at 7am safe in the knowledge the points were ours.

Day 2
We began Day 2 with the mechanized dropping us east of the safe zone. We proceeded to the eastern RB and stealthily took up defensive position to hold it while we were reinforced. Unfortunately our reinforcements never arrived and after an extended stealth defense we had no choice but to engage a company of ItalianPpoldovans. We held out as long as possible but the inevitable happened and we lost the point.

We attempted to spawn at Janco but after some confusion we proceeded back to Whiskey to respawn.

We were recalled to the base because of a suspected attack and prepared defense of the base was mounted.

Bravo 4 accompanied Bravo 6 and Alpha 1 were dispatched to retake points. Alpha 1 secured Whiskey, Bravo 4 and 6 proceeded through the woods and hit Zulu on the flank taking it quickly.

At Zulu we encountered a Poldovan platoon, we pushed the enemy back with the assistance of some nearby airborne. Some confusion followed as we crossed the bulk of the airborne and a Blue on Blue incident occured.

Bravo 4 and some of Bravo 6 proceeded to Janco to gather information. While our PL Guy was making contact with local leaders we rested and talked to the locals. It was all very nice until a rude suicide bomber ruined our nice time by blowing him self up by the firm

We returned to base

Our planned mission for the evening was cancelled due to thick fog so we rested. The poldovans had different plans and mounted a heavy base assault. The whole NAF force fought back fiercely, unprepared, many not even dressed or in boots and after a full hour the base was secured. we later got word that during this some airborne had successfully assaulted the Poldovan base.

Day 3
We woke to rain on Day 3, we were to recon grid Oscar 6. We marched down that rough terrain and after reconing the area we marched back up, soaked through, and even saw one of the vipers we were warned about(so be advised they are real).

We were then sent to the UN base to help out the UN. They wanted us to clear a Poldovan road block on the road to the safe zone, they provided 5 men to help. They screened left for us through the woods but got engaged. We entered the woods to assist and got engaged ourselves. We fought hard and the Poldovans just seem to keep coming, even with vehicles. We held them off for nearly 30 minutes until a UN airstrike was called in halting the Poldovans when we emerged we realised our platoon had been holding up the artillery and mechanized battalions.

We returned to the UN to respawn where the NAF mechanized arrived to support. The Mecanized and UN pushed up the road and after climbing the cliffs to the east of the UN base we preformed a huge flank right up behind, so big we missed the engagement.

when we finally arrived back at Janco we found a heated fight for Janco taking place. We immediately joined the fighting and did our part to push the Poldovans back out of the city and clear out the hills above the town. Our platoon was running very low on ammo due to the long period of fighting. After we secured the town we saw a peculiar sight. The town being gassed and then the Zanzians clearing through the town.

We returned to base to find it being harassed by small Poldovan attacks so engaged in base patrols in the night.

Day 4
we started Day 4 by preparing early for a 9am mission but once again the Poldovans had other plans for us. The attacked the base at 9:01 and our platoon being one of the few platoons ready that early was at the front of the base defense. then acting on intel we set up to ambush incoming Poldovans.

when the base was secure we proceeded to Whiskey and prepared a defense for an attack that never appeared. instead a bulk of NAF forces pushed through Whiskey which we had secured.

Bravo 4 and Bravo 6 proceeded past the NAF bulk to check the forward. We encountered Bravo 5 and a large Poldovan force. A large firefight followed, we put up a strong fight but the rangers eventually had to fall back and the main NAF bulk pushed up to engage.

After respawning at Whiskey we pushed over a hill to the north on the NAF main bulk. We encountered the artillery battalion again. We fought hard, dug in hard and eventually had to fall back, but one stubborn fireteam from Bravo 4 held their position despite large Poldovan presence.

We respawned for the last time and joining Alpha 1 we pushed one more attack over the hill to the north east. The PL added a huge amount of momentum with his fearless push forward. We fight hard meet our fireteam again, but eventually, one by one we all take our last hits and finish up an extremely enjoyable and rewarding time as a 3rd NAF ranger, Bravo company, 4th platoon
B9- NAF 3rd rangers, Bravo 4
B10 - NAF 3rd rangers, Archer 2
B12 - GCT 9th Rangers, Bravo 2
B14 - NAF Infantry, Echo
B15 - NAF Infantry, Charlie 4

KVS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by KVS » 07 Jul 2011, 12:10

Good report! Just to clarify the report for others not familiar with base codes provided for Rangers:

Point "Whiskey": Western Roadblock
Point "Zulu": Construction Site
Berget 10. 3NAF Rg Bn
Berget 9. 3NAF Bn CO
Berget 8. 5NAF 3 Coy CO
Berget 7. Yury Orlovs' Mercs 1Ptn CO

Scoop_89
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Scoop_89 » 07 Jul 2011, 22:22

Haha when you right it out like that we sure did do a lot! Not bad for 4 days eh? We spent more time at whiskey than we did in our beds! :P
B9, NAF 4rd Rangers, Bravo 4
B10, NAF 3rd Rangers, Archer 2
B12, 9th GCT Rangers, Bravo 2

With enough lubrication anything is possible

DutchWolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by DutchWolf » 07 Jul 2011, 23:35

Our planned mission for the evening was cancelled due to thick fog so we rested. The poldovans had different plans and mounted a heavy base assault. The whole NAF force fought back fiercely, unprepared, many not even dressed or in boots and after a full hour the base was secured. we later got word that during this some airborne had successfully assaulted the Poldovan base.
That was the attack where we ended up having 4 dead poldavian vehicles smack-bang in front of HQ wasn't it?

That was confusing as hell, especially when a couple of dead pollies started shouting "We got him! We got him!"

Anyone know what was going on there?
B09 - NAF - 6th Airborne - FOX4
B10 - NAF - 23rd Infantry - FOX2.1 Radio Operator

Apollo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Apollo » 08 Jul 2011, 01:01

DutchWolf wrote:
That was the attack where we ended up having 4 dead poldavian vehicles smack-bang in front of HQ wasn't it?

That was confusing as hell, especially when a couple of dead pollies started shouting "We got him! We got him!"

Anyone know what was going on there?
Yeah it was very confusing. I was fighting completly out of uniform which only added to the confusion and at one point I was healed by a trouser-less medic. A hectic defense but I have to admit extreamly fun too
B9- NAF 3rd rangers, Bravo 4
B10 - NAF 3rd rangers, Archer 2
B12 - GCT 9th Rangers, Bravo 2
B14 - NAF Infantry, Echo

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 08 Jul 2011, 09:13

I do believe that I fought with my shotgun in only my underwear during that attack, oh that poor poldavian that was shot, and captured aby an almost naked NAF trooper... ^^,
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Brambles
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Brambles » 10 Jul 2011, 01:37

All we need now is for duke to upload all the footage he captured throughout the game for the rest of the platoon to have a look :)
B9 - NAF 3rd Rangers, Bravo 4
B10 - NAF 3rd Rangers, Archer 2
B12 - GCT Rangers, Bravo 2
B14 - NAF Infantry, Echo 4
B17 - TBC

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 10 Jul 2011, 09:24

YES!
I'm still waiting for that :P
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Panzer [Shepherds]
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Panzer [Shepherds] » 10 Jul 2011, 17:51

A_Muller wrote:I do believe that I fought with my shotgun in only my underwear during that attack, oh that poor poldavian that was shot, and captured aby an almost naked NAF trooper... ^^,

RAngers have been fighting in boxers and half-naked on several occasions...what a sight it was :)
[Shepherds] X.O.

B9: NAF 3rd Ranger Bat / A Company / 2nd PLT (ALPHA 2) / 1 IC

www.shepherds-squad.com

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 10 Jul 2011, 17:53

Nohting new there... :P
Berget 5: 2IC Spetsnaz.
Berget 6: CoyCO NATO Golf coy.
Berget 7: PtnCO 2nd platoon 2nd coy
Berget 8: 3rd Rangers Battalion:
Berget 10: Co of NAF forces

StillAlive
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by StillAlive » 11 Jul 2011, 08:10

thank you Paul, a very accurate and detailed log.

i would like to use this opportunity to thank all the members of Bravo 4, it was much fun spending these amazing 4 days in your company.

we've been always outnumbered and outgunned, we didn't always succeeded, but we've always came back and never abandoned a mission (or took a ride ;))

fighting Irish - Charlie Corps - Paul, Shane, Steven, Conor and Alan - our main task force, first time Bergeteers, you've proved yourself invaluable in any situation. I salute your attitude, persistence and readiness to fight!

Kiwis - Jason, Tony and Kurt - you came literally from the other side of the planet, bringing with you not only your armory of MGs, but your positive attitude, wilderness skills and military experience. It was a pleasure and honor to walk the same trail with you.

Czechs - Q and Radar - veteran players, you've been a great help, setting an example and leading the most difficult assaults. more importantly your smiles always kept us worm and in good spirits. i salute your good nature, positive attitude and skills. i hope my next MilSim game will be in Czech republic.

Bill - our EagleRider - the most fashionable Ranger out there :) your military and airsoft experience and communication skills multiplied by your story telling talent helped make B4 the unique unit we were. this Berget wouldn't be the same for me if you weren't there, thank you for that!

now to my dear Brigadiers - Ido, Hezi and Ariel - thank you for your support and help! a special thanks to Ido for keeping going in any situation, even when his precious PTW stopped shooting and he switched to AT4 ;) a hope someone posts a picture of your CQB-in-underwear technique :)

i would also like to thank our Russian friends - Forieann Fein, Ghost Bears and Vipers for their hospitality, during the game and especially before and after. i enjoyed our bus ride at least the same i enjoyed the best party Harnosand has ever seen - your Russian party, which was by any standards THE GREAT SUCCESS.

additional thanks goes to Vladimir - KVS - our general and his HQ - Nikolai, Gravitas, Dimitry, Olga and Svetlana - being constantly under pressure and on the move, you've always found time for our "special" requests, taking into account not only mission priorities, but also our fun. i will serve under you any day and in any weather, Sir!

a very special thanks to my filipino friends. you are the most amazing bunch, you prove it every year over and over. i will drink your feckin whiskey with some fekin friends and cheer you. and remember -"what happens in the showers, stays in the showers" ;)

and last but not the least I want to thank all the players. Blue Ones (all shades of Blue) - you've been great comrades, it was much fun doing joint operations, as rare as they were. Red Ones - you've been a formidable enemy, thank you for all the fun we had fleeing, engaging, defending, hitting and being hit.

love you all - Guy

B4 actual out. see you next year!

B10: NAF 3rd Rangers
B9: NAF 3rd Rangers, BRAVO 4
B8: NAF 5th, HAWK 3
B7: NATO, INDIA 2
B6: NATO, INDIA 1

DUKE
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by DUKE » 13 Jul 2011, 23:22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rMq8hLLLls
video of getting to the game
more to come, with B4 action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke4yhkrD72M
still more may take time to edit
Berget 9: NAF 3rd Rangers, Bravo Coy.B4

StillAlive
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by StillAlive » 15 Jul 2011, 10:17

DUKE wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rMq8hLLLls
video of getting to the game
more to come, with B4 action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke4yhkrD72M
still more may take time to edit
nice! keep them coming...
B10: NAF 3rd Rangers
B9: NAF 3rd Rangers, BRAVO 4
B8: NAF 5th, HAWK 3
B7: NATO, INDIA 2
B6: NATO, INDIA 1

DUKE
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by DUKE » 20 Jul 2011, 03:16

Berget 9: NAF 3rd Rangers, Bravo Coy.B4

EagleDriver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by EagleDriver » 14 Oct 2011, 03:10

So - Any Bravo 4 Rangers plan on going in 2012? Unless something bad happens - I will be coming again.
B9 NAF, 3rd Ranger Btn, 2IC B4 Company
B10 NAF Guy who talks all day to the cute girls serving the food in base.