NAF C&C after game report - short version

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 10
Mrfoss
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mrfoss » 09 Jul 2012, 16:36

I just want to add to the off game base. It's logical that if there can be no fighting in base in the off game time then you can't sabotage, collect info, etc. Because what actually happens if someone sees you? It leads to the need for new rules in how to have a fight while being quite and not fighting in base while fighting in base. It fails on its own illogic.
Member of SCAK
B8: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B9: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B10: Pol 5th infantry
B11: Ravens Guerilla Delta Plt
B12: GCT infantry

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 09 Jul 2012, 18:21

We knew about the Safe Zone Respawn from before game start on Wednesday.

Strange stuff...
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 09 Jul 2012, 19:57

About the vehicle sabotage mission. We (Zansian Delta platoon) got that mission on Thursday evening (if I remember correctly). Our all three squads tried to do that mission 5-6 times alltogether but didn't succeed. This was because they tried to do it during INGAME hours. Closest we could get was just an arm length away from the trucks, but it was too open area and too much traffic all the time. I remember commenting that this should be easy to do when most of the people are sleaping, but you can't do that. At least we treated the basearea like total offgame area regarding any ingame activities. It's funny that GM's are apparently given different instructions... Oh well, it happens.

After 5-6 tries we decided not to try that mission again. It took too much time and effort (bases other side of the game area) and the gain was so bad if the mission would have been succeeded. It would have taken 15min / car to special engineer to fix those, what's the point? I would have rather tried to search the silos or something than use time and energy on this one.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3