Feedback and debriefings from Berget 11
Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Gameplay & Cheating?

Post by Mr Black » 06 Jul 2013, 12:27

alecu wrote:
Pat_D wrote:
22-Apollo wrote:Since when is pointing a fully loaded AEG into off game tents allowed?

Woke up at 9AM on Saturday in the GCT base with shooting and shouting, and someone pointed their weapon into our tent and asked if anyone was inside. I answered "Yes", and he said "You're all dead. No respawn in 1 hour."

Of course, I didn't care because I was off-game during that little raid by the Ravens, but clearly pointing guns at people with no safetyglasses and making up respawn rules? GM had to come to the base and tell everyone that respawns were still every half hour.

But hey, apart from all that, B11 was a blast!

That's why Berget rules tell to wear the safety glasses at all time when your stay in Base. 8)
And mister , that is why berget rules TELL that tents are off game area? Dont ?
Not really Alecu.
Berget rules wrote: It is absolutely prohibited to enter/attack/sneak up to a base during game off.
It is also at all times forbidden to take cover inside or fire your weapon in/out of tents.

If you sneak into a tent during ingame you should use knife kills. If resting inside tents during in-game, always keep your eye protection nearby or, ideally, sleep with it on.
If I understand the rules correctly you are not allowed to fire into a tent from the outside and you are not allowed to fire on someone outside the tent from inside. I believe that the spirit of the rule is to not have a firefight at the entrence of or inside a tent. But the rule doesn´t exactly say that.

Rhyn0 wrote:On our first berget. 5 years ago, a veteran told us the recipe for having fun at Berget:
"Take your hits, and shoot until ORANGE. Don't get mad if someone else does it to you as well"
We still think it's the best advice anyone ever gave us regarding airsoft.
It usually works just fine. But it doesn´t help a sniper who has waited for a lifetime to take out a target with a single shot.
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B8 NAF 5th Infantry, Plt leader Echo Delta
B9 NAF 1st Mech Inf Btn, Coy CO Cobra 1
B10 NAF 2nd Mech Inf Btn, 2iC
B11 UA17 (Captain Black)
B12 Civilian (Jim Tom Mudwater)

Cassius
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Cassius » 09 Jul 2013, 12:20

About all this fuzz on the tent situation, a good rule could be to setup a small pocket with a orange rag inside on top of the Tent entrance. If an enemy reach the tent, he simply unfold the rag onto the entrance and the player inside are considered dead.

The good thing is no one need to get inside, the player getting out pass through the orange flag when they leave the tent and know they need to go to respawn in order to be in game again.

Also it prevent player to be disrupted in their sleep because of an attack. It preserve the stealth of the attack (you can sneak around in the base and kill most of the player without firing anything), it is ultra safe, and fairly simple to setup.

After an attack a game master can come and wrap back the orange rag if the crew consider the attack over and the consequence past.

Of course the rule that you can't fire from inside or to the inside of tent still apply.
B11: Blood Raven Recon

HiTeck7
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by HiTeck7 » 10 Jul 2013, 12:29

JudgementDay wrote: What I meant was that the vehicle was backing up allied forces on the southern checkpoint to civilian camp, and we got reports that they were shooting blue on blue. The players reporting had not taken any hits from the vehicle though, but from various enemies sitting all around them in the bushes.

I admit that MGs may spray, and that those things can go through bushes and hit allied players behind or next to enemies (as possible with any support weapon), but it also seems to me that due to the MG being audible all around (it was pretty loud), there has been a number of players that reported friendly fire in mistake, because they got a hit from the direction where they heard the gun fire. On top, the truck is a favourite target for enemy fire, and lots of those BBs directed at the truck and not hitting may still pass it and hit players on the other side of it.

Considering the ROF of the MG, I would say unless you have been hit by a continuous stream of BBs within short time, there is a good chance that this was off-fire or maybe even someone shooting at you on purpose (like a Raven).
basically i agree with all of your points. but in this case i'm dam sure, that the fire comes directly from the vehicle. i had enough time so see the stream of BBs passing me 2 times and hitting my two team members. after that the stream comes into my direction a third time and i got hit.
why he doesn't hit me on the first and second try is, that he didn't really aimed to his target but just sprayed around. so i just had luck for a few seconds ;-)

Mrfoss
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mrfoss » 10 Jul 2013, 16:53

I am also very pleased with hit taking this berget. People generally take there hits and more. If someone does not take there hit. I assume one of three (hard to see the BB trajectory at times)he did not notice, i did not hit, or he is cheating). If this is at long distance, which is nearly every case this berget. It is probably down to me not hitting, I just get closer and make sure he gets hit.

On the BAVs it would be good if berget reduces the size at the front of some of there bavs. It sucks to order one then have it not fit. Most M40 are slimmer half way in and that is what some of the berget BAVS are missing. Im sure if that is fixed we will see a drastic drop in hand BAVS beeing used.

Thanks to everyone for making this a great and fairplay event.
-MrFoss
Member of SCAK
B8: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B9: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B10: Pol 5th infantry
B11: Ravens Guerilla Delta Plt
B12: GCT infantry

Rhyn0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rhyn0 » 12 Jul 2013, 07:50

mr.foss, BE allready have a v2 version of BAVS that is slimmer in front. You just have to know to ask for it specifically when you get the bavs, or bring the launcher and test it there and if it doesn't lock ask for the slim model.
B7- Milo's Tigers, Sq.L
B8- 15th Pold. Psyops, "Bash", Coy Cmdr.
B9- Pold. 3rd, Recon plt. ldr
B10- Pold. Force Recon "Odin's Ravens" Cmmdr
B11- HVIU Operative/Guyana Border Police(Cpt. Garcea)
B12- GCT Rangers-Engineer
B13- GCT Paras Engineer/AT guy
B14- NAF Fathom Grunt/AT guy

Mrfoss
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mrfoss » 13 Jul 2013, 01:25

We had two this berget one fit in both our launchers and one did not. We asked berget if they had any more slim once, but they where out of them.

My point is really get more of the slim once if Berget events feels that people firing them from hand is a problem. Or maybe more cost efficient for berget is an alternative where the V1(fat) are cheaper than V2(slim) at the berget shop, so that the people with this problem gets the slim.
Member of SCAK
B8: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B9: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B10: Pol 5th infantry
B11: Ravens Guerilla Delta Plt
B12: GCT infantry

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 14 Jul 2013, 12:49

And I got a slim one, and it still did not fit my M320.
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Rhyn0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rhyn0 » 17 Jul 2013, 08:39

Tiger_1 wrote:And I got a slim one, and it still did not fit my M320.
really tight hole, eh? :P
B7- Milo's Tigers, Sq.L
B8- 15th Pold. Psyops, "Bash", Coy Cmdr.
B9- Pold. 3rd, Recon plt. ldr
B10- Pold. Force Recon "Odin's Ravens" Cmmdr
B11- HVIU Operative/Guyana Border Police(Cpt. Garcea)
B12- GCT Rangers-Engineer
B13- GCT Paras Engineer/AT guy
B14- NAF Fathom Grunt/AT guy

Gravitas
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Gravitas » 02 Nov 2013, 09:26

Last summer was no more cheating than usual. However at the very end of Berget, with less than 5 minutes on the clock, I was filming our suicide assault to the blue base with a 1080P/50fps camera. That clip has a nice visible episode of cheating: I shoot a full burst to a blue dude who looks like an officer, the dude flinches and does nothing: walks away to the side. No hit, no bleed, nothing.

Also there are some videos added to Youtube from the Blue side. In these videos you can see a medic healing blue players in 60 seconds by not touching them, just saying to them "stay here", then walking away, and coming back 60s later to say "you are now healed".. amazing long distance healing =)

One more understandable episode of not taking a hit was when I shot a blue GCT sniper in the back with my SAW, full auto, maybe 50 BBs bouncing all off him and he just ran away... naturally 50BBs hitting you is hard to notice if you already run.. still ;-)
B12: Team Zerg - Black on Black
B11: Blood Ravens - Squad Leader for "Team Zerg - Black on Black"
B10: NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion - Coy Commander. Field promoted to Bat.Com. in the end
B9: NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion - CSM/Operations Officer/Bat. XO

Moskus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Moskus » 15 Dec 2013, 23:18

22-Apollo wrote:Since when is pointing a fully loaded AEG into off game tents allowed?

Woke up at 9AM on Saturday in the GCT base with shooting and shouting, and someone pointed their weapon into our tent and asked if anyone was inside. I answered "Yes", and he said "You're all dead. No respawn in 1 hour."

Of course, I didn't care because I was off-game during that little raid by the Ravens, but clearly pointing guns at people with no safetyglasses and making up respawn rules? GM had to come to the base and tell everyone that respawns were still every half hour.

But hey, apart from all that, B11 was a blast!
I was there, in the tent. That was kind of scary, being woken up by a Raven. And by the sounds of it there where plenty of people outside of the tent for him to shoot. I didn't know they where alowed to enter our tents. Im buying a calymore for next year!
B11 GCT SIDU.
B12 Ravens Guerillas.
B13 IKAROS Minerva.
B14 UPIR Shadows.
B15 UPIR Infantery.
B16 UPIR Anti Tank Infantery.
B17 GFM Infantery

Snygg
Private
Private

Post by Snygg » 03 Apr 2014, 04:01

B11 was my first berget experience. Hit taking was phenomenal except for one occasion, where a platoon of mostly eastern europeans with way too many M249's rolled past two GCT platoons with only two or three casualties by the mill. Not going to point out any names, or post the videos that we got. You know who you are, don't do it again. Also, dancing is not really what you should be doing when you're getting hit. (This was reported to BE, and I assume BE solved it on the spot.)

Met a couple GCT mech guys who had gotten shot at by metal bb's which shot flesh wounds through a baseball cap + flag patch, and also denting a somewhat thick metal turret shield.

Random magazine checks by crew next year perhaps?

But all in all, me and my guys had a great time. We hope for an even better time this year!

macmax1
Private
Private

Post by macmax1 » 03 Apr 2014, 18:17

Moskus wrote:except for one occasion, where a platoon of mostly eastern europeans with way too many M249's rolled past two GCT platoons with only two or three casualties by the mill.
My name is Maciej Waluk - "Max", probably it was our attack on mill when were rolled out 2GTC platoons.

Can you post Your video ? We are strongly against cheating, so we would like to know who was "Terminator" in our platoon.
Casulties were more than 3, as more than half were wounded during attack.
May be it was the matter, that there was 14 profesional soldiers from Israeli and Polish Armies ?
Too many M249 ? There were 3 of them, mine jamed 2 times during attack :twisted: and hell, we have to carry those "pigs" for all 62 kilometers on Berget ( our foot distance ). :wink:

Still, If You don't want post video send me on PM.
B8 - Polish Squad/ Russian Coy/ 1st Infantry Btn Poldavia
B9 - 5th Infantry Btn Poldavia
B10- 3rd Mnt Btn Poldavia
B11- Blood Ravens
B12 - Blood Ravens ( traitor or freedom fighter *)
* depends on point of view

CyBear
Private
Private

Post by CyBear » 04 Apr 2014, 21:45

Snygg wrote:Met a couple GCT mech guys who had gotten shot at by metal bb's which shot flesh wounds through a baseball cap + flag patch, and also denting a somewhat thick metal turret shield.
Holy smokes! Berget 12 will be my first event and reading about stuff like that makes me nervous.

JudgementDay
Major
Major

Post by JudgementDay » 06 Apr 2014, 16:45

No need to.

Such things happen roughly as often as in any ordinary Airsoft game - which is to say, maybe one in a thousand. Crew and players keep doing all they can to further reduce the numbers.
Been here since B08... :)