Iron walls and the Village.

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 11
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Iron walls and the Village.

Post by Berget-events » 02 Jul 2013, 08:40

Wright your thoughts about it. Please stick to topic.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Hazardous
Captain
Captain

Re: Iron walls and the Village.

Post by Hazardous » 02 Jul 2013, 15:36

The Irons Walls played a important roll in the game, and all what happened around and inside will stay with me for years.
The Walls where a bit had to defend (the times it was not suppose to breach) due to the close terrain.
I would have loved to see the Village grow around the walls, but it was split in two. Then again, I don't know how it would have been done better.
I had tons of fun building the wall, almost got a tear in my eye when BE came and took it down.
"GOD DAMN IT BUBBA! They'r on our property!" :lol:
-Mike
B8: NAF 3rd Ranger
B9: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B10: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B11: Head of Rico's bodyguards
B12: Blood Raven - 2IC
B13: IKAROS Cerberus - 2IC
B14: Arrival of my first born
B15: UPIR Command
B16: Merc

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 02 Jul 2013, 15:55

Only problem I saw was the huge amount of blindfire coming out of the IW compound, especially during the breach.
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

Isuel
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Isuel » 02 Jul 2013, 21:22

This blind-fire problem was btw both sides, especially when the ladders came into play.
Also, safety distances were completely ignored by the attacking forces once anything was seen inside the compound. A good example was when one of the guys at the tower was shot from the "secret escape tunnel". He was shot in his safety glasses and the glasses were penetrated. He was shot that close.

Hazardous
Captain
Captain

Post by Hazardous » 03 Jul 2013, 09:04

Isuel wrote:This blind-fire problem was btw both sides, especially when the ladders came into play.
Also, safety distances were completely ignored by the attacking forces once anything was seen inside the compound. A good example was when one of the guys at the tower was shot from the "secret escape tunnel". He was shot in his safety glasses and the glasses were penetrated. He was shot that close.
I must make a note here that the safety glasses them self where not penetrated, but the frame of them that were shot (ESS ICE) broke in half. :shock:
-Mike
B8: NAF 3rd Ranger
B9: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B10: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B11: Head of Rico's bodyguards
B12: Blood Raven - 2IC
B13: IKAROS Cerberus - 2IC
B14: Arrival of my first born
B15: UPIR Command
B16: Merc

Yams
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Yams » 03 Jul 2013, 12:52

The Iron Walls were quite a mystery for a lot of the GCT forces for a chunk of the game, just a big "thing" that we couldnt get into.

Quite a few didnt get to see it so you had an element of chinses whispers about what it was, which was good.

There was some blindfiring that took place, but once I got inside and started talking with the dead reds (I was the brit trying to drain the water container) it was obvious there was a lot of self policing going on. However structures like this will always bring out the worst examples of play due to the high importance places on controlling it and the emotions that brings out.

M.Svensson
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by M.Svensson » 03 Jul 2013, 14:58

Well I ran past the iron walls once, I wasn't there at the breach but I was sitting in the woods hearing the screams and explosions from there! :P
Berget 11 - GCT SFODU, GOLF
Berget 12 - GCT 9th SF infantry, ECHO
Berget 13 - GCT Special Parachute Infantry, ALPHA

ViskiNalle
Private
Private

Post by ViskiNalle » 22 Jul 2013, 16:06

Iron Walls: Was perhaps in too big role in the civillian camp, well the Iron walls was the civillian camp. I would not even call it a village because there was only 3 structures, 2 UA17 buildings and one Blood Ravens building Iron Walls, that ruled the whole area. Half of people in the camp were working for GCT and other half were terrorists. I heard that there was only one actual civillian group.

As UA17 we didnt have any options to strike fear in to anyone because the Blood Ravens presence was always there. Also we didnt have any IEDs, no TNT charges, mines and “high value” items & weapons. When one of our cells tried to go to the woods to change gear and start their mission they got busted and they were executed. By the same side that we were selling guns and trying to "help". :D

In the last night we stroke a deal between the side that "liked" GCT and UA17 to not start a shooting match in the civillian camp at 9.00 am the next day. Because it would been just stupid for each of us just be ready at 8.50 am and just shoot each other until the game ends. Thanks by the way for keeping the deal.

Utilities: Also were was Berget kiosk!? Huge disapointment, I was hoping that at some point I could have a berget burger for a change from the "speed" pasta. But this meant walking to safe zone and losing hours from game time. Also I understand that the toilets had to be in the crossroads so that they can be emptied but they were still a bit too far. Especially if you didnt want to put a death rag on your head when you went to take a shit just that no trigger happy GCT or Ravens would shoot you because they thought that you are the enemy. Between the road from civillian camp and the crossroads there were fighting every day.

Road: Ok I know that the road had just been build, but few truck loads of gravel to it and you would never had any problems with it. After that toilets could been placed at the town and the truck that empties them should have had no problems getting there.

I still had loads of fun in the game, different type of fun than last year but still fun.
B8 - Poldavia
B10 - Zansia
B11 - UA17
B12 - GCT Intelligence unit (Khorne Consulting, Red Cross)
B13 - GCT Para Inf, HQ Platoon
B14 - NAF HQ Platoon
B15 - NAF HQ - CIMIC