The safe zone gear shop

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 12
wormbyte
Major
Major

Re: The safe zone gear shop

Post by wormbyte » 05 Jul 2014, 09:43

Agreed, I think Berget needs to think a lot about its retail strategy.

Unless Berget runs a permanent online shop as a genuine sideline to the events, then their range and variety of stock is always going to be limited as the event is the only opportunity to sell their stock.

This might provide a great short term revenue stream for Berget, but is not so good for a player that might I have forgotten something important, which might be commonly sold by other retailers.

I would say; either run your own shop that has a comprehensive range of goods, and stay open during the game, or allow other retailers to sell stuff and either take a cut from their profits or charge pitch fees.
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force

Sgt._Shaw
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sgt._Shaw » 06 Jul 2014, 20:41

wormbyte wrote:Agreed, I think Berget needs to think a lot about its retail strategy.

Unless Berget runs a permanent online shop as a genuine sideline to the events, then their range and variety of stock is always going to be limited as the event is the only opportunity to sell their stock.

This might provide a great short term revenue stream for Berget, but is not so good for a player that might I have forgotten something important, which might be commonly sold by other retailers.

I would say; either run your own shop that has a comprehensive range of goods, and stay open during the game, or allow other retailers to sell stuff and either take a cut from their profits or charge pitch fees.
+1. nothing more to say from my side.
Berget 10: NAF 2nd Mech- Scout/Bv 206-Crew (Odin coy)
Berget 11: GCT Mechanized, Direwolf 1 - RATELO (D-1-2)
Berget 12: PMC Mechanized, Lockpick, Bv-206 RATELO and 2IC
Berget 13: GCT Mechanized, Lockpick-Coy: 2IC and RATELO
Berget 15: UPIR Heavy Mechanized, PBV Mech-Inf, AT and 2IC

kastman
Newbee
Newbee

Post by kastman » 08 Jul 2014, 00:32

Last year the Fins (cant remember the shopname) saved my berget by selling good sleeping bag for a fair price. I know a lot of people that would have wanted this this year also as it was pretty cold and they brought a sleeping bag that did not cut it.

So bring back the old shop "setup" or offer more that just some gloves, guns, ammo/gas and some other small stuff like this year..

ViskiNalle
Private
Private

Post by ViskiNalle » 08 Jul 2014, 08:40

kastman wrote:Last year the Fins (cant remember the shopname) saved my berget by selling good sleeping bag for a fair price. I know a lot of people that would have wanted this this year also as it was pretty cold and they brought a sleeping bag that did not cut it.

So bring back the old shop "setup" or offer more that just some gloves, guns, ammo/gas and some other small stuff like this year..
The shop is varusteleka.

I also agree that this year's berget shop setup was ten times worse than last year. I was prepared to buy a proper serra because there was a shop last year who sold them.

Bring back last year's setup and get more shops and more retailers to the party.

One good thing the shop had was gas and balls, dirt cheap
B8 - Poldavia
B10 - Zansia
B11 - UA17
B12 - GCT Intelligence unit (Khorne Consulting, Red Cross)
B13 - GCT Para Inf, HQ Platoon
B14 - NAF HQ Platoon
B15 - NAF HQ - CIMIC

Pampers
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Pampers » 09 Oct 2014, 03:43

did not like this years setup, but i did like the selection of some of the high end optics, guns and eye pro. to bad they were sold out of what i wanted/needed.

the staff was Nice, some seemed to be clueless, but heck... :D

and BE! if you want to haul in Moneys! then build a heck of an afterparty! LOTS OF BEER, MUSIC AND FOOD! (maybe even a band) IF you build it then they will come!
B11 GCT
B12 UNISEC
B14 IKAROS Rangers
B15 NAF INF

Hawkins
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hawkins » 09 Oct 2014, 06:51

I recall there has been a live band playing at one of the events. If I'm not mistaken, it was Berget 9. About the party, I actually like how it is now. You can get food and beer (while stocks lasts, notice that they most likely throw away whatever is left so they might not have a stock that lasts the whole events) from the tents and there is music. Not from a live band naturally but nevertheless. What I have noticed is that many players stay at the beer party for a few hours, listening to the after action reports from the crew and to socialize with other players they have been looking through their scopes for a past few days. Sharing a few stories here and there and such, then heading back to their own camps, to hang out with their squads and friends. Personally I like this, since it is what we have done every year. :)
B9 - B17
The Footsoldier