WANTED: PMC footage

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 12
FatMax
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

WANTED: PMC footage

Post by FatMax » 01 Jul 2014, 16:36

On late friday night, we set up a checkpoint in the intersection where you could drive down to the oilfields.

We were standing in a circle discussing as a group of PMC approached (around 2 pm I believe) from the civilian village. We didn't notice their armbands at first and of course they attacked.

However, none of us was taken out. A small miracle one might say. We took all the PMC's out.

I noticed almost everyone of the PMC had cameras (or, I just saw red light on the side of all helmets), so was wondering if it was possible to get this footage? I'm sure our reaction is hilarious at best!

AceCunow
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Re: WANTED: PMC footage

Post by AceCunow » 02 Jul 2014, 11:16

Hey. We had 2 cameras going at that time. The fotage is to dark to be able to see anything though. And a miracle is probably what you can call it. We where 4 guys. 15m away opening up on your group. You where all standing in a heap on the side of the road. All of us opened on full auto on the same group. So yes a miracle. we all got hit. And im sad to say the Bavs didnt work. I sent atleast 10 shots your way before we started firing at you guys. Would have been ok if we atleast took out 1 of your cars.

But on the other hand we had just cleared out your entire base and the terrorist base so we where still hapy.

//Ace
Berget 11 - GCT Sidu B20 Platoon Commander
Berget 12 - PMC Hatchet Company Commander
Berget 13 - Para infantry Platoon Commander
Berget 14 - NAF Infantry Alfa Company Commander
Berget 15 - NAF ACE Company Path Finders
Berget 16 - NAF CO
Berget 17 - TFC CO

Coffe
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Coffe » 03 Jul 2014, 15:28

You stood in a circle/heap and were completely unaware and took fire from only 15 meters away, and decided to shoot back?

Sounds like one of those "No I didn't FEEL any hits but maybe I should consider myself hit anyway"-moments to me.

In a straight up firefight I can understand where both parties are taking cover from the start, and running back and fourth I can agree that it's more difficult to determine when you get hit for a variety of reasons.

But when you know that you got caught with your pants down on a range that close, I think you should tip your hat (and deathrag) to the people who snuck up on you, and curse yourself for being so inattentive and take the hit anyway regardless if you felt it or not (AEG's sometimes underperform or get their hop-up screwed up, we all know that)

I don't care what the rules say or demand, it's just good sportsmanship (which this hobby really needs more of).

I wasn't there, but the whole situation sounds fishy to me.

EDIT: if my comment offends anyone I could tell you a little story from B10 where me and my squad had penetrated deep into enemy territory on our own and managed to scare the crap out of the whole Poldavian mechanized who were just about to make a move on our basecamp that night. And it all ended when we managed to sneak up on roughly 30 Poldavians who were all sitting in a circle around a fireplace, weapons lying on the ground thinking they were completely safe. We opened fire from a range of 10-15 meters and basically hosed them all down.

What did they do you ask? The clearly panicked, reached for their weapons while desperately scrambling for cover and started shooting back. Not a single one took their hits, while we most certainly did because me and my eight guys got mowed down by their return fire.

Just picture it: 10-15 meters, sitting in a circle, caught completely off guard... And not a single kill despite getting hosed by fullauto-fire from 9 people (with one SAW to boot). Does that sound "realistic" or "milsim" to anyone of you?

So yeah, sportsmanship... :)

HerrNilson
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by HerrNilson » 03 Jul 2014, 21:49

It was odd, I was in front of Ace and he was firing the BAV like mad.

I opened up but I wouldn't claim I got any seriously accurate fire off, so apart from the BAV issue not a problem for me.

We had just wiped out their base...so I was pretty happy. Probably one of my airsoft highlights.
Berget 10 - Pol 3 MNT 3 Coy
Berget 11 - GCT SIDU
Berget 12 - PMC Hatchet 1-1
Berget 13 - Para Inf Alpha 3 (BAVS)
Berget 14 - Alpha Company - Alpha 1-0
Berget 15 - Pathfinders
Berget 16 - NAF HQ 2IC

FatMax
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by FatMax » 03 Jul 2014, 23:02

I just want to make this clear once and for all:

Yes, we stood in a circle. But, we were aware of them walking on the road towards us. What gave them away BEFORE thay started firing was their not-so-tactical "on the count of 5 we fire". I clearly heard this, and as I got for cover so did the rest. We were standing between two cars, so cover was 1-2 steps away. They weren't 15 meters away. More like 25-30.

Edit:

The BAVS I'm not sure about. I know ours (Land Rover) was on, we actually forgot to unplug it when we got to base later.

Was it a 40mm grenade? Fired from a normal length grenade launcher?

HerrNilson
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by HerrNilson » 03 Jul 2014, 23:21

Yeah there was no issue about people taking hits. :)
Berget 10 - Pol 3 MNT 3 Coy
Berget 11 - GCT SIDU
Berget 12 - PMC Hatchet 1-1
Berget 13 - Para Inf Alpha 3 (BAVS)
Berget 14 - Alpha Company - Alpha 1-0
Berget 15 - Pathfinders
Berget 16 - NAF HQ 2IC