Debriefing Berget 13.

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 13
L4gi
Captain
Captain

Re: Debriefing Berget 13.

Post by L4gi » 14 Jul 2015, 14:00

we pre-game filled these spots with 6mm crew

*excellent company commanders and platoon leaders, most of whom played with us for the third year straight

The first point is something that seems to be impossible to do. No one wants to spend their time doing HQ stuff, one of the reasons there was no HQ for GCT.

Second point, we managed to fill all platoon/coy leader positions with good people in Paras, but the other sides had problems judging by the forums.
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

igariokas
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by igariokas » 14 Jul 2015, 14:07

Rythm wrote: I can with 100% certainty say that this was not the case amongst the three military parts (Minerva inf, Hermes Mech and Cerberus Milsim) as we pre-game filled these spots with 6mm crew and opted to run a unified HQ just like the last two games. The cooperation with Demeter was really smooth too.

With hindsight i reckon the big difference between blue and red were:

*Unified HQ to run all military ops
Unified HQ ruled. That I think what was mostly lacking on Blue side (my opinion is based on forum discussions).

I have seen HQ at work this year close enough, and it was amazing. whenever any player had a question they were just coming and asking, with all answers provided. Also, the information chain was done very good. All people were more or less informed about situation in the field (even about CP status, there was a billboard on the wall outside, so any person would have possibility to check which CP is under Red or Blue or under attack at any time). The phone numbers of all commanders were written on the big piece of paper, so any other commander had possibility to speak directly. HQ was operating more than 20 hours per day, with somebody always in. and another good thing was that HQ helped a lot in coordination between units, so all units were more or less like an army, not separate squads or platoons. The list there is endless, good HQ with good coordination between units is worth gold at games of this scale.

Not to mention there was pregame planning with all commanders (via Skype calls or forum threads) discussing their oporders and some decision making several weeks before game.

If Blue side would be able to establish same HQ concept, it is a question who would dominate the field.

Igariokas

Rythm
Captain
Captain

Post by Rythm » 14 Jul 2015, 15:03

Thank you Igariokas.

Now, in the interest of balancing the game, I volunteer to go into detail how we operate and important pointers pre-game, so that the command team that will run the opposition next year will get off for a somewhat easier task. While some will say this is giving away secrets and our advantage, i think it is for the benefit for all future Berget events and for all players. Striking up a good balance is more challanging for all involved, and will make the game so much better too. And lets face it, what 6mm does isnt magic. Its experience and common sense and a healthy dose of sexyness rolled into one harmonious 6mm ball!

I firmly believe we need to go into this direction, where a player no longer applies for a command position, but where BE choose between different, competent command teams. There is no way one shoulders this on his/her own. And to get a better game for all, we need good command teams to lead each faction involved.
6mm.se

B9: UN - Platoon commander
B10: Zansian Black Guards - Platoon commander
B11: Ravens - Company commander/Intel officer
B12: Ravens - 2 in Command
B13: Ikaros - 2iC
B15: Mercs - 2iC
B17: GFM - 2iC
B18: GFM - 2iC

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 14 Jul 2015, 16:52

Thats not a bad idea, Rythm. There arent that many competent command teams though, not to run a 600 man strong unit atleast. :P
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 14 Jul 2015, 17:11

1+ for choosing a command team, not an invidual!
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

fruhest
Corporal
Corporal

Post by fruhest » 14 Jul 2015, 19:13

But wouldn't that mean that a player who wants to run for commander but isn't in a 'command team' already wouldn't have a chance at the spot?
Or am I just completely confused by the concept here..?
Yay, airsoft!
B13 - IKAROS - Squad Leader of Jeep Squad
B14 - NAF - Squad Leader of Jeep Squad intelligence unit
B15 - UPIR - Commander of UPIR PsyOps branch

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 14 Jul 2015, 19:32

Invidual players who wan't to play as commanders usually already know with whom they are going to run the unit, if not then they maybe should look into their comrades to form a team. Almost every commander, and people who apply to be a commander, have been in previous Bergets, that should give them a pool of people with whom he or she would like to run the unit. Even better they can start preparing before tickets are sold and have plan/application ready to be presented to Berget-Events, after maybe being selected to lead the plan can be adjusted to fit game plan by the Events. AFAIK this is pretty much what many of the commanders have already done.
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 14 Jul 2015, 20:54

Players who want to be in command but aren't part of a command team, could always apply for 2iC in my opinion. They can provide input, learn the ways of the command team and try and find their way in the group.
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by grasulas » 14 Jul 2015, 21:09

Berget Crew should appoint ONLY ONE SUPREME COMMANDER for each faction, and let that guy to chose his people for Battalion Commands, HQ etc.

Every year in GTC is the same FUBAR situation: you have a so called CTU with 4-5 battalions every single one of them lead by a commander, each one of them with there own missions but no authority to impose a global strategy, to force them all to work as one unit. I don`t want to blame those who step up in command positions, I was in that position and I know how frustrating can be, those people have my respect and compassion, all we need is a guy who can call out the shoots and stop any possible pissing contest between Bat Commanders and the GM Commander is not the answer, at least for GTC is not, look at the last 2 games.

Goggan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Goggan » 02 Aug 2015, 11:05

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0iau6FpNi-khanks every one

You made a great berget 13 for me

Except stupid whom left his alarm clock in the
tent at base on at
sleeping time. While roaming the woods.
KSI CROW
#"Peace in my sight"
B7 Civ Agent BC
B8 Civ Hunter
B9 Pol 3rd
B10 civ Hunter
B11 UA17
B12 civ Undertaker
B13 Hades police
B14 walk over

Michiel676
Private
Private

Post by Michiel676 » 23 Aug 2015, 17:46

To summon it up:

-Berget tents were shit! Having to put up to 45 persons in 1 tent!!! Think about it! Next time will take my own.
-Gamebalance, totally of!! No game can be played like this. As soon as you hold a possition, you get overthrown by a wave of Ikaros who are brought by Mech's.
-GCT Mech, hardly there!!! So if you finaly, after walking 2 hours, get to your target, your bushed, get shot and can walk back again. You will loose motivation.
-GCT Para, no helo's just walking. And how in your normal mind can you think of the fact that you let AirCav get in their vehicle on the road, wich is being shot at bij Ikaros. Instead of letting them mount inside the base, wich any normal army does!!!!!
-Commandstructure, what is that at GCT-side. Our CO's did their best to make the most of it! But they all held it together by a thread!!! No common goal and mission what so ever!!! A lot of Platooncommanders walking around like a chicken without a head!!!
-GCT basedefense/organisation, none what so ever!!!! The enemy could just walk in to the base, the door was open and nothing was organised. This also includes no FOP's, pillboxes, manholes what so ever. No rotation roster, nothing!!!

How can you call yourself a professional organisation as Berget if you can't have these things organised!!!! How can you offer your opponent any good resistance/fight if you have no battle plan!!!! How can you keep your men motivated if you just send them in for a slaughter and make them walk all the time without any main goal and objective to look forward too!!!! How can you adjust your battleplan if you don't use the gathered intel by your man, where they fought hard for, and evaluate it and send out for more!!!!

All in all this Berget was, with a whole lot of other flaws, a very bad one!!!! And I feel like I just threw away E120 for sitting with my ass on a 1 star camping. I've been to previous Bergets and the one's before 10 were the better ones. And I have been to a lot other big events aswell. Then commandstructure was okay, balances were good.

I'm willing, as I have offered many times before to Berget, to take command on me. But Berget only wanted people that they knew and can control before.
Maybe they will dare to take a chance next year, to finaly offer all those players who pay a lot of money for this game, a good and structured and balanced game. So let's hope they will learn a lesson from all this feedback.

Otherwise I don't think I will ever be back, as these trips cost a lot of money and the way it is now, it is not worth it anymore!!!! As this year was a big letdown :( :cry: :twisted:

Verage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Verage » 24 Aug 2015, 10:46

Michiel676 wrote:To summon it up:

-GCT Para, no helo's just walking. And how in your normal mind can you think of the fact that you let AirCav get in their vehicle on the road, wich is being shot at bij Ikaros. Instead of letting them mount inside the base, wich any normal army does!!!!!
There were SAM unites from Ikaros arround the GCT base for a long time.
I heard that that was the reason that the Helicopters were not allowed to fly out.

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 24 Aug 2015, 11:49

Indeed. SAM sites covered the entire zone they were in, as defined by the capture zone map.
An Ikaros SAM site on your side of the border would mean that helicopters can't land in your base, but since the road was in a different capture zone, that area was safe.
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 24 Aug 2015, 13:25

Agreed that the SAM's did play havoc for us, but also agreed that the helos were not best handled.

And I take your point Michiel676, which is why I am making it a personal object to resolve these issues with Berget Crew for the next game.

If I get my way then the image below will be very symbolic of what GCT will look like next year.....

:team:

PS. I am the one on the right with a bottle of beer in my hand LOL
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 25 Aug 2015, 19:14

Offgame photo with the beer, I trust? ;)
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr