The CP points

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 13

What did you think about the new capture point system ?

It was really good!
27%
Good, but in need of some improval.
64%
It was not god since i did not get login to the map.
10%
Dont use this system anymore.
No votes

Total votes: 94

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

The CP points

Post by Berget-events » 29 Jun 2015, 18:57

What did you think about the new capture point system ? What did the commanders that saw the map think? What do you think about adding symbols like paradrops etc on map ?
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: The CP points

Post by grasulas » 29 Jun 2015, 22:55

Great addition to the game but you need to put a light to indicate when the CP has a link, other wise everyone will start respawning at that CP as soon they claim it.

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 29 Jun 2015, 23:45

grasulas wrote:Great addition to the game but you need to put a light to indicate when the CP has a link, other wise everyone will start respawning at that CP as soon they claim it.
yes that is allready added to list of upgrades for next year. It will be a led light indicating if respawn is active and who is holding it.
Berget-events

info@berget-events.com

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 30 Jun 2015, 02:08

Being a regular trigger-puller, I never logged on to view the map (and my hip retro-phone wouldn't be able to anyway), but I really really like the concept here!

My main issue with these was mainly related to placement. None of them were near roads, when in reality a road (and crossroads, especially) is one of the most strategically important pieces of terrain. Having CP's near roads and at important junctions would let the mechanized units be more involved with capturing and defending these also.

The other issue I have with the current implementation of CP's is that capturing them and defending them should take more time. The few times we were on foot and trying to stop the GCT from capturing a CP, they were already gone by the time we got there. The point was recaptured, but it didn't involve any fighting, and that kinda defies the point.

Adding symbols like paradrops: maybe, if one of the sides has a working radar.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Sevas
Private
Private

Post by Sevas » 30 Jun 2015, 06:23

Will there be any summary of how long each side had held each CP Point?
Grey Stone - "Stand Firm"

Berget 8 - Poldavian Infantry
Berget 9 - Poldavian Mt
Berget 10 - Poldavian Mt
Berget 11 - Blood Ravens
Berget 12 - Ravens Guerilla
Berget 13 - Ikaros Infantry
Berget 14 - UPIR Infantry
Berget 15 - UPIR Infantry
Berget 16 - UPIR Infantry
Berget 17 - GFM Infantry

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 30 Jun 2015, 08:08

Sevas wrote:Will there be any summary of how long each side had held each CP Point?
yes we will publish the logs.
Berget-events

info@berget-events.com

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 30 Jun 2015, 09:00

Panzergraf wrote:My main issue with these was mainly related to placement. None of them were near roads, when in reality a road (and crossroads, especially) is one of the most strategically important pieces of terrain. Having CP's near roads and at important junctions would let the mechanized units be more involved with capturing and defending these also.

This. It will only work though if both sides have equal strength mechanized. This year it wouldve been horrible as the vehicle balance was something rediculous. :D
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

beast
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by beast » 30 Jun 2015, 10:18

To me cp is a great improvement but the main problem is that if you don't constantly defend them, you're gonna lose them as soon as you walk away.
I'm honestly not sure about actual rules, but a good improvement for next year could be to add a given time since the cp cannot be reconquered by opponents.

Ex: cgt caputure a cp, it will hold it for next 120 mins no matter what.
B6 Convoy Operations ->Nato India II
B10 Final Strike -> 3° Ranger Archer 4
B11 Iron Walls -> SFODU Hotel 9
B12 Lords of War -> CGT Ranger Bravo 4
B13 Siege of Krasnovo -> CGT Ranger
B14 Black Gold -> Ranger
B15 Thunder Run -> FINBAT wolverine 8

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 30 Jun 2015, 11:08

L4gi wrote:
Panzergraf wrote:My main issue with these was mainly related to placement. None of them were near roads, when in reality a road (and crossroads, especially) is one of the most strategically important pieces of terrain. Having CP's near roads and at important junctions would let the mechanized units be more involved with capturing and defending these also.

This. It will only work though if both sides have equal strength mechanized. This year it wouldve been horrible as the vehicle balance was something rediculous. :D
No, you could still take and hold a roadside CP with infantry.
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 30 Jun 2015, 11:27

In theory yes, but not when you are like 200 people down. Things in general tend to work out to more fun for everyone if "small" things like even sides playerwise are taken care of. :)
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

Stelios
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Stelios » 30 Jun 2015, 11:28

the CP system worked very nice as I felt it

it is a very good way to claim and hold the critical strategic points of a war area.

unfortunately, I felt that the people in command didnt really realise how important is after the capture we should hold and secure the CPs. Also how important was to let the units know which CPs we had in our hands so to save some fatigue , complains and exchaustion as people were using longer respawns or even going back to main base.

also I have to make a proposal. Generally, as I organize large events myself, I generally believe that in airsoft respawns should be kept in close distance from areas of possible conflict. This mainly because people when they have to walk down a hill 500m to respawn or even worse some kilometers to go back to base, then a large percentage will behave with two main ways. First they either dont take their hits, secondly they will feel very tired to get back in battle, so you loose them for some hours or even for a whole day.

Alternatevily, units should have the freedom to set forward bases (FOB) near (100m or 200m the most) to their area of interest in order to attack (or defend) and use it as respawn there. The enemy , if he finds out where the FOB is he could destroy it and push back the attackers!

that way you keep the respawn at close distance to the area of engagement. People dont get excausted and you increase the chances for them to play honest. And dont forget that this is realistic as when you plan to operate at an area usually you secure a landing zone LZ which gives reinforcmements (respawn) and supplies (bbs water)

I strongly believe that, up to a certain point, the organizer of an event and his choices has great effect on the behaviour of the players that participate!! If you get them too tired using long walks to respawn then honesty is very much affected!!! I am not talking about all the players but about a very big percentage that really destroys the quality of the game and irritates all of us!!!
BE 13 - GCT RANGER
BE 15 - NAF Charlie Company Commander

www.Rethimnoairsoft.gr

HerrNilson
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by HerrNilson » 30 Jun 2015, 12:04

CPs were really nice, I think Berget is on to a good concept with this approach. The comments regarding placement of CPs and also indicating to those in the field by way of an LED light are good improvements.

My feedback here is echo'd by previous comments, it was really nice to recon a CP move in, secure and hold. Or even to fight and secure it. However a couple of times we secured CPs or were in the midst of fighting to secure one (epic battle against Red Mec and Inft over CP 11 on Friday) only to have an order come over the net from command to pull our Blue units out and return to base.

I'm not a lazy guy, im in shape and my kit is relatively light but it was extremely demoralizing to have moved out stealthily, recon a position and hold it and be in the midst of a firefight for the next CP and to have that command to abandon CP 10 come through. I want to follow orders so instead of respawning in the field I went back to base and sat in my camp chair for a few hours until another order came through to take a CP which required 10 and 11 to be held in order to be active (we lost those two to red when we withdrew), we took the new CP but were nailed in an epic flanking manover by Norwegian reds.

I'm just a grunt in this game so perhaps the higher purpose was lost on me. Para should be cutting off enemy CPs, disrupting their supply line, infantry should be securing CPs to link up our supply line. That to me is what Berget GM's had in mind with the system and it would have been cool. So my critisim is not for Berget but for BLUFOR command, Berget your on to a winner with this system.
Berget 10 - Pol 3 MNT 3 Coy
Berget 11 - GCT SIDU
Berget 12 - PMC Hatchet 1-1
Berget 13 - Para Inf Alpha 3 (BAVS)
Berget 14 - Alpha Company - Alpha 1-0
Berget 15 - Pathfinders
Berget 16 - NAF HQ 2IC

beast
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by beast » 30 Jun 2015, 12:07

Point for stelios
B6 Convoy Operations ->Nato India II
B10 Final Strike -> 3° Ranger Archer 4
B11 Iron Walls -> SFODU Hotel 9
B12 Lords of War -> CGT Ranger Bravo 4
B13 Siege of Krasnovo -> CGT Ranger
B14 Black Gold -> Ranger
B15 Thunder Run -> FINBAT wolverine 8

JCastor
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by JCastor » 30 Jun 2015, 15:57

The checkpoint-system was a very nice addition to the game. The big problem was information, I knew how the actual checkpoint worked but how did I know if we held enough to spawn at my checkpoint.
As far as I know there was no live-feed for regular soldiers. I have searched and asked around, might still have missed it though. Tried to call my commander, he could not tell me which points where held.
It was a lot of fun to have a chance to actually claim checkpoints though.
B10 - Poldavian 5th Inf. - 2:nd Squad-leader
B11 - Ravens Inf. - Squad-leader
B12 - Ravens Inf. - Pl-leader
B13 - Ikaros inf. - Pl-leader
B14 - UPIR Inf. - Pl-leader
B15 - UPIR Heavy Weapons and Demolitions
B16 - Absent 😔
B17 - GFM inf.
B18 - GFM inf. - Pl-leader

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 30 Jun 2015, 17:01

Stelios wrote:Generally, as I organize large events myself, I generally believe that in airsoft respawns should be kept in close distance from areas of possible conflict.
I organize quite a few games myself, and I disagree. With the spawns too close to the areas of conflict, you end up with and endless stream of players going back and forth between spawn points and where the fighting happens. This leads to very static gameplay. There's a lot of shooting, but the action lacks consequence.

And with several areas of conflict, each with spawnpoints nearby, Berget would cease to be one large event and instead turn into dozens of sunday skirmishes scattered around the map.
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.