The larp within the airsoftgame

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 13

Did you like Larp on B13

Yes! Add more!
70
79%
It was ok!
14
16%
No, it was not good. Less larp
5
6%
 
Total votes: 89

User avatar
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 1940
Joined: 30 Jan 2006, 21:22
Location: Sweden
Contact:

The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by Berget-events » 29 Jun 2015, 19:00

This is the first year that the civilians did not have any weapons from start and all players respected that civilians where neutral.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 568
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by Arradin » 29 Jun 2015, 22:30

More, MORE!
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

stub
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 7
Joined: 18 Jun 2011, 18:21

Re: The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by stub » 29 Jun 2015, 22:33

also voting for a second options: cheaper tickets for the civilians ! Yes
B9 - UN Forces
B13 - Hades Police
B14 - Mec Naf

User avatar
Seventh
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 58
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 22:25
Location: Denmark, Copenhagen.

Re: The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by Seventh » 29 Jun 2015, 22:35

I would say that Berget should try to go even further with the LARP/Civilian concept for next year, it felt real and it gave the whole town depth. You had an incredible band of villagers that knew how to keep the game alive, even in downtime and that goes for everyone of the civilians. Hopefully we'll see even more LARP/Civilians next year :)
And yes, as STUB says cheaper civilian tickets would surely lure in more civies!

PDog
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 47
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:51

Re: The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by PDog » 29 Jun 2015, 22:46

stub wrote:also voting for a second options: cheaper tickets for the civilians ! Yes
I (and a few others) said this last year too. Berget, you really ought to cut down the prices for LARP'ers. They bring so much life and colour into the game.

But it was great. I really enjoyed talking to the few LARPers I met or interacting with LARP elements. Compliments.

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 568
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by Arradin » 29 Jun 2015, 22:59

This year, we Civilians got a CRAP TON of stuff bought for us. Most of what you saw in the town, the stuff you bought in the Bar, the Coffie that the crafters made you... These were provided by Berget events.

We also had the oppertunity during a short time to bring another player to the game for free, sadly the window of time for that offer was way too short to make anything of, for me.

Civilian players also need the same amount of Logistics (almost) as a normal player, and MORE GM Support.

Ofcourse i want the Civilian price to be cheaper, but not at the cost of quality like we had this year.

More will be explained in detailed Civilian reviews that all civilians has been asked to write here.
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

Shinobi
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 6
Joined: 23 May 2014, 21:14

Re: The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by Shinobi » 30 Jun 2015, 01:36

Loved the civilians this year!

The only thing i felt was a bit amiss was not having ingame currency to interact with the civilians, and I felt it limited the interaction a bit. After threatening with a strike, we got more money, and it was easier to engage in larping.

More civilians please! :D You made my game this year!
B12 - PMC Unisec Rifleman/Medic
B13 - Hades Police Force MG/Medic
B16 - UPIR

soderstr
Private
Private
Posts: 14
Joined: 17 Nov 2010, 16:17
Location: Finland

Re: The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by soderstr » 30 Jun 2015, 09:27

Having civilians LARPing is basically an excellent thing. It adds realism to the game. As an milsim player, I really appreciate those who play REAL civilians. Military does not work in it's own private world, but has to adjust to the surroundings. Having civilians around means that you can't just shoot everybody. What I do not want in the game is super-hyper-secret triple agents with drugs raising them from the dead.

Unfortunately, this year I saw one reporter along the road once. As we did not really get into Krasnovo, we missed all good LARPing and newspapers etc.
B9: The Firm/Zansian Black Ops, Charlie
B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion, Bravo
B11: GCT SFODU, Victor
B12: Orlov Mercs, Infantry, Alpha
B13: GCT Sappers & Engineers, 1st Platoon
B14: NAF, Infantry, Bravo
B15: NAF, Mechanized, FinBat, Lynx 1

User avatar
B2fox
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 139
Joined: 04 Jul 2013, 19:33
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by B2fox » 30 Jun 2015, 09:27

Lets have more of them !
They were awsome, and made the whole game, a lot better.
Shinobi wrote:Loved the civilians this year!

The only thing i felt was a bit amiss was not having ingame currency to interact with the civilians, and I felt it limited the interaction a bit. After threatening with a strike, we got more money, and it was easier to engage in larping.
The lack of currency/sallery, were quickly overcome.
We made a shitload of money, from "protection" fake ID's, fines and other things :P
Nikolaj "B2" Poulsen - Team ILD I PIBEN

http://www.ildipiben.com
-----------------------------
B11 & B12: Ravens
B13: IKAROS Tank driver/Platoon leader
B14: NAF Delta
B15 & B16: Mercenaries "IIP Services"
B17: "Anything, Anywhere, Anytime"

User avatar
Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee
Posts: 900
Joined: 26 Nov 2007, 13:14
Location: Norway

Re: The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by Tiger_1 » 30 Jun 2015, 12:56

First of, I would like to thank all the people conducting LARP for not pushing it in my face as has been the case during previous Berget. What little I saw fell into two categories, the good players staying in character and arguing their case (the "priest" at the church stopping us from using the bell tower for a MG post).
And the bad type focusing on war crimes committed because somehow people think that torture and summary execution are in some way funny....please focus more on the first kind, and not at all on the last kind.

The dedicated roles (as I have understood was a requirement this year) seems to have worked well, the no guns also. Agree that civilians might get a reduced ticket price to compensate for their special role in the game.

Not sure if the nr needs to increase, unless the space for them is increasingly bigger. And would like to point out that this is still an airsoft event, not LARP.

But overall, good job by the civilian faction, you seem to have added to the game for most players :)
"go to your God like a soldier!"

User avatar
Felix
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 77
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 18:17

Re: The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by Felix » 30 Jun 2015, 14:05

The editor and journalist(friends of mine) spent a fair amount of time documenting and writing about war crimes and generally military bad behaviour, we felt that this should be brought to the attention of civilian players so that it would have an impact on how they perceived the factions. Hopefully this might make military larp players and others think more about when to commit or not commit war crimes in the game.

In my personal vision of a perfect civilian larp game within Berget, the civilians would be many(~200) and be independent, not subjugated from the start. There should be little benefit to the airsoft war in taking over the civilians completely, so there is a good chance they are left with certain freedoms. Preferably this would involve a bigger village, or even two villages.

For pricing I would personally prefer that civilians could attend as roles that are completely unable to handle weapons for free, roles that start without but who can use weapons(like this year) for reduced cost, and civvy police/militia at full price, and with serious instructions not to interfere and ruin the game for airsofters by pretending to be Steven Segal.
B12: UA 17
B13: Ismoili Khoshbakht, owner of Import Export Transport Inc.
B14: Civilian

User avatar
fruhest
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 41
Joined: 17 Feb 2015, 02:32
Location: Karlskrona, Sweden
Contact:

Re: The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by fruhest » 30 Jun 2015, 15:06

Arradin wrote:This year, we Civilians got a CRAP TON of stuff bought for us. Most of what you saw in the town, the stuff you bought in the Bar, the Coffie that the crafters made you... These were provided by Berget events.

We also had the oppertunity during a short time to bring another player to the game for free, sadly the window of time for that offer was way too short to make anything of, for me.

Civilian players also need the same amount of Logistics (almost) as a normal player, and MORE GM Support.

Ofcourse i want the Civilian price to be cheaper, but not at the cost of quality like we had this year.

More will be explained in detailed Civilian reviews that all civilians has been asked to write here.
I did not know this, and it makes more sense to me now that the prices for the civilians were as high as the airsofters.
However, I do believe the game will be more pleasurable to everyone if there are more civilians to LARP with, and so maybe just reducing the price by like, one or 200 SEK would be a huge thing for many larpers who want to come.

You could also have the option of maybe go there earlier and help out build the village for a cheaper price maybe?
Yay, airsoft!
B13 - IKAROS - Squad Leader of Jeep Squad
B14 - NAF - Squad Leader of Jeep Squad intelligence unit
B15 - UPIR - Commander of UPIR PsyOps branch

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 568
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by Arradin » 30 Jun 2015, 17:59

fruhest wrote:
Arradin wrote:This year, we Civilians got a CRAP TON of stuff bought for us. Most of what you saw in the town, the stuff you bought in the Bar, the Coffie that the crafters made you... These were provided by Berget events.

We also had the oppertunity during a short time to bring another player to the game for free, sadly the window of time for that offer was way too short to make anything of, for me.

Civilian players also need the same amount of Logistics (almost) as a normal player, and MORE GM Support.

Ofcourse i want the Civilian price to be cheaper, but not at the cost of quality like we had this year.

More will be explained in detailed Civilian reviews that all civilians has been asked to write here.
I did not know this, and it makes more sense to me now that the prices for the civilians were as high as the airsofters.
However, I do believe the game will be more pleasurable to everyone if there are more civilians to LARP with, and so maybe just reducing the price by like, one or 200 SEK would be a huge thing for many larpers who want to come.

You could also have the option of maybe go there earlier and help out build the village for a cheaper price maybe?
I agree with you.
BE Events stated that this was an experiement this year, to focus more on pure LARP ( which hasnt been done previous years ) , and once they have evaluated this year, im sure they will come to the conclution that they want more LARPers, and that must mean dropping the price. They need to.

From all the information i have heard and read so far, everyone, Civilians or not, loved the LARP element this year atleast. So i really hope to see more of it next year!
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

User avatar
Robin-Hood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 145
Joined: 28 Mar 2010, 18:17

Re: The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by Robin-Hood » 30 Jun 2015, 23:51

How it should have always been in my opinion. Armed civilians kills the LARP
Founder of Scimitar MILSIM Team

Berget History:
  • Berget 9 - Poldavian
    Berget 10 - Poldavian
    Berget 11 - GCT Taskforce

User avatar
Felix
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 77
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 18:17

Re: The larp within the airsoftgame

Post by Felix » 01 Jul 2015, 10:03

Robin-Hood wrote:How it should have always been in my opinion. Armed civilians kills the LARP
A lot of the players had handguns fairly early in the game this year. My gang had an M249 hidden under the floor from thursday to saturday.

The difference from say UA17 is we had actual written roles to play who did not want to conduct black ops or get themselves killed in other dumb ways. So the guns mostly stayed hidden and were not even considered used until the "endgame" fight.
B12: UA 17
B13: Ismoili Khoshbakht, owner of Import Export Transport Inc.
B14: Civilian

Post Reply