Suggestions how to LARP as a prisoner

For all NAF (Nordic alliance force) soldiers
M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Suggestions how to LARP as a prisoner

Post by M.Koho » 18 Jun 2016, 13:53

I have personally played in a larp role just once, but anyways I decided to give some suggestions how to have a good larp experience. I decided to wrote this into our section rather than into open forum because I am going to give a sort of ”mission oriented” look into larping, specially in a situation where one is held as a prisoner. Many times as prisoner are hold the situation turns into shits n giggles laught fest where interrogation resembles a sketch or big joke. There is nothing wrong in this, of course.

If some wants a more coherent larptime as POW he might want to stick in role. One good role could be to remain in name-rank-number-unit-mode (maybe use ones Berget player number?) as this is something in real life soldiers are trained to do. This can develop into tense interrogation that might give more than usual jokes. Also, it gives all players involed different and interesting experience. It might be also wiser ingame wise as you are not giving any intel to enemy. In my point even when as captive player should keep to play for his team and keep giving to games nature as milsim/larp airsoft game. Of course making the whole situation into laughfest also distracts enemy from asking and getting answers. One way is to try to give misinformation to enemy, but it is more difficult to keep up for whole duration of time as POW.

All in all, making a role and keeping to it up (whether it is name/rank/number/unit or some other) is most important to have good time as captive and still to be as beneficial as possible to your team. And for end I have to warn everyone: sometimes players are tricked to give information by giving fake truth serum. Truth serum is not real if you don't receive a injury card with all the correct markings! (Berget events logo etc.) If you are unsure, you can always ask for trustee or Berget Events gamemaster.
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

Rabagast
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Suggestions how to LARP as a prisoner

Post by Rabagast » 18 Jun 2016, 20:13

M.Koho wrote:Many times as prisoner are hold the situation turns into shits n giggles laught fest where interrogation resembles a sketch or big joke. There is nothing wrong in this, of course.

Just a small heads up on this:

In these times of hybrid warfare going around, and Sweden in particular being on its toes after som weird happenings, remember that videos and pictures might get taken out of context and used as proof for something completely different.

That being said, please refrain from using "the mighty wooden dildo of truth" or whatnot people bring out during interrogations. It is stupid. Really, really, really stupid. And everytime, somebody gets it on tape and uploads it to youtube. That way, everyone who wants to ban airsoft in the EU in these times of weapon law changes can do a quick search for Berget videos to find out why supposedly grown up people shouldn't be allowed to do this.

Keep in mind standard treatment of POW, but feel free to play Good cop/Bad cop - within some boundaries. Laughs and giggles can be fun, and weird interrogations as well. By LARPing the interrogator properly, everyones experience heightens. By pounding prisoners with weird shit you're only roleplaying Abu Ghraib.

If you're a prisoner and the other side brings out their weird shit, please just go off game.

Lokke
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lokke » 20 Jun 2016, 01:22

As Rabagast said. Go off game if you do not enjoy what is happening. But remember you wil have to give up
any maps or notes you are carrying. Not what you have in your head. Regard yourselfe as dead, an they are searching your body.

I enjoy larping, civilians, vip, but not with prisoners.

What I do is telling the prisoner to go offgame. And give up the information. Informing them that in a real
situation they would be stripped and tied up. So there are no reason to not show information you carry.

If not, take the prisoner a place out of sight and make them take of their kith and uniform. Down to their underwear.

Thats the point I go offgame if I am a prisoner. And show all information I am carrying...

It is important that you offer the player to go offgame again and again!

-----
One last thing. Whatever prisoner larping you do, keep it out of sight.

If the player is super duper hardcore, go through his kit, knifekill, and let him go.
Berget 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ,13, 14. 15. Soon 16

Lokke

www.ostfoldmilsim.no
fb: Ostfoldmilsim

munkki
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by munkki » 20 Jun 2016, 23:03

Lokke wrote: If not, take the prisoner a place out of sight and make them take of their kith and uniform. Down to their underwear.
This is what i do every time if i don't find what i want. (Boots, hats, rigs are loaded with maps and money). Also i'm willing to go bare naked as i don't give up that easily, but surely i will also call "game off" when i hear sound of nitrile gloves behind of me.
Have taken also some water torture in Finnish game and gave up when i got to point of panic.
Berget 12 i had tornado grenade at my perineum and after all got 3 man down as prisoner. All this and i'm actually more of speedballer. :cooltank:
B7 SRP
B8 Pold
B9 Firm/ NAF/ Zansian Black Ops
B10 Zansian "Black guard" Inf. Bat.
B11 SFODU
B12 PMC MECH
B13 GCT MECH

Lokke
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lokke » 21 Jun 2016, 00:15

Basically it comes down to two things.

Larping a prisoner (Both are into it)

Or strip.

Anyway. Keep it ought of sight.

Videos or pictures you do not post.

Not executions either.
Berget 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ,13, 14. 15. Soon 16

Lokke

www.ostfoldmilsim.no
fb: Ostfoldmilsim

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 21 Jun 2016, 08:04

And the water torture was carried out by the specially trained finish torture command? What you just said there, is the whole reason why POW treatment should NOT be part of airsoft games. Because some idiots take what they see in a movie and think it is cool!
Please everyone, do us all a favor for all future airsoft games, just call off game and say, "you got me, have you guys had a great game so far?" And then wait the required time and ask if you can get a lift part of the way home....
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Miksu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Miksu » 22 Jun 2016, 06:01

If I am not interested to do any POW larp stuff and I kind of "give up" right away and I should handle all my ingame stuff like maps etc to the enemy. Do that mean I need to physically give my paper map to them so I need to find new one somewhere or is it fine if I just show it to them with all the marks I have made to it. And does that applied also to my electronic devices like hand GPS unit and radio?
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized
B16 - UPIR Recon

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 22 Jun 2016, 09:09

Miksu wrote:If I am not interested to do any POW larp stuff and I kind of "give up" right away and I should handle all my ingame stuff like maps etc to the enemy. Do that mean I need to physically give my paper map to them so I need to find new one somewhere or is it fine if I just show it to them with all the marks I have made to it. And does that applied also to my electronic devices like hand GPS unit and radio?
There are "INGAME" Material like Oporders, maps and such. They need to be given up ( If you ask them , they will just take a picture of the map and give it back ).

Ofcourse you do not need to give personal stuff such as GPS/Radio.
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 22 Jun 2016, 13:44

Miksu wrote:If I am not interested to do any POW larp stuff and I kind of "give up" right away and I should handle all my ingame stuff like maps etc to the enemy. Do that mean I need to physically give my paper map to them so I need to find new one somewhere or is it fine if I just show it to them with all the marks I have made to it. And does that applied also to my electronic devices like hand GPS unit and radio?
Reason not to put any markings on those ;) Then you can just show your enemy that there are no markings and be on your way. I would also suggest that every leader puts a passcode on phone (if using it ingame) and before getting caught "larps" to destroy all comms equipment and important ingame data so enemy doesn't get to them.
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

Miksu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Miksu » 22 Jun 2016, 21:54

Well I am going to use mostly GPS map only which I am not going to handle to anyone. Probably have paper version on somewhere in case of weak signal or batteries die. But I am not going to make any markings. It would be maybe also good idea to pack up my laptop so I can rewrite our radios if anyone get caught up and he formated all channels and data from it.
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized
B16 - UPIR Recon