The new "Forts" FAD & Oilrefinery

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 14
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

The new "Forts" FAD & Oilrefinery

Post by Berget-events » 04 Jul 2016, 17:37

Our main strategi with the forts where to have something that actual had value close to the base. Just to minimize the number of morning base rapes. How did it work ?
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Re: The new "Forts" FAD & Oilrefinery

Post by Berget-events » 04 Jul 2016, 18:23

Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 05 Jul 2016, 13:56

It was much better to be able to fight for them using the checkpoint control system, rather than reporting back a reference number that might be posted near a fuel dump.

They were a good location from the base as well.
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force

Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Klings » 09 Jul 2016, 10:02

Yes. Better to fight over a object rather than a number plate.
68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn

MiqaFox
Corporal
Corporal

Post by MiqaFox » 12 Jul 2016, 00:47

Overall liked it. I however dislike that they were active during the night, at least with the way they worked now. Nobody wants guard duty during the night, and capturing it had a HUGE impact on the game. Was pretty lame to wake up to an entirely blue map because people want to sleep. Either have it off game during base off game hours, or decrease the reward of hitting it during those hours.
B11-12: Ravens
B13: Ikaros
B14-16: UPIR
B17: GFM
"If at first you don't succeed, go get a .50 cal" - DemolitionRanch

NumbNuts
Private
Private

Post by NumbNuts » 12 Jul 2016, 01:17

MiqaFox wrote:I however dislike that they were active during the night, at least with the way they worked now. Nobody wants guard duty during the night, and capturing it had a HUGE impact on the game. Was pretty lame to wake up to an entirely blue map because people want to sleep. Either have it off game during base off game hours, or decrease the reward of hitting it during those hours.
I for one disagree. Night ops are fun and exciting. And what's wrong with guard duty if you're rested. And if you aren't rested, why is that?
B14: Peter Fellman - UN Biologist aka the wandering doctor

MiqaFox
Corporal
Corporal

Post by MiqaFox » 12 Jul 2016, 09:41

Nothing against nightops, it just had too much impact as of now. Consider this:
Daytime, fort guarded by a small force (or none) gets attacked and taken. The attackers now have to hold it against the other team, which will make it it's main priority to reclaim it (or otherwise pretty much all missions in the field will be compromised). As it lies in close vicinity to the base, pretty much anyone can and will help reclaim it, making the 30 min hold a very difficult task.

Now on nighttime, same scenario, but the possible handful of people guarding it may be the only ones awake. So when they are dead, there is (almost) no others to reclaim it as they are either asleep or in the field, making the task substantially easier.

Since the capture of it pretty much leads to a total domination of the entire field, it should be very difficult to succeed with such a task. Which I believe will be too easy during nighttime. By all means have it live during off game hours, but not with such a great in game impact.
B11-12: Ravens
B13: Ikaros
B14-16: UPIR
B17: GFM
"If at first you don't succeed, go get a .50 cal" - DemolitionRanch

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 12 Jul 2016, 22:03

I totally get what you are saying MiqaFox.

But I think a number of factors come in to play. The NAF defending against a large attack during the early hours of Friday morning. The FAD was overrun, but they managed to muster up enough people to take it back.

The 24 hours later the NAF hit the oil refinery, managed to overrun it and retain it for the 30 minutes, due to no further resistance being met.

I think the difference is the extra 24 hours in the field left UPIR players a lot more tired than the NAF players were the night before. In addition, we had rain during the Friday, so the area was wet. Players laying in a nice warm sleeping bag find it much harder to motivate themselves to get up and fight in the wet. There were other factors involved as well but these will remain confidential as they led to other tactical advantages. :P

But I do take your point. This is where a balance needs to be found between realism and the fact that most players do not wish to experience a fully immersive military simulation.

GBB
Private
Private

Post by GBB » 13 Jul 2016, 18:12

wormbyte wrote:The 24 hours later the NAF hit the oil refinery, managed to overrun it and retain it for the 30 minutes, due to no further resistance being met.

I think the difference is the extra 24 hours in the field left UPIR players a lot more tired than the NAF players were the night before. In addition, we had rain during the Friday, so the area was wet. Players laying in a nice warm sleeping bag find it much harder to motivate themselves to get up and fight in the wet. There were other factors involved as well but these will remain confidential as they led to other tactical advantages. :P
Being on the UPIR side, and at that time @ base, I was walking around, talking to various (large) groups who were packing their things. Upon me asking them why they were packing, the responses were generally along the lines of having met too many NAF players not taking hits, disregarding MEDs and a number of other complaints. I've noticed a hell of a lot injured folks (blood pockmarks and such). It was not a question of people staying put in their warm sleeping bags, but rather that they just didn't care anymore fighting folks who didn't care for rules.

Now, I'm not blaming the entire NAF and there's absolutely bound to be UPIR forces disregarding MEDs and such, but yeah. A lot of our actual fighting forces just gave up, too bad.

[Edit] Heck, I've seen half asleep UPIR forces dressed in nothing but a pair of undies and safety glasses leading charges against base attacking NAF. Time after time after time. We obviously don't care for warm sleeping bags. :wank:

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 13 Jul 2016, 18:54

Fair enough mate, it was just a theory.

But as a member of UPIR, you would naturally be in a better position to comment on this.

NAF player also shared the same experience from some of the comments I heard during the event. Whether it was more or less, it's impossible to say. Either way it is an issue that needs to be seriously addressed.

Verage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Verage » 13 Jul 2016, 23:03

One quote to remember, Upir dude on top of the 'hill' shoutin : FOLLOW THE DUDE WITH NO PANTS!
Well it worked :) people started following that one dude with no pants and got the NAF out our base. :D

Sebbe
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Sebbe » 23 Jul 2016, 01:13

wormbyte wrote:I totally get what you are saying MiqaFox.

But I think a number of factors come in to play. The NAF defending against a large attack during the early hours of Friday morning. The FAD was overrun, but they managed to muster up enough people to take it back.

The 24 hours later the NAF hit the oil refinery, managed to overrun it and retain it for the 30 minutes, due to no further resistance being met.

But I do take your point. This is where a balance needs to be found between realism and the fact that most players do not wish to experience a fully immersive military simulation.
MIght be due to UPIR HQ telling us to "go to sleep and leave it" the night before, that kinda pissed us off.
B7- NATO, Bravo Coy, 2'nd Platoon, 1'st Squad
Crapgame wrote:Put a sticker on it that says, "shoot me im with B5"

leonidas
Private
Private

Post by leonidas » 26 Oct 2016, 18:52

About the cheating complaints/accusations/you name it:

This is airsoft. Unfortunately, some people will cheat. And I'm pretty sure that if you asked one of the NAF guys he would say the same thing about UPIR guys not taking their hits and so on. The best (and only, really) thing to do is to get hold of Berget crew.

Just my 2 cents here. Now play hard all year and get ready for Berget 15! :)
B10 - Fox 2-3 Recon, NAF 23rd Inf Battalion
B11 - Blood Ravens, Talon 1, Platoon 2
B12 - PMC UNISEC
B13 - GCT Para Infantry
B14 - NAF Inf - PL 2iC
B15 - NAF Inf - PL 2iC
B16 - UPIR Infantry - PL, Charlie 1
B17 - TFC Rangers, SL, Z 1-2
B18 - GCT Recon, SL