Capturepoints & Mission

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 14
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Capturepoints & Mission

Post by Berget-events » 04 Jul 2016, 17:38

this year we added a few more "extra missions" besides the ones in OP order. Was it to few extra missions?
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Jakobsson [g.b.m]
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Capturepoints & Mission

Post by Jakobsson [g.b.m] » 05 Jul 2016, 09:52

It is always to few missons.

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 05 Jul 2016, 13:24

The missions were excellent and made perfect sense in the storyline. At times a few extra would've been nice, at other times we had a bit too many at once.

All in all, I was very happy with the missions.
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 05 Jul 2016, 13:59

I really like the capture points, however I preferred them last year when their was the concept of a supply line, rather than zone domination like this year.

I think there definately needs a way to be able to see if players can respawn at a check point. There were players from both sides respawning from a captured check point even though the zone as a whole was not captured. I am not sure if the rule was made clear enough, and even it is was, most players would not know if they had captured the whole zone and thus allowing respawns.

But a controlled flow of sub-missions are needed. I agree that sometimes there was not enough, and at other times there was far too much stuff happening at the same time.

Maybe they should be presented as target opportunities which command can then make in to a mission or not.
Last edited by wormbyte on 05 Jul 2016, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 05 Jul 2016, 16:05

wormbyte wrote:
But a controlled flow of sub-missions are needed. I agree that sometimes there was not enough, and at other times there was far too much stuff happening at the same time.

Maybe they should be presented as target opportunities which command command can then to make in to a mission or not.
I agree with this, but even the smallest sidemission require so much coordination, and to have say two different missions for you to chose from would mean we have to Coordinate both outcomes at the same time, which is very VERY difficult to do.

The missing Diplomat mission at the start was given in the last second on purpose ;)
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by grasulas » 06 Jul 2016, 00:31

wormbyte wrote:I really like the capture points, however I preferred them last year when their was the concept of a supply line, rather than zone domination like this year.

I think there definately needs a way to be able to see if players can respawn at a check point. There were players from both sides respawning from a captured check point even though the zone as a whole was not captured. ....

I agree 110% with Ian on this, I was one of the fortunate ones with access to tactical map, but majority of the players had no access to that map and most of the times no radio comms with the HQ, all they know was the fact that if they take the CP they have the respawn.

The GSM link work both ways if the CP can send information he can all so receive, how hard or expensive is to have a green LED for respawn active if is on or inactive if is turn it off, simple, fool proof.

Loved the idea with the small icons of helicopters and paradrops on the map.

MiqaFox
Corporal
Corporal

Post by MiqaFox » 12 Jul 2016, 00:40

Had access to the map. It seemed to work very well throughout the event, even on my bad internet connection (used all my data, capped download speed). As mentioned before, the ability to see active respawns is needed. Both locally, at the actual respawn, and a light version of the map( unless you hand the full version out to everyone), so you know where the closest respawn is.

Dislike the requirement to control a whole zone for allowed respawns. It was way to easy to send a person/squad to some far off un-guarded CP just to deny the enemy respawn capability. This almost crippled infantry movement, I never respawned outside of the base, when we needed, we couldn't( though there were times where we could have, but didn't need).

Don't mind the zone concept for whatever resources might have been rewarded for controlling them, just dislike the way they affected respawns.
B11-12: Ravens
B13: Ikaros
B14-16: UPIR
B17: GFM
"If at first you don't succeed, go get a .50 cal" - DemolitionRanch

hezi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hezi » 12 Jul 2016, 21:29

Hi,

From my point of view, there were always fight on the capture points and in the town, on the main base and at the refinery
But no special missions, and no interesting missions coming from the HQ.
So from me and my team we missed to do these missions......
The Brigade Team
B7, NATO, INDIA Company, 2 platoon
B8, NAF, 5th Battalion
B9, NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
B11, Blood Revens
B13, GCT, Special Parachute Infantry
B14, UPIR Infantry

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 12 Jul 2016, 22:49

Berget didnt really give out more than 1 or 2 missions on top of the OPORDER this year. They are trying to get away from micromanaging the teams, and let the overall commander make the strategy.
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

Jack Scarecrow
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack Scarecrow » 13 Jul 2016, 10:03

Well if we put everything on the commanders, Berget wont be anything other than to capture CPs which would be a bit boring in the long run. Sure it´s the main objetive and it wins the game, but other missions are good as a break from just guarding a spot in the woods for 3 days.
BEs made sidemissions are very fun, but it does require planing and that things end up at the right place at the right time. And a confirmation offgame to the commander at the team doing the mission would be good to avoid sending troops on missions that aren´t really there.
Like last year with the sidemission to search for a box in the woods, that wasn´t even out there. Kinda pointless (Unless the goal is to mess with the troops).

Alot sidemissions could be more of a free choice to make, but ones where you are required to meet other people it would be good to have the help from BE to know when and where the meeting is. It´s pretty much impossible to randomly run into the right person at berget without doing some offgame planning.
I made up my own random missions because the ones I was supposed to have got removed from me during the game. Sure I got dissapointed, But I just shrugged it off and went on my own and improvised.
Making up random ideas works good for me. But ofc as a larp role I had more free will to do as I pleased, and my ''missions'' would be quite silly for others:)
I tried to find the Mayor twice but he wasn´t around. Probably dead...

Having a small 3rd team to use for sidemissions is a very good way to created a few missions for Red/Blue.
Since they are a more free team they easily switch betwen hostile and friendly, or something in betwen.
But even those require BE help to not get totaly massacred if things get out of hand.

I would say there could be more side-missions on berget. They could always check with the team HQ beforehand, And if the HQ agrees to do the mission then BE starts put things together for it, If it´s something that requires it.
B12: Border Police - Lonely Medic/Spy.
B13: Hades Police - Dr. Black.
B14: UPIR - Dr. Black and Reaper.
B15: UPIR Psy-Ops - Prison Warden.
B16: NAF CIU - Commander.
B17: TFC MP - Commander.
B18: Cult Of Crows.

beast
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by beast » 16 Jul 2016, 14:17

Cp points and real time map are good but it's 2 years that as ranger, it's all about going out to cp points.
I would like to experience a game like Iron Walls, where everyday I did something different, many tasks, many joint operations. Everything I did in B11 gave me the feeling I was part of something bigger, it seems not to happen any more, or maybe it's just me, I don't know.
B6 Convoy Operations ->Nato India II
B10 Final Strike -> 3° Ranger Archer 4
B11 Iron Walls -> SFODU Hotel 9
B12 Lords of War -> CGT Ranger Bravo 4
B13 Siege of Krasnovo -> CGT Ranger
B14 Black Gold -> Ranger
B15 Thunder Run -> FINBAT wolverine 8