Private

Re: GENERAL FEEDBACK

Post by anbengts » 05 Jul 2016, 23:57

Pros
Everyone was very friendly
A fantastic area to play in
Seemed to be a good balance between RED and BLUE

Cons
Very limited supply in the Berget Shop. Most of the items was sold out. I think that during this large event the shop should be filled, as it is a required service for the players and also a way for Berget Event to make more money.

Each kiosk should provide opportunity to book and buy meals on-site not only fast-food, for example breakfast. Even if I don’t pre-order it when register, it would be great to order it on-site and get a good meal. I think it would increase players energy.

The chronostation experience. I doubt that Berget crew understood how a HPA works and how to convert between 0,20g bb and 0,25g bb. When I chron all 0,20g bb was out and they wrote a new set of limits with 0,25g bb that seems a bit odd. There was also a long queue for the chronostations.

Berget Crew was very slow on reply to e-mails and questions in the forum before the game
B14: Blue Ranger
B15: Blue Ranger
B16: Blue HQ. 2IC Commander
B17: Blue HQ. 2IC Commander
B18: Blue HQ. 2IC Commander

grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by grasulas » 06 Jul 2016, 00:50

Cons
to much off game civilians, off game cars and off game roads
crono waiting time
no transport for the infantry, where are all the old troop transports
dress code was a joke for everyone
tactical points need a LED to show when the respawn is active or not
more game masters in the hot areas
radio repeaters should be in the game area and on from day 1

Pro
AT4, BAVS and BAVS receivers
very few problems with cheating, some of the younger players should learn to keep the "strong language" home.
balanced teams

Miksu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Miksu » 06 Jul 2016, 03:47

Pros
+ Team balance was much better than last year.
+ New BAVS receivers with blinking were good improvement.
+ Berget crew was fair in their judgement's.
+ Overall construction of blue side base was a lot better than last year. Also the placement of tents in red base was much better organized as last year when blue team was there (that little peek I saw from it).

Cons
- Game start at the blue base, "someone" just told every mech soldier to hide their weapons and next we run down the road and everyone got hit by enemy fire. The feeling was pretty frustrating. In the first place the enemy started their game probably two hours before we did. And secondly we were told to hide all our weapons, so we can be shot like a fucking ducks... Also 2 hours re spawn for our car in the start was not very good move from BE. I know the story that the blue team was kind of coming to the land what was already conquered by the red team, but c'moon please don't let them make ambush for us in our home door the only road you can get off from our base. Not cool at all.
- Minefield marking at crossroads, two god damn signs on the side of the road. Please next time use some type of highly visible rope or similar thing that polices use to surround crime places to show players that this area is no go area.
- Make rules more clear about in game drones, since they are going to increase a lot year by year. As far as I know you are not able to shoot any drones and there should be no in game drones at all, only photographic drones for media stuff. Also I remember some kind of rule or guide that said the drone should be always in the field of view from the pilot. I also hear that atleast enemy was using drones for scouting purposes, also I hear our team got some drones but cant confirm were those used for scouting as well. And atleast someone was flying drones couple times over our heads very fast so they cant be in line of sight of the pilot.
- Make rules clear about turrets in vehicles that does not have gunners behind them. Saw atleast one turret that was mounted top of red car that didn't have anyone behind it. I mean normal car with roof rack and gun system mounted over it. Again I remember I have hear some type of rule that would prohibit using those, but cant find it from the rules section so it was probably my dream...
- Game area start getting a bit small for all those vehicles. There is not enough ingame roads to use and some of the local's are not that happy to see us rolling on public roads with pickups loaded up with soldiers and machine guns. Most of them wave back if we wave at them, but we also saw one middle finger from one lad so it seems that everyone is not so happy of us. But what ever you decide to do, please keep in mind that the game area should be nice to play as infantry or ranger not as mech. Mech's can always go to the forest but players that cannot afford ingame vehicles cannot enjoy the game fields that are made for tanks only. The härnösand game area is very nice because of its nature and the view from couple places is something that you cannot experience at the flat grounds where most of us are living at.
- Make offgame signs on roads more clear when they start and when they end. Also some kind of "offgame area ends in 30m" could be good so when you are in that 30m you would be already in game zone but you would be able to open fire immediately after the 30m sign. There was couple situations where enemy cars were parked about 20m away from the offgame sign so if we step in the game zone they start shooting and those bullets that wont hit will fly about 60m in the area that is absolute offgame area. I know that will make the ingame area even smaller, but we were once told to come back from our positions and then negotiate with the enemy that what we are going to do to avoid shooting at offgame area so our leaders came up with the solution that the enemy players can let us go thru their positions in to the village so they can attack us on there, well we decided to go somewhere else then.

Developement ideas
1. BAVS receivers should be able to use with 11.1 LIPO batteries and berget should bring couple options for the plug, for example deans "the T plug". Since that's what all in our squad was using and what most players is using these days.
2. As we all know that ingame cars are increasing every year I would suggest that make already plan for the time when there is too many vehicles per one side.
3. Gather base setup layouts from both teams before the game starts and make sure there is 24/7 some one wake up and ready to show tent places for guys that arrive to the game area. There was many tents very close to each other which is fine as long as there is no fire issues. Still waiting that one year when the tent placing is not a big fuckin mess like always :wink:
4. I hear and saw the live map from the capture points and other stuff that only HQ was able to use for planning attacks. I suggest you guys should make another map for normal players that could only see the areas that they are able to spawn at. I know the idea behind the rule that allows only HQ to view live map and why its not provided to everyone, but I don't see a point why everyone couldn't see the areas that are hold by your team or the enemy team.
5. Make tutorial videos about stuff, like how to capture the checkpoint. I know its gone through in rules or somewhere but easy visual video is something that everyone would love to watch and see how those things work in real world. The video could also include a lot of other things like rules and stuff.
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized
B16 - UPIR Recon

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 06 Jul 2016, 09:35

I know the story that the blue team was kind of coming to the land what was already conquered by the red team, but c'moon please don't let them make ambush for us in our home door the only road you can get off from our base. Not cool at all.
In order to simulate the UPIR forces already in the country, we were allowed 100 guys in the field at 1900 (that's leaving at 1900, not taking post at 1900). We deployed 1 infantry platoon to the Specksta fields in order to hold it and establish a base of operations for the main force to reinforce, and 2 Shadow platoons and a motorised shadow QRF to delay the NAF force and ensure our guys would get to that 1 infantry platoon before the entirety of NAF would :P

The 2 Shadow platoons took up ambush/defensive positions on the route leading to town and the motorised QRF took the job of delaying the mechanised, which is the ambush that you encountered at the road (we nicknamed it 'the anus').

I have no idea why you were supposed to hide your weapons (maybe if you were planning to roll through town?) but in my opinion an UPIR presence in the field is something to account for, especially if the story allows it.
Upir HQ, WAS THERE EVEN ONE?
Yes, and we had regular meetings and planning. Though I admit it was not the easiest tent to distinguish from the others.
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

SkAndreas
Newbee
Newbee

Post by SkAndreas » 06 Jul 2016, 10:53

I have to say that there where some dangerous shooting from people that didnt hold there safety distance, both from inf and mech. the BBs almost penetrated the metal walls on NAF FOB. some of us got got injured from people that didnt holdt there safety distance, when we defended it the last night.

BE please remove weapon class 2 and 4 til next year. this rules are dangoures if the safety distance is not hold, as i shaw alot of times this year.
Last year i was witness to a guy that got a burst from a MG 3 meters away, and the poor guy got most of his upper teeth shot out, and bbs stuck in his chin.

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 06 Jul 2016, 10:57

One of the main problems were that NAF recon elements were not allowed early access. It would be blatantly stupid do go in before we have some intel.
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

NumbNuts
Private
Private

Post by NumbNuts » 06 Jul 2016, 10:59

Miksu wrote: - Make rules more clear about in game drones, since they are going to increase a lot year by year. As far as I know you are not able to shoot any drones and there should be no in game drones at all, only photographic drones for media stuff. Also I remember some kind of rule or guide that said the drone should be always in the field of view from the pilot. I also hear that atleast enemy was using drones for scouting purposes, also I hear our team got some drones but cant confirm were those used for scouting as well. And atleast someone was flying drones couple times over our heads very fast so they cant be in line of sight of the pilot.
I was also wondering about this. And as a civilian I can confirm that in 3 occasions. there was a drone flying and scouting the Town 5-15 minutes prior to a red mech attack. I even told some of the NAF forces that and that a attack is coming.
B14: Peter Fellman - UN Biologist aka the wandering doctor

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 06 Jul 2016, 13:12

M.Koho wrote:One of the main problems were that NAF recon elements were not allowed early access. It would be blatantly stupid do go in before we have some intel.
We had the same problem last year (while we were supposed to be in control of the country) so it made more sense to have the already present forces going in first.
However, we did not count on the fact that there would be NO NAF forces in the AO before 2100 and even confirmed with GMs that UPIR forces would have right of way in pre-game movements due to the fact that we were in control of the area storywise.

As for the drone, should not have been there. GMs came to chase it down and I believe they caught the pilot.
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

Jack Scarecrow
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack Scarecrow » 06 Jul 2016, 19:10

The armbands this year were horrible.... Too loose even when tightened as far as it would go, too slippery.
Totaly unwearable and even though I tried to glue velcro to it I ended up tossing it and using my old one instead (With white tape on and the new number ofc).
Heard alot complains about them and saw alot people desperatly trying to make them stay on place using various methods.
Please go back to the good cloth armbands from the past 2 years. Alot better.

I also agree it´s time to change map, And find one with more ingame roads preferably with ''ingame looping'' so a car can actually drive around ingame without having to enter offgame areas. But I know it´s very hard to find such areas.
B12: Border Police - Lonely Medic/Spy.
B13: Hades Police - Dr. Black.
B14: UPIR - Dr. Black and Reaper.
B15: UPIR Psy-Ops - Prison Warden.
B16: NAF CIU - Commander.
B17: TFC MP - Commander.
B18: Cult Of Crows.

Miksu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Miksu » 06 Jul 2016, 21:42

Ya the armband's were made for guys that have arms bigger than rambo has, the tightening straps was useless for normal peopple and there was nothing to secure those. I end up tightening those straps as tight as possible then make couple knots between the two and then attach the armband to my shirt with those small safety pins you get from check in station.

I don't care what BE will came up next year since I am going to make my own arm band for sure. But I could recommend BE to make for example some simple guide for everyone who is making their own arm band, like the width of armband and where you get the right number for it or can you use for example your ticket ID for arm band number. Also I would like to see in future some system that could give every registered player their own arm band ID which would be the same every year so mine could be like 12345 so I could make my own armband and use the same arm band every year since nobody else is not able to get that arm band ID. Also you could sell arm band's and embroidered arm band ID patches separately. So I could pay for X amount for arm band with velcro on it and then like 10€ for embroidered arm band ID which I could attach to it, so next year I could buy only the ID patch to the arm band I bought already last year. Just make sure they will fit perfectly all size of hands and legs or maybe make couple different sizes for smaller and bigger size arms and legs.
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized
B16 - UPIR Recon

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 06 Jul 2016, 22:24

Miksu wrote:some simple guide for everyone who is making their own arm band, like the width of armband and where you get the right number for it
Seriously? This is written on the website and the right number you get when you book your ticket. How much more easier can it get? :D
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

NumbNuts
Private
Private

Post by NumbNuts » 06 Jul 2016, 22:30

L4gi wrote:
Miksu wrote:some simple guide for everyone who is making their own arm band, like the width of armband and where you get the right number for it
Seriously? This is written on the website and the right number you get when you book your ticket. How much more easier can it get? :D
IMHO provided armbands make for better feel of unity. DIY stuff looks like the rainbow of deathrags and vehicle flags.
B14: Peter Fellman - UN Biologist aka the wandering doctor

flix
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by flix » 06 Jul 2016, 22:51

Don't like the game area.
Too hilly for inf without a ride! And that also creates the problem of people using "off game" cars "in game" i guess.

Biggest issue. Wtf was up with NAF and yelling "off game" this year? Several times when a firefight broke out people started yelling off game to start whining and bitching about being killed or over marked (realise you need to yell HIT or träff to make sure everyone hears). And here also. According to GM and BE crew we were allowed to kidnap the NAF halftrack + driver and head into NAF base. Once there it took about 30 seconds before there was a guy with his panties in a twist coming and yelling/screaming the classic "off game" and screaming on us "have you read the effin rules" and so forth. Accept when you have been beaten and dont abuse the off game/cease fire rule. Utterly amazing to see certain people whine so much. It's not like we had lived for so long when we came 8 ppl in that half track.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

HerrNilson
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by HerrNilson » 07 Jul 2016, 09:23

Pros

- Well organised NAF

- Balance between the teams was spot on

- Sector control was a nice addition, however perhaps smaller sectors and combine the idea somewhat with the MSR idea from 2015

- FAD and Refinary were a good distraction from base rape

Cons

- Hired BAV grenade wouldnt fit in any grenade launcher I could find, 40Eur wasted really. Speaking with GM afterwards I understand there are two types, perhaps it is time to retire the ones with the larger tips

- The amount of shit and toilet paper in the forest around the red base. This was not an issue at the Blue Base and we were warned by our commanders prior to game start that we would be banned by Berget if we were caught shitting in the woods around the base. Time for Berget to clamp down on it, it is an environmental and health/safety issue and should be treated as such.

Overall 9/10 for me, I really enjoyed it. After 4-5 Bergets many frustrating this was awesome for me. I have learnt that Berget is what you make of it yourself.
Berget 10 - Pol 3 MNT 3 Coy
Berget 11 - GCT SIDU
Berget 12 - PMC Hatchet 1-1
Berget 13 - Para Inf Alpha 3 (BAVS)
Berget 14 - Alpha Company - Alpha 1-0
Berget 15 - Pathfinders
Berget 16 - NAF HQ 2IC

Rhyn0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rhyn0 » 07 Jul 2016, 13:34

Pro: Much better balance than last year, making for an enjoyable game.
Vehicle BAVs with light on to show they are active -excellent
BAV's in general, more and better
Generally met honest players and quite friendly ( only in last day tempers turn ugly and we decided to end early not to ruin our nice game so far)
the online map thingie - and seeing helicopters and paratroopers on it.. amazing. We were holding CP4, got intel paratroopers sho on the map over it.. hit by them 10 minutes later.. epic!
meeting new and old friends as usual.
The Berget Veteran patch-- really good ideea, love it. 2 years to go

Con:
-No clear indication that you could respawn or not at that CP( biggest gripe, and the only feedback i felt I needed to give at the end to a BE crew). people were respwnaing anywhere and everywhere because they didn;t know, it made some missions impossible and frustrating.
-Too many offgame /civilian cars - we had to stop a fight 4 ( FOUR) times because of offgame cars trying to go through the fight.
-The last day big skirmish is boring.. BE please think of a FUN last day fight, like the one where we had to escort the rocket launcher truck to the launch site and every hit stopped it etc.. go and fight over the town is.. not so good.
- no transports
-very little artillery
-TOO MUCH BASE ATTACKS! THEY HOLD NO VALUE! Please Berget consider making main bases offgame, so people focus on objectives in the field instead of making shit attacks. THe FORT/REFINERY ideea is excellent, have one of those 10 mins form the base as THE MAIN TARGET, and leave the bases to be bases. Yes there are some limited roleplay options with bases, but i think those should be focused in the roleplay areas in the game area.

Thanks for what was a top 3 berget from the past 8!
See you next year i hope!
B7- Milo's Tigers, Sq.L
B8- 15th Pold. Psyops, "Bash", Coy Cmdr.
B9- Pold. 3rd, Recon plt. ldr
B10- Pold. Force Recon "Odin's Ravens" Cmmdr
B11- HVIU Operative/Guyana Border Police(Cpt. Garcea)
B12- GCT Rangers-Engineer
B13- GCT Paras Engineer/AT guy
B14- NAF Fathom Grunt/AT guy