Turning against friendly units

General information about our next game summer 2016.

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby fruhest » Sun 30 Oct, 2016 22:35

From the two years I've been to berget, it's always been the blue ones that have been seen as the swines in the city, as far as I've heard.
B13 they hit it with artillery strikes, which I was quite happy with seeing as my job was to convince people that the blues were the enemy.
B14 on the other hand, I was playing as a blue, and hearing that blue players were openly disrespecting every rule that the civilian police tried to enforce, and even shooting at civilians made my job that much more difficult.
Yay, airsoft!
B13 - IKAROS - Squad Leader of Jeep Squad
B14 - NAF - Squad Leader of Jeep Squad intelligence unit
B15 - UPIR - Commander of UPIR PsyOps branch
User avatar
fruhest
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue 17 Feb, 2015 02:32
Location: Karlskrona, Sweden

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby Arradin » Mon 31 Oct, 2016 02:32

fruhest wrote:From the two years I've been to berget, it's always been the blue ones that have been seen as the swines in the city, as far as I've heard.
B13 they hit it with artillery strikes, which I was quite happy with seeing as my job was to convince people that the blues were the enemy.
B14 on the other hand, I was playing as a blue, and hearing that blue players were openly disrespecting every rule that the civilian police tried to enforce, and even shooting at civilians made my job that much more difficult.


Based on the last two years, who the civilians see as friendly or enemies changes as much as the clock ;)

Trust noone ! Raaawr!
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew
User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 15:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby pekezu » Mon 31 Oct, 2016 05:04

Arradin wrote:
fruhest wrote:From the two years I've been to berget, it's always been the blue ones that have been seen as the swines in the city, as far as I've heard.
B13 they hit it with artillery strikes, which I was quite happy with seeing as my job was to convince people that the blues were the enemy.
B14 on the other hand, I was playing as a blue, and hearing that blue players were openly disrespecting every rule that the civilian police tried to enforce, and even shooting at civilians made my job that much more difficult.


Based on the last two years, who the civilians see as friendly or enemies changes as much as the clock ;)

Trust noone ! Raaawr!

I don't know about all the civilians but cops and mayor seemed to be all attracted to money. Those bastards! We need less cops and more anarchy!
B14 - Civilian
B15 - ?
pekezu
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2015 19:57

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby Arradin » Mon 31 Oct, 2016 05:06

pekezu wrote:
Arradin wrote:
fruhest wrote:From the two years I've been to berget, it's always been the blue ones that have been seen as the swines in the city, as far as I've heard.
B13 they hit it with artillery strikes, which I was quite happy with seeing as my job was to convince people that the blues were the enemy.
B14 on the other hand, I was playing as a blue, and hearing that blue players were openly disrespecting every rule that the civilian police tried to enforce, and even shooting at civilians made my job that much more difficult.


Based on the last two years, who the civilians see as friendly or enemies changes as much as the clock ;)

Trust noone ! Raaawr!

I don't know about all the civilians but cops and mayor seemed to be all attracted to money. Those bastards! We need less cops and more anarchy!


B15 = no cops and large mercenary group. Enjoy :)
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew
User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 15:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby Jens » Mon 31 Oct, 2016 14:53

Having been one of those "corrupt" cops, I'd like to point out that we all came to the game with a plan of subverting the notion that all Berget cops are dirty. We walked the straight path, behaving as much as possible as "police from a generic Scandi" country as we believed possible, enforcing laws and trying to protect the civilian populace. Mostly, this entailed keeping people inside when battle was taking place and to remind the soldiers that had no legal authority over civilians, as that is the sole domain of the police.

This turned out to be hella hard, as asking any red/blue player about their ROE usually resulted in a conversation much like this:
Cop: "Excuse, but could you tell me what your ROE says about civilians?
Rifleman: "What's an ROE?"
Cop: "Rules of engagement, what you're supposed to do."
Rifleman: "Oh. I don't know."
Cop: "Well, can I talk to you SO?"
Rifleman: "What's an SO?"
Jens
Newbee
Newbee
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun 26 Jun, 2016 20:30

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby Jakobsson [g.b.m] » Tue 01 Nov, 2016 07:05

This game dosent need more rules, leave the freedom to the players!

If the incompetent commander of the Blue team on Berget 12 had not been removed, the game would have a competly different ending. Keep the freedom!
Jakobsson [g.b.m]
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri 17 Jan, 2014 20:51

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby DeltaLars » Sun 06 Nov, 2016 17:59

Outstanding. I think this is excellent news. Me an my team mates has regarded team killing due to some LARP guys create their own missions as a non sanctioned actions which can be discarded. If this stuff is to work there must be some kind of mission card from Berget-Event or a berget official nearby who can confirm this action.
-----------------------
Callsign: Snakebite
Gear: Radio, AK5C/M249/M4/Honey Badger
Impression: Swedish Armed Forces

BERGET OPERATIONS
B15 - NAF Inf
B14 - NAF Inf
B13 - GCT Sapper
B12 - GCT Ranger
B11 - GCT - Inf
DeltaLars
Private
Private
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue 09 Apr, 2013 07:56
Location: Stockholm

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby vinni » Tue 08 Nov, 2016 15:05

DeltaLars wrote:Outstanding. I think this is excellent news. Me an my team mates has regarded team killing due to some LARP guys create their own missions as a non sanctioned actions which can be discarded. If this stuff is to work there must be some kind of mission card from Berget-Event or a berget official nearby who can confirm this action.


Erm, are you saying that you ignored certain teamkills in previous games?
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ chair inspector
BXVI: UPIR old fart complaining everything was better in the 'Olden Days'
vinni
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue 26 Feb, 2008 16:25
Location: Belgium

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby pekezu » Tue 08 Nov, 2016 17:02

vinni wrote:
DeltaLars wrote:Outstanding. I think this is excellent news. Me an my team mates has regarded team killing due to some LARP guys create their own missions as a non sanctioned actions which can be discarded. If this stuff is to work there must be some kind of mission card from Berget-Event or a berget official nearby who can confirm this action.


Erm, are you saying that you ignored certain teamkills in previous games?

Dr. Crimson made an invisible bullet proof cloak to them to prevent damage done by friendly fire.

Or was it Dr. Van Dyke... Or perhaps Dr. Ultramarine...
B14 - Civilian
B15 - ?
pekezu
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2015 19:57

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby HerrNilson » Tue 08 Nov, 2016 18:52

Jakobsson [g.b.m] wrote:This game dosent need more rules, leave the freedom to the players!

If the incompetent commander of the Blue team on Berget 12 had not been removed, the game would have a competly different ending. Keep the freedom!



But who is it to judge? Like seriously? Some disgruntled player doesn't feel like its living up to their expectations, perhaps not even realising that some effort is required to make the event for themselves which from my POV seems to have been what happened last year in NAF.

Shit like that is just selfish and spoils it for everyone else. Not to mention the months of work that command/HQ staff/Berget put into it prior to the game days.

Ban it, Put the rules in place or put a rule in place that anyone caught doing something like this will be spending the rest of the event in the LARP brig.
Berget 10 - Pol 3 MNT 3 Coy
Berget 11 - GCT SIDU
Berget 12 - PMC Hatchet 1-1
Berget 13 - Para Inf Alpha 3 (BAVS)
Berget 14 - Alpha Company - Alpha 1-0
HerrNilson
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:30

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby Jakobsson [g.b.m] » Tue 08 Nov, 2016 20:12

"But who is it to judge?"

Let the result be the judge, the only one not happy that year was the red ones. .but they haved the fun earlier in the game.

Belive it or not, but berget are quit sqare in thier thinking.
Just like it real life, if the command is inkompetent.. The experience for everybody is in jeopardy and need to be replaced, we cant wait a year to correct. We pay alot of money to attend to this game and some quality is requieed.
Jakobsson [g.b.m]
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri 17 Jan, 2014 20:51

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby pekezu » Thu 10 Nov, 2016 20:07

I wrote about this in the last years feedback section but it seems like I'll have to write it again.

Berget is an airsoft game of 1000-2000 players. That is a ridiculous amount of people with their own preferences, ideas and views how the game should be. But the problem is everyone likes the most their own ideas. Or at least quite many people like to think how the game should be going so that they would have fun themselves. But someones fun might be someones harm and a reason to leave the game. What that means is that BE has to think really through to create rules that will serve _most_ of the players. Not probably everyone since if you are trying to please everyone you're not pleasing anyone. But the rules are (probably and correct me if I'm wrong) made so that _most_ of the people can deal with them and have a nice game.

But at last it is BE who decides the rules. Not the players. They arrange the game = they make the rules. It is a huge compliment from BE to it's fellow airsofters to even ask about some rule changes from the community around Berget games. I don't think most of the big airsoft games will even discuss about the rules with the players. They will state how it is and that's how it is.

We come to the game from abroad or from Sweden. Some of us travel a quite impressive distance to get to the game. Of course we want to have a nice trip and a good game. But as a massive event like this you cannot be sure how the game will go because it is impossible to predict. And now read very carefully. The only one who's actions you can affect is yourself. Possibly your team mates or friends too but mostly it is about what kind of attitude you bring to the game with you. Now as I mentioned there is a huge amount of players in Berget and everyone has their own wishes for the game. And it is impossible to fulfill those wishes for a 100% to everybody. That is something you possibly have to deal with.

But killing your commanders because "I had shitty missions" is not going to help anyone else than you and being precise I don't think it will even help you even though you would feel great about it. And I really think that not everyone in your faction will be pleased if you just go and shoot your own commander because "Me and my pal felt that he's incompetent" and then ruined the game of couple of hundred people? If someone can't really and I mean really do their job in the management then go talk to a GM and tell them your worries. It is their job to choose the right people to right positions and I believe they usually try to do their best beforehand. But it is also their responsibility to take action IF they think too that the team management is doing bad work.

I suggest that you come to Berget and take what it has to offer for you. As a kind of an outsider I see lots of superb and "WHOA" kind of things in Berget games which you cannot see anywhere else. There is a huge amount of players and huge amount of vehicles. I was so amazed last year about all the stuff people came there with that even if I had to just hang around in the base I would have had so much things to wonder I probably would have been happy just to be there. I know people are different and for someone it might be the 15th Berget this far but still. It is a big game with lots of people. Your attitude may affect your team mates attitude. Be careful what kind of attitude you bring to a game like this.

And after all if you feel not pleased about the game you can always choose to not to attend Berget games. That is up to you and at least you won't have bad time and worry about the money you lost.
B14 - Civilian
B15 - ?
pekezu
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2015 19:57

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby Arradin » Fri 11 Nov, 2016 07:18

Do not think that this is some way to stop intrigues and such.

This is a way to stop single players or small groups of players from causing alot of drama and badwill in their own team in ways that are bad for the overall health of the game.

You or your group have some amazing idea where you want to do something that you feel might be against this upcoming rule, you talk to a GM and explain what you want to do and you get a yes or a no. Most of the time it would be a YES, as long as its reasonable and can be somewhat expected by target(s).
I made the examples before. If you want to poison water supply of a base, the leaders of the base need to know that there is a watersupply to protect ( or not, Commanders decision )
If you want to assassinate the HQ, they need to know that there is a threat against it. Etc etc.
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew
User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 15:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby Jakobsson [g.b.m] » Sat 12 Nov, 2016 19:13

pekezu:
My post was about Berget 13.
Can promise that there where more likes then dislikes about the change made.
Jakobsson [g.b.m]
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri 17 Jan, 2014 20:51

Re: Turning against friendly units

Postby Arradin » Mon 09 Jan, 2017 13:45

Hazardous wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but do not the rules forbid others that the owner of a vehicle to drive it (or a person that is appointed to drive that vehicle)?

So hijacking a vehicle would be against the rules both in the way that you are driving a vehicle that is not yours to drive or if you convince the driver, then you are turning against your own team there for also breaking the rules.


No, the rules say that you cannot drive/take someone elses car. And a driver who is being "Kidnapped" can just refuse to drive, get shot and respawn.

Blue on blue will be clarified in this years Rules Update.
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew
User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 15:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

PreviousNext

Return to Berget 15 - Summer 2017

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron