Storyline Implications at GameOn

General information about our next game summer 2016.
Switchback
Corporal
Corporal

Storyline Implications at GameOn

Post by Switchback » 01 Mar 2017, 23:30

So, after reading the story I read that UPIR Has surrounded a NAF base, and currently control the AO. Regarding that, I have a few questions and thoughts regarding this:

"Meanwhile, soldiers from several NAF units were encircled and surrounded by UPIR forces. The unit have been holding out for two weeks deep into UPIR controlled area 80 km north of Tamm Valley without any hope of reinforcements or rescue."
- Does this mean on GameON there will be NAF troops "surrounded" at some sort of Patrol base or similar?

"The area have been under UPIR control for months and there are several heavily guarded fortifications, basecamps and weapon caches in the area."
- Because the area has been under UPIR control, will we (UPIR Winfantry) be starting at these fortifications, sort of like how a country conducts operations with stay-behind forces manning checkpoints and conducting normal patrols?
- Multiple Basecamps? Does that mean UPIR will have multiple home bases with platoon level elements?

Shameless plug: Also, because I'm not going with anyone this year, anyone have use for an extra shooter in their squad? I promise to dispense glorious amounts of freedom.
Edit: I no longer am in need of a squad. Thanks everyone who PMed me :)
Last edited by Switchback on 16 Mar 2017, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
B13: GCT 1st Infantry, Sappers and Engineers [Sierra 3]
B15: UPIR PsyOps
B16: NAF Mechanized [Golf 1]
B18: Wait and Find Out ;)

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Re: Storyline Implications at GameOn

Post by Panzergraf » 03 Mar 2017, 00:17

It could just mean that the game area itself, or an even larger area, is surrounded by UPIR.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 03 Mar 2017, 11:46

Except from what you already can read, you won't get much more information until you are on game site ( Some additional info will be given by HQ in the team forums ) .

Basically, you already said it yourself. The area has been UPIR Controlled for a while and they have built heavy fortifications and bases. NAF Forces have been surrounded by UPIR Forces, and all remaining NAF Forces have been sent to the area.
NAF get NO more information, Upir will get a little bit more.
Civilians and Mercs will get a little bit more info too, since they have been in the area before UPIR arrived, but all that info will be given on Game site.

With this topic in mind, i will remind everyone that Pre-game scouting is ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED, and will be monitored and enforced more than ever this year. Just don't do it. :)
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Switchback
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Switchback » 04 Mar 2017, 06:41

Arradin wrote:Except from what you already can read, you won't get much more information until you are on game site ( Some additional info will be given by HQ in the team forums ) .

Basically, you already said it yourself. The area has been UPIR Controlled for a while and they have built heavy fortifications and bases. NAF Forces have been surrounded by UPIR Forces, and all remaining NAF Forces have been sent to the area.
NAF get NO more information, Upir will get a little bit more.
Civilians and Mercs will get a little bit more info too, since they have been in the area before UPIR arrived, but all that info will be given on Game site.
Roger that, look forward to hearing more information when the time comes, thanks!
B13: GCT 1st Infantry, Sappers and Engineers [Sierra 3]
B15: UPIR PsyOps
B16: NAF Mechanized [Golf 1]
B18: Wait and Find Out ;)