Rule Clarification: Mines and Minefields

General information about our next game summer 2016.
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Rule Clarification: Mines and Minefields

Post by Berget-events » 11 May 2017, 16:13

This post is ment as a Clarification on the ruls regarding Mines and Minefields. The rules has not been changed since prior Berget games, this is just a clarification to make it clear to the point where there shouldnt be any confusing area regarding how mines work at Berget games.

Different Minefields

Static Minefields
Static Minefields are minefields that has been pre-defined by Berget Events, and will be displayed on maps prior to game start. These minefields will be marked on site with Tape ( Usually Yellow/Black ) and signs warning that it is a Minefield. You are not allowed to cross static minefields either on foot or in vehicles, as they consist of both Anti Vehicle and anti-personel mines. Static Minefields cannot be defused/cleared, but special missions may be created to clear a path thru the minefield.

Dymanic Minefields
Dynamic Minefields are minefields that are placed by players. They are placed by Engineers and can be defused by engineers. The mines are made of wood, are in OD Green color and may be booby trapped. They are visually placed on top of the ground on roads against vehicles. Mines may not be burried, covered or hidden. The main purpose of a Dymanic minefield is not to disable vehicles, but rather to create roadblocks to halt enemy mechanized movements.

Placing Mines / Creating Minefields

Minefields may be created by either sides engineers at any time and any location without needing pre-approval. Placing mines is instant, but only engineers can place them by putting them open and visible on the ground. Mines may not be hidden, burried or covered in any way, and must be visible to drivers.
A road is considered Mined when it is covered by three (3) Mines covering the WIDTH of the road. There may be any number of mines placed to block one road , aslong as atleast 3 mines are placed to cover the width of the road .
Example: You may place mines 3 x 3 x 3 along the lenght of the road aslong as it maintain 3 in width to stretch across the entire road. A road that has less than 3 mines over the width of the road is not considered mined.

Clearing Dynamic Minefields
Engineers may defuse dynamic minefields at any time. This is done by engineers keeping one hand on the mine for 2 minutes. Only one mine per engineer can be cleared at one time ( Cannot have one hand each on two mines ), and only one engineer can work on one mine at a time. ( 2 engineers on one mine will still require 2 minutes ). A minefield is not cleared and cannot be crossed until ALL Mines have been cleared. A mined road ( 3 mines over the width ) is NOT considered cleared by only removing one mine.

Booby Trapped Mined
Some mines can/May be trapped. Those mines have an alarm under the mine designed to start beeping or making an alarm sound when you lift them up. When an alarm on a mine go off for any reason, everyone within 3m of the mine is considered HIT and follow normal HIT Rules. A booby trapped mine that goes of does not damage nearby vehicles. An engineer may carry a maximum of 10 mines, and only one of these 10 may be booby trapped, but mines may have "fake booby traps" on them, for example visible wires.

Vehicles hit by mines:

If a vehicle drives over a mined road, Normal hit rules applies. Just as if it was destroyd by BAVs. When a vehicle is eliminated by a mine, ONLY the driver must take a hit (can be healed by medic), the rest of the players inside of the vehicle can chose to be eliminated or leave the "burning" vehicle within 20 seconds. If not, all players inside are considered "eliminated", must raise their wounded flags and return to respawn.
An eliminated vehicle must be moved to the side of the road to allow offgame or crew vehicls to pass, but the road is then considered as BLOCKED until the eliminated vehicle is towed away ( See special Rules ), or is repaired or respawn.

The Mines:
The mines are made of wood/playwood. They are 30-50cm wide and maximum 20cm in height, and consist of two layers of wood - One wide circle and one small circle of top of it. They may NOT have any sharp edges and must be easy as safe to drive over by any kind of vehicle. They must be OD GREEN in color.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

KviCkerN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: Rule Clarification: Mines and Minefields

Post by KviCkerN » 11 May 2017, 20:46

Thank u berget for listening to me! :D :lol: :lol:
And about time it getting fixed :) good work!

should also add that you cannot drive around the minefield even if you have an offroad vehicle?
Berget 9 - Poldavian 1st Mechanized battalion
Berget 10 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 11 - Blood Raven HQ
Berget 12 - Yuri Orlov Mercs
Berget 13 - Ikaros Mech
Berget 14 - Nordic Alliance Forces
Berget 15 - NAF Mech
Berget 16 - NAF Mech

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 12 May 2017, 09:25

Should also be Added that you cannot drive out into the terrain to avoid a minefield, it is on the road to stop/slow you down, it is meant to be a blocker, get yo engineers out, secure the place and get those mines off the road.
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 12 May 2017, 11:29

Crapgame wrote:Should also be Added that you cannot drive out into the terrain to avoid a minefield, it is on the road to stop/slow you down, it is meant to be a blocker, get yo engineers out, secure the place and get those mines off the road.
Vehicle rules already state that you aint allowed to drive offroad, and it already says its supposed to be a blocker?
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 12 May 2017, 12:13

Are the mines only distributed by BE or can they be home-made (I've seen both, but not sure if home-made is still allowed).

Also, is it allowed to add a high visibility colour or ribbon to the top to increase the likelihood of the drivers noticing the mines?
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 12 May 2017, 12:48

vinni wrote:Are the mines only distributed by BE or can they be home-made (I've seen both, but not sure if home-made is still allowed).

Also, is it allowed to add a high visibility colour or ribbon to the top to increase the likelihood of the drivers noticing the mines?
Yes, they will be crafted by sertain factions this year, and any engineer can make and bring up to 10 mines.
( A squad can't make 10 mines each, bring 80 mines and have one engineer place 80 mines 10 at a time )

No, they need to be OD Green, nothing else.

Miksu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Miksu » 15 May 2017, 16:41

To make things even bit more clear to everyone please post picture of one mine in here so everyone have an idea what they look like on the road before the game starts. And in my opinion it would be much better to paint like the middle of the mine in bright red or yellow (like small circle in the middle) to make the mines much easier to detect. Since those mines don't make any noise when driven over, there can be situations that you don't even notice that you just run over couple mines with your big and soft offroad tires and then the hell is loose when you just keep going like nothing and the enemy comes to rage to you and then its pretty good clusterfuck situation that will most likely need a game master to decide who got eliminated where and why.

I understand it can be a bit stupid looking if the mines are bright colored but since they don't make sound when driven over it would make things much easier if the nearsighted and busy driver cant miss them in any case. They r there to make the vehicles stop before they got driven over. If they would make always some noticeable sound it would be totally different situation and then they should be camouflage as good as possible to make the vehicles to drive them over, but since the driver can totally miss OD green objects on the road that does not make any sound when driven over it can cause pretty nice clusterfucks afterwards, just saying.

And hopefully those static minefield are marked a way better than last year that one near the crossroads was. First we fight about half hour with enemy players that escape in that area and when we move forward some more enemies go in there again so then one of our squad member take his dead rag out and went to tell them that they are all eliminated because of the minefield, after several minutes conversation they understand the fact they really were in the minefield and they are all "dead" in game. The minefield was marked last year only by couple very small minefield road signs that have at least 25m between them. So hopefully this year BE will place those signs like every 5 or 10 meters to make sure no one will not go in to those minefield by accident.
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized
B16 - UPIR Recon

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 15 May 2017, 19:44

Thank you for your feedback and your ideas!

The mines are not supposed to be extremely obvious, because then the mechanized would just stop 2-300m away. We belive that its adds a bit to the drivers and co-drivers to look for mines on the road, and we want to give them a chance to see them ( Thats why they cant be covered or burried ) , but still not be obvious.

The rules regarding mines will not change for this year, we will however evaluate it after B15 and if needed make any changes for next year!

Miksu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Miksu » 16 May 2017, 15:11

Well I didn't think about that, the fact those vehicles would stop too far away from the mines then. Best way to improve those mines would be probably some metal housing that can hold the weight of light trucks and then some electronic sound effect system inside so they would make super loud voice when driven over, or then some non harmless explosion. By explosion I mean something like some white powder in two tubes and then air balloon between them then something punctures the air balloon and the air pressure would shoot the white powder out of it to its sides or something dunno how to mechanically do that but in idea basis.

Now I would add small like 5cm wide "pressure plate" in the middle that would be like 1cm high and red or yellow in the middle of the mine. I believe you cannot see that too far away but you cannot also miss it when you are close enough to drive it over.
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized
B16 - UPIR Recon