HPA Tournament locking

General information about our next game summer 2016.
Miksu
Corporal
Corporal

HPA Tournament locking

Post by Miksu » 15 May 2017, 15:33

Is Berget Events providing tamper proof tape or do I need to bring it my self in order to be able to tournament lock my Wolverine airsoft storm and wraith regulators? Some of them can be locked with the cylinder that slides over it but for example the Wraith regulator is inside the buffer tube and its not possible to use anything else than tamper proof tape to tournament lock it. Also sealing the cylinder over the regulator should be made with zip tie type of seal that have number or code in it so its not anyhow possible to remove it without braking the unique seal.

If you guys at BE don't have any tamper proof seals yet and you think it would be good to provide them for HPA users, contact me via PM and I can share my thoughts with you guys.

PS. I am using tamper proofing seals at my daily basis job so I know something about those :)
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized
B16 - UPIR Recon

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Re: HPA Tournament locking

Post by Crapgame » 16 May 2017, 14:00

Berget will have to provide for small enough Zip ties for the Tippmann Tournament lock-pin that replaces the back receiver pin on the Tippy
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

Switchback
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Switchback » 16 May 2017, 21:53

Actually, regarding this. My rifle has a Wraith Air Stock, which does not tourny lock capable, given its inside the buffer tube. The only way to "lock" these systems is with tampertape over the allen-key adjustment hole. I've emailed info@berget-events and never got a response.
B13: GCT 1st Infantry, Sappers and Engineers [Sierra 3]
B15: UPIR PsyOps
B16: NAF Mechanized [Golf 1]
B18: Wait and Find Out ;)

Seventh
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Seventh » 16 May 2017, 23:02

Thanks for the reply on this, Crapman! Bringing a Tippman myself, took me ages to find those tiny zip ties and wasn't even sure you would accept them :P

Miksu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Miksu » 18 May 2017, 22:02

Does any one know do they have that tamper proof tape to tournament lock storm ingrip and buffertube regulators?
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized
B16 - UPIR Recon

Helvetica
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Helvetica » 19 May 2017, 10:57

I Play with a redline HPA-Regulator and just saw, that it has a built in tournament lock, which can be sealed with small zipties, can anyone from BE confirm, that this is ok?
B12 - GCT Border Police, Swiss-OPs
B13 - GCT Infantry, 3rd Platoon, Swiss-OPs
B14 - NAF Infantry, Echo 1, Swiss-OPs
B15 - UPIR Heavy Weapons and Demolition Unit, Swiss-OPs
B16 - NAF Infantry, Alpha-03, Swiss-OPs, Platoonleader
B17 - 110:th Special Investigation Unit, ACE MP
B18 - Cult Member

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 19 May 2017, 21:48

That should be ok. Most LPRs have someway of locking them and berget should be able to use their zipties to do it
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

Switchback
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Switchback » 20 May 2017, 04:56

Miksu wrote:Does any one know do they have that tamper proof tape to tournament lock storm ingrip and buffertube regulators?
I hope tamper tape is ok, as I can't exactly bring extra guns with me when flying from the USA.
B13: GCT 1st Infantry, Sappers and Engineers [Sierra 3]
B15: UPIR PsyOps
B16: NAF Mechanized [Golf 1]
B18: Wait and Find Out ;)

Miksu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Miksu » 20 May 2017, 21:31

Switchback wrote:
Miksu wrote:Does any one know do they have that tamper proof tape to tournament lock storm ingrip and buffertube regulators?
I hope tamper tape is ok, as I can't exactly bring extra guns with me when flying from the USA.
Do u know any good places where you could get non residue tamper proof tape. Almost all of them leave that sticky residue to the surface they have been sticked into and those that do not leave that residue don't have any number or code that would specify you. I know one manufacturer but they don't sell to individuals, only companies. That's why I highly hope BE will provide us the tamper proof tape or some other method (if there is any) to Tournament lock those things that cant be locked up with some type of zipper tie solution.

EDIT: I just thought that BE could even ask for like 1€ for sticker tournament locking in case that its the only choice in the regulator you have. Because I would happily pay like that 1€ for one tamper proof sticker rather than buying a roll of stickers for at least 50 euros+shipping and taxes if its not in EU. But those stickers should not leave the sticky residue to my regulator then so they should be pretty high quality ones not the cheapest from china.
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized
B16 - UPIR Recon

Majk
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Majk » 24 May 2017, 16:23

I have ordered a couple of thousand cable ties in different colours. Most of them are 3,6mm wide or less and should be suitable for locking regulators. To my knowledge we were able to lock all regulators missing a proper T-lock with cable ties last year.
Unless you have a very unique regulator or some brand new model design we should be able to solve this for you.
If you are certain that your regulator is unlockable with this method or with a Tournament Lock please send me (security@berget-events.com) a picture and description of your regulator and we will try to come up with an solution together.

About the Wolverine Wraith CO2 stock:
At the moment tamper tape is the only way we have found for locking. We would prefer cable ties or simular.
We will do our best to come up with options to lock the regulator and post it in this thread, but don't rely on it. Ultimately there's so few users (we are aware of at the moment) that it is up to you to present a alternate solution (other than tamper tape).

Last edited by Majk on 25 May 2017, 00:29, edited 4 times in total.
Chief of Security, Berget 13-16
Game Management, Berget 6-12
CO/Game Master SF, Berget 3 & 5
Recon for Gen. Crashek, Berget 4
CO Tjetcheny Rebels, Berget 2
Project Assistant, Berget 1