Game Balancing

General information and discussion about our upcomming game in 2018.

Game Balancing

Postby NightSinner » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 11:56

Inevitable that this would come but;


863 UPIR
670 NAF
202 Civvies (approx 170 Mercs)

So that means 1000 UPIR & Mercs (They ALWAYS go with UPIR) vs 670 NAF.

A difference of 400. Be fun to see you balance it this time and considering one can still book tickets to UPIR and no restrictions in place.

Solid job at keeping the game balance again :wank:
B12 - GCT - 9th Rangers - Echo 3
B13 - GCT - Ranger - Support Officer
B14 - NAF - Ranger - Fox 2 - SL
B15 - NAF - FinBat Recon Wolverine 7 SL
B16 - NAF - Ranger
-----------------
Rangers Lead The Way
NightSinner
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon 04 Nov, 2013 18:13
Location: Behind you

Re: Game Balancing

Postby Lester » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 12:15

did you find any player list?

if yes please share url
Lester
Private
Private
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri 18 Nov, 2016 19:24

Re: Game Balancing

Postby Agamendor » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 12:49

Link: https://berget.ncds.se/list/playerlist.html

Well okey... I see your point but they can still balance it without problems. They can halv the price, thay can make it so that you cant buy UPIR, they might have a roleplaying element for the mercs that makes it more attractive/easy to go with NAF.
Agamendor
Newbee
Newbee
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun 05 Nov, 2017 20:32

Re: Game Balancing

Postby B2fox » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 13:31

Agamendor wrote:Link: https://berget.ncds.se/list/playerlist.html

Well okey... I see your point but they can still balance it without problems. They can halv the price, thay can make it so that you cant buy UPIR, they might have a roleplaying element for the mercs that makes it more attractive/easy to go with NAF.


And NAF can hire the Mercs...
It's just a question about sufficiant payment, with those guys :mrgreen:
Nikolaj "B2" Poulsen - Team ILD I PIBEN

http://www.ildipiben.com
-----------------------------
B11: Ravens
B12: Ravens
B13: IKAROS Tank driver/Platoon leader
B14: NAF Delta
B15: Mercenaries "IIP Services"
B16: Hire us, or be our target... Your choice !
User avatar
B2fox
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu 04 Jul, 2013 18:33
Location: Denmark

Re: Game Balancing

Postby Agamendor » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 14:14

B2fox wrote:
Agamendor wrote:Link: https://berget.ncds.se/list/playerlist.html

Well okey... I see your point but they can still balance it without problems. They can halv the price, thay can make it so that you cant buy UPIR, they might have a roleplaying element for the mercs that makes it more attractive/easy to go with NAF.


And NAF can hire the Mercs...
It's just a question about sufficiant payment, with those guys :mrgreen:


For sure! I dont know how restricted the game will be for induvidual gameplay but I can tell you that I will do what ever I can to make it fun, and fun means even and eventful
Agamendor
Newbee
Newbee
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun 05 Nov, 2017 20:32

Re: Game Balancing

Postby grasulas » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 14:20

If mercs do not have a Berget mission requesting them to side with NAF, 90% of time, no matter how much money NAF can get, they will end up allied with UPIR, just look at there composition lots of Fins or ex red teams :), friendly bonds, old feuds will push mercs on red side no matter how much we like it or not :).

The big question is: Who will run NAF HQ ..... we can have a great game outnumber and outgun as long we have a strong command capable to control the FUBAR from the field .
_______________________________
B7 Milo`s Tigers -SL-
B8 15th PSYOPS -PL-
B9 3rd Mount -SL- Recon Brigade
B10 3rd Mount -SL- Recon Brigade
B11 GTC HVIU - Commander
B12 GTC Ranger SL - Bravo3
B13 GTC Paras PL - Alpha2
B14 NAF Infantry
B15 NAF Infantry PL - Charlie3
User avatar
grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri 03 Oct, 2008 13:57
Location: Bucharest / Romania

Re: Game Balancing

Postby Arradin » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 15:42

Please have some faith :)

Mercs doesnt "Always" go with Red, they are guided thru missions and oporders.

Last game it was the other way around, NAF was ALOT more people, Yet it turned out fine, and it will for Berget 16 aswell!

We want people to play the team they want, with the people they want. The balance is #1 priority for us, and we continue to keep an Close Eye on the numbers!
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew
User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 15:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Game Balancing

Postby Arradin » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 16:01

grasulas wrote:
The big question is: Who will run NAF HQ .....


You will! Did we forget to tell you?

In all seriousness, we are collecting Commander Applications, hopefully we get alot of really good applications!

Anyone interrested should indeed apply.
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew
User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 15:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Game Balancing

Postby Agamendor » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 16:03

Arradin wrote:
grasulas wrote:
The big question is: Who will run NAF HQ .....


You will! Did we forget to tell you?

In all seriousness, we are collecting Commander Applications, hopefully we get alot of really good applications!

Anyone interrested should indeed apply.


Are you allowed to apply to be a commander for another team? Or do you have to apply for the team that you chose when you bought the ticket?
Agamendor
Newbee
Newbee
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun 05 Nov, 2017 20:32

Re: Game Balancing

Postby Arradin » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 16:14

Agamendor wrote:
Arradin wrote:
grasulas wrote:
The big question is: Who will run NAF HQ .....


You will! Did we forget to tell you?

In all seriousness, we are collecting Commander Applications, hopefully we get alot of really good applications!

Anyone interrested should indeed apply.


Are you allowed to apply to be a commander for another team? Or do you have to apply for the team that you chose when you bought the ticket?


Changing your team is not an issue! Feel free to apply , and if accepted we can Always switch your ticket over easily.
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew
User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 15:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Game Balancing

Postby NightSinner » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 20:39

Arradin wrote:Please have some faith :)

Mercs doesnt "Always" go with Red, they are guided thru missions and oporders.

Last game it was the other way around, NAF was ALOT more people, Yet it turned out fine, and it will for Berget 16 aswell!

We want people to play the team they want, with the people they want. The balance is #1 priority for us, and we continue to keep an Close Eye on the numbers!


As Grasulas said Mercs always go Red so my previous maths still stands true. Then with l4gi the previous NAF commander now gone UPIR and prolly UPIR command it does leave a big void command wise at NAF, and the worst thing is Berger knew this before yet they still went ahead with their plans.

And now to sit and hope you get some good applications......great. :wank:


It smells of NAF running around doing their own stuff cause command can’t get their shit together which means no one will have fun.

And if you think B16 turned out great you’re delusional, it wasn’t great for UPIR and it. Wasn’t great for NAF. It’s not fun to steamroll or to get steamrolled. :tank:


Who wants to bet right now that at least 150-200 people leave earlier say Thursday/Friday
B12 - GCT - 9th Rangers - Echo 3
B13 - GCT - Ranger - Support Officer
B14 - NAF - Ranger - Fox 2 - SL
B15 - NAF - FinBat Recon Wolverine 7 SL
B16 - NAF - Ranger
-----------------
Rangers Lead The Way
NightSinner
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon 04 Nov, 2013 18:13
Location: Behind you

Re: Game Balancing

Postby Arradin » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 20:55

Mercs doesnt " always go UPIR " , because they have only been around for one game, which is B15.
During B15, they helped red because there were not allowed to team up with the large team ( Blue ) for balance purposes.

So while your opinion is highly valuable, I kindly ask you to stop spreading false information and try to be a little bit positive, there willl not be 1000 vs 600. It obviously wouldnt be allowed to happen.
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew
User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 15:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Game Balancing

Postby L4gi » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 22:14

Bigger problem than just number balance is that no one wants to volunteer for any command positions. Its a huge problem to even find company commanders, or even have people contact command about their wishes. Would be nice if people would volunteer sometimes, not just thinking about themselves but instead trying to make the game better for everyone...
B7 - SRP - Squadleader
B8 / B9 - Civilian
B10 - NAF 9th Recon & Sniper
B11 - GCT - SFODU Intel Officer
B12 - GCT Intelligence Unit XO
B13 - GCT Special Parachute Infantry XO
B14 - NAF Fathom 9
B15 - NAF Commander
L4gi
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu 26 Jun, 2008 18:19
Location: Finland

Re: Game Balancing

Postby NightSinner » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 23:29

L4gi wrote:Bigger problem than just number balance is that no one wants to volunteer for any command positions. Its a huge problem to even find company commanders, or even have people contact command about their wishes. Would be nice if people would volunteer sometimes, not just thinking about themselves but instead trying to make the game better for everyone...



Can only imagine that it’s the most frustrating thing ever, however I can only speak from personal experience and think that most people are out of by the sheer size and scope of the “job”at hand to try and plan and coordinate 600+ troops when the vast majority are expert Total War generals or COD warriors at best.

That coupled with what I’ve heard of little to no information for BE or when they get the info it’s very late which makes the game planning tricky.
B12 - GCT - 9th Rangers - Echo 3
B13 - GCT - Ranger - Support Officer
B14 - NAF - Ranger - Fox 2 - SL
B15 - NAF - FinBat Recon Wolverine 7 SL
B16 - NAF - Ranger
-----------------
Rangers Lead The Way
NightSinner
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon 04 Nov, 2013 18:13
Location: Behind you

Re: Game Balancing

Postby Bilbo » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 10:29

As a response to your last paragraph, we are striving to improve the overall information flow from BE and as soon as commanders are selected we will have working communications with them throughout the year.

NightSinner wrote:
L4gi wrote:Bigger problem than just number balance is that no one wants to volunteer for any command positions. Its a huge problem to even find company commanders, or even have people contact command about their wishes. Would be nice if people would volunteer sometimes, not just thinking about themselves but instead trying to make the game better for everyone...



Can only imagine that it’s the most frustrating thing ever, however I can only speak from personal experience and think that most people are out of by the sheer size and scope of the “job”at hand to try and plan and coordinate 600+ troops when the vast majority are expert Total War generals or COD warriors at best.

That coupled with what I’ve heard of little to no information for BE or when they get the info it’s very late which makes the game planning tricky.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
Bilbo
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun 11 Mar, 2007 23:23
Location: Örnsköldsvik

Next

Return to Berget 16 - 2018

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests