About mines

General information and discussion about our upcomming game in 2018.

About mines

Postby I.Kullberg » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 15:33

The rules state that
"Dynamic Minefields are minefields that are placed by players. They are placed by Engineers and can be defused by engineers."
"Minefields may be created by either sides engineers at any time and any location without needing pre-approval. Placing mines is instant, but only engineers can place them by putting them open and visible on the ground. Mines may not be hidden, burried or covered in any way, and must be visible to drivers."
"Engineers may defuse dynamic minefields at any time. This is done by engineers keeping one hand on the mine for 2 minutes."
"Anti-Personel Mine:
Mines may be found in the game area, and you will notice if you set one off. Anyone within three meters of a detonating mine is considered hit, and should react accordingly. Only engineers may disarm mines. There are beeping mines, BB-shooting mines and mines with small pyrotechnic effect. All inflict a "hit" injury. "

Now the rules state that:
- Only engineers are allowed to put Anti-Personnel Mines to the ground
- It is not allowed to hide Anti-Personnel Mine, but it must be placed open and visible to the ground
- Engineer must touch 2 min Anti-Personnel Mine to defuse it (what to do to the (really still armed) mine is not stated)
- BB mines kill if you get hit (rule: all hits count) or if you are less than 3m away when it goes off (even without BB hit)

Is all of this intentional, or should the Anti-Vehicle Mines and Anti-Personnel mines have their own rules?
B7 SRP engineer
B9 in the Firm/Zansian Black Ops L04/Petro T of Avalon Minerals LTD
B11 GCT HVIU operator/Mineral guy from Avalon Minerals with a suit/Amnesty International guy
B12 GCT IU operator/Shoe polisher guy/Sniper in the tree
B14 NAF B-coy 3rd platoon leader
B15 NAF regular ranger
B16 UPIR ?
I.Kullberg
Corporal
Corporal

Re: About mines

Postby Arradin » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 15:59

Hello!

Good questions, lets clarify it:

Anti personel mines are not created in entire fields, they are usually just single ones strategically placed as traps to take out soldiers, while minefields are placed as obsticles to hinder enemy movement, and not to primarily to take out vehicles.

Anti personel mines can be covered / Hidden

It doesnt say that you need a engineer to PLACE an anti personel mine, but it does say you need one to DISARM them. This is correct. You are not allowed to pick up disarmed anti personal mines, as they belong to someone ( Just like Handgrenades ) .

The Rule about everyone being hit within 3m is for every type of mine that only makes a sound and doesnt shoot BBs.

So yes, Anti personel mines and anti vehicle mines are slightly different because they have different purpose, but all fall under the " mines " section.
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew
Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Postby I.Kullberg » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 16:10

Arradin wrote:Hello!

Good questions, lets clarify it:

Anti personel mines are not created in entire fields, they are usually just single ones strategically placed as traps to take out soldiers, while minefields are placed as obsticles to hinder enemy movement, and not to primarily to take out vehicles.

Anti personel mines can be covered / Hidden

It doesnt say that you need a engineer to PLACE an anti personel mine, but it does say you need one to DISARM them. This is correct. You are not allowed to pick up disarmed anti personal mines, as they belong to someone ( Just like Handgrenades ) .

The Rule about everyone being hit within 3m is for every type of mine that only makes a sound and doesnt shoot BBs.

So yes, Anti personel mines and anti vehicle mines are slightly different because they have different purpose, but all fall under the " mines " section.

Yes. This is exactly what I thought. I would just really much like to see this in the rules and if you are going to update the mine section it would be easy to fix. The reason why I wanted to raise this question is that many players just read the rules. That means, that if the rules state the previous things without specifying AV-mines and AP-mines those players will either act by those rules or cheat. Or blame other people of cheating.
I would also like to see some kind of guidance what to do to "disarmed" AP-mine. Should you just activate it after 2 min (aka pull the wire and not take hit) and leave it there or mark it somehow. Because if you don't do anything the next guy who walks to the tripwire doesn't know that the mine is defused.

I ask you to re-write the mine section (again :D) so that even a guy who comes to his first Berget game and just reads the rules understands how he should act towards AV-mines and AP-mines.
B7 SRP engineer
B9 in the Firm/Zansian Black Ops L04/Petro T of Avalon Minerals LTD
B11 GCT HVIU operator/Mineral guy from Avalon Minerals with a suit/Amnesty International guy
B12 GCT IU operator/Shoe polisher guy/Sniper in the tree
B14 NAF B-coy 3rd platoon leader
B15 NAF regular ranger
B16 UPIR ?
I.Kullberg
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Arradin » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 16:13

I will update the section to clarify this, Thank you! :)

Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Postby KviCkerN » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 17:28

Why did u guys removed the rules u make last year and go back to the old rules settup?
This is mutch better!!
viewtopic.php?f=193&t=8871
Poldavian 1st Mechanized battalion
Berget 10 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 11 - Blood Raven HQ
Berget 12 - Yuri Orlov Mercs
Berget 13 - Ikaros Mech
Berget 14 - Nordic Alliance Forces
Berget 15 - NAF Mech
Berget 16 - We are ready
KviCkerN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Arradin » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 18:13

KviCkerN wrote:Why did u guys removed the rules u make last year and go back to the old rules settup?
This is mutch better!!
viewtopic.php?f=193&t=8871

It is not being changed from last year, please see this post just a few posts over this one ;)

viewtopic.php?f=202&t=8975

Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Postby Havsmannen » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 21:05

I have some questions. its my second game.

If a vehical hit a mine , how many is gone? all , one, none?

a vehical comes to 2 mine on the road. Is the road mined?

If you only have time to set up 2 mines. can you drive over them?

why 3 and not 1 mine :?:

Can i make my own wood mine?

OD color is hard to see :cry: a little mark in yellow.
B15 - NAF Infantry
Havsmannen
Newbee
Newbee

Postby Arradin » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 21:13

Havsmannen wrote:I have some questions. its my second game.

No problems, Welcome back! :)
If a vehical hit a mine , how many is gone? all , one, none?

One, but the car hitting them creates a roadblock that you can't pass until respawned/Towed away.
It's faster to just defuse mines.

a vehical comes to 2 mine on the road. Is the road mined?

You should always act as if the road is mined, unless you actually SEE someone only placing two mines.
So yes, if you dont know anything else, assume that the road is mined.

If you only have time to set up 2 mines. can you drive over them?

You should never drive over mines, people assume that you cheat. If you only have time to place two mines, just kick/throw them off the road.

why 3 and not 1 mine :?:

It's too easy to just place one mine. You need to carry atleast 3 mines around to mine somewhere so it needs time and effort.

Can i make my own wood mine?

Yes, if you are an engineer, or bring them for an engineer. More info about that in the rules once updated, for now see the " rules update " post in this forum

OD color is hard to see :cry: a little mark in yellow.

It's not supposed to be easy to see until you are close to them.

Hope this answer all your questions, if not, ask more ! :)

Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Postby Verage » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 07:27

I made a lot of mines last year, they were transported in a grey curver case.
There were about 20 mines with 25th mountaineers written on the back.
Can i contact someone to know if someone has them?
Verage
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Arradin » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 16:23

Verage wrote:I made a lot of mines last year, they were transported in a grey curver case.

I know that we have quite a bit of player made mines cleaned up after B15. Not in any case or so, just lose mines.
They are obviously all stored away and won't be looked at until next game thought.

Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Postby Verage » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 09:31

Arradin wrote:
Verage wrote:I made a lot of mines last year, they were transported in a grey curver case.

I know that we have quite a bit of player made mines cleaned up after B15. Not in any case or so, just lose mines.
They are obviously all stored away and won't be looked at until next game thought.

Hehe, thanks.
Normally they were not placed in the field but taken by infantry or mech to support a mission.
Verage
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Berget 16 - 2018