Wishlist, Suggestions and ideas for Berget 17

Information and discussion about the upcoming Berget 17
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Wishlist, Suggestions and ideas for Berget 17

Post by Arradin » 29 Jul 2018, 12:40

Hello Everyone,

As we Always try to improve year by year, we listen to the feedback you give us. Because of that, we want to be open quite early this time around, and are open to hear your ideas and suggestion or what you would generally want to see in the upcomming Berget 17, 2019.

This forum thread is strictly for constrictive ideas for the upcoming game, all feedback should be left in the appropiate feedback threads for previous years.

We are open to all kind of ideas and suggestions, from how teams are setup and balanced to gameplay, rules etc

All information about the game will be released during Fall of 2018 as usual, and we will ofcourse keep you updated here on the forums.

Your input is valuable to us, make your voice Heard, and be a part of creating these Amazing games :)
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

AVIA
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Wishlist, Suggestions and ideas for Berget 17

Post by AVIA » 04 Aug 2018, 14:22

We wish for the water supply locations to be marked on the official game map, or at least made public knowledge. A simple water drop icon for every water post, so you always know where the nearest refill is. Fingers crossed <3

Cheers!
B16 - NAF - Rangers Recon
B15 - FINBAT - Sniper Recon
B14 - NAF - Sniper Recon
B13 - GCT - Sniper Recon
B12 - GCT - Sniper Recon
B11 - GCT - Sniper Recon
B10 - Poldavia Inf
B9 - Poldavia Inf

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 04 Aug 2018, 14:35

AVIA wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 14:22
We wish for the water supply locations to be marked on the official game map, or at least made public knowledge. A simple water drop icon for every water post, so you always know where the nearest refill is. Fingers crossed <3

Cheers!
Dont see why not!

NightSinner
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by NightSinner » 05 Aug 2018, 15:57

Better & more retailers, or maybe just focus on better retailers

Having Tacticalstore coming to sell their old crap that no one really wants is shitty, some of their stuff didn't even work :wank:

Why not reach out to say Taiwun Gun or Gunfire and see if they don't want to come and sell items.
B12 - GCT - 9th Rangers - Echo 3
B13 - GCT - Ranger - Support Officer
B14 - NAF - Ranger - Fox 2 - SL
B15 - NAF - Ranger FinBat Recon Wolverine 7 SL
B16 - NAF - Ranger B1.1 - Warriors of CP2
B17 - TFC - Ranger (Not a Goat Herder)
-----------------
Rangers Lead The Way

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 07 Aug 2018, 07:36

NightSinner wrote:
05 Aug 2018, 15:57

Having Tacticalstore coming to sell their old crap that no one really wants is shitty, some of their stuff didn't even work :wank:

Why not reach out to say Taiwun Gun or Gunfire and see if they don't want to come and sell items.
My guess is that because BE works as a company, they are trying to get maximum income. And that's fine, but sometimes it means not so good customer experience. Good old days there were WGCShop, Varusteleka and other companies representing and selling their stuff and then it stopped when BE launched their own "shop".

There is so many visitors in BE, that I would actually advertise the event to all kinds of food pop up stores and so on to come and make and sell their food and stuff. Like festival style, but in smaller scale. Everyone wins.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

NightSinner
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by NightSinner » 07 Aug 2018, 19:09

Windi^ wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 07:36
NightSinner wrote:

My guess is that because BE works as a company, they are trying to get maximum income. And that's fine, but sometimes it means not so good customer experience. Good old days there were WGCShop, Varusteleka and other companies representing and selling their stuff and then it stopped when BE launched their own "shop".

There is so many visitors in BE, that I would actually advertise the event to all kinds of food pop up stores and so on to come and make and sell their food and stuff. Like festival style, but in smaller scale. Everyone wins.
Fully understand and I think that's fine to have either a fixed "rent" or a % of income sold during the event should go back to BE.

Just now the shop is for lack of better words, shit and pointless.

One goes there hoping there is something to spend our money on, and instead we walk away disappointed.
-----------------
Rangers Lead The Way

Charlie_Echo
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Charlie_Echo » 08 Aug 2018, 16:10

In my opionion it would be really, really awesome if the fractions dresscodes could be changed - like "digtial vs tradtional camo", "bright/desert camos vs green camos" or something like that....right now, it seems more like "whatever camo vs whatever camo".

Another simple and working suggestion to "avoid friendly fire" would be the simple rule "NAF has armband on right side / UPIR on left side". If you do it like this, you can tell if it's friend or enemy even without seeing the armband.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 12 Aug 2018, 19:05

I agree on changing the camo rules so the two main factions are more visually distinct.
Like Light VS Dark camos, as we had on B8, 9 and 10. But obviously try to adjust what counts as "light" and what counts as "dark" so both factions are more or less the same size. With how popular multicam has become, it shouldn't be a problem. And for gear whores (like me), pretty much all countries have desert camos too, so you can get that nations desert uniform and combine it with your existing woodland camo vest and gear if you want to play on the Light team. (the past few years, desert and woodland Flecktarn were both on the same team, which made things difficult...)

I don't like the "digital VS traditional" divide though. At more than a few meters distance you can't tell the difference between tiny squares (like marpat) and tiny dots (like flecktarn) - all you register are the different colors. They're both ways of achieving a Dithering Effect anyway.

So my wishlist would be as follows:
1) - Uniform/Camo Rules
These rules should accomplish the following goals:
-More or less equally sized factions
-Each faction should have a distinct look

2) - Tro Symmetrical Sides
Both sides should have:
-A regular infantry unit
-A MilSim infantry unit
-Mechanized/motorized units
-A LARP unit

3) - Sollefteå
I love this game area! Obviously, it's not entirely up to Berget Events where the game gets to take place. Local authorities have the final word here, I guess.

4) - A story line and scenario that makes sense given the scale of the game.
A company level skirmish with mainly infantry and light motorized units will probably not decide the fate of the world.

See ya'll next summer :)
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 13 Aug 2018, 17:41

Panzergraf wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 19:05
So my wishlist would be as follows:
1) - Uniform/Camo Rules
These rules should accomplish the following goals:
-More or less equally sized factions
-Each faction should have a distinct look

2) - Tro Symmetrical Sides
Both sides should have:
-A regular infantry unit
-A MilSim infantry unit
-Mechanized/motorized units
-A LARP unit

3) - Sollefteå
I love this game area! Obviously, it's not entirely up to Berget Events where the game gets to take place. Local authorities have the final word here, I guess.

4) - A story line and scenario that makes sense given the scale of the game.
A company level skirmish with mainly infantry and light motorized units will probably not decide the fate of the world.

See ya'll next summer :)
The reality is that camos have been changed for balanced, there are a few MAJOR teams that switched sides because we moved camos around.
After that change, the team balance has been better than ever, but friendly fire has also increased. It's extremely difficult to balance this out, but we will continue to try to do so each year.

Feedback to your wishlist:
1) Answered above.

2) Yes, early draft for next year look like what you describe

3) Will have to dissapoint you here. Local authorities love us and fight to host Berget Games ;) But, Härnösand does not fit what berget currently has evolved into. The area is Amazing, but mechanized size grow each year, and with the amount of off-game driving, and off-game civilians in the area make it generally really unsafe and game distrupting. Tanks in Härnösand would be an absolute No, impossible.

However, that does not mean that we won't return there in future games.

4) Agreed, but i don't know exactly as to what you are referring to. There will be a new story for B17

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 13 Aug 2018, 17:47

Windi^ wrote:
NightSinner wrote:

This year we moved away from "own shops" in terms of the kiosks. They were outsorced to a local hockey team, and whilst i cannot say if that will continue or not, but it was possible because they had Everything and everyone locally availible. The airsoft shop is obviously not as easy.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 13 Aug 2018, 19:46

Arradin wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 17:41
The reality is that camos have been changed for balanced, there are a few MAJOR teams that switched sides because we moved camos around.
After that change, the team balance has been better than ever, but friendly fire has also increased. It's extremely difficult to balance this out, but we will continue to try to do so each year.

Feedback to your wishlist:
1) Answered above.

2) Yes, early draft for next year look like what you describe

3) Will have to dissapoint you here. Local authorities love us and fight to host Berget Games ;) But, Härnösand does not fit what berget currently has evolved into. The area is Amazing, but mechanized size grow each year, and with the amount of off-game driving, and off-game civilians in the area make it generally really unsafe and game distrupting. Tanks in Härnösand would be an absolute No, impossible.

However, that does not mean that we won't return there in future games.

4) Agreed, but i don't know exactly as to what you are referring to. There will be a new story for B17
1) Well the balance issue can be solved by adjusting what counts as a "Light" camo and what counts as "Dark". For example, ATACS-FG should be a light camo, as it looks a lot like multicam from a distance. Norwegian Woodland could be a light camo as well, as it's not that far off from ATACS-FG. Then just say anything darker than that - like flecktarn, US woodland, marpat, Swedish M90 etc. - belongs on the Dark Side (join us, we have cookies!), and anything lighter - like all kinds of desert camos, multicam etc. - belongs on the light side. It would make the camo rules simpler, as you won't have to list each and every camo pattern.

2) Cool

3) I agree Härnösand does not fit. I was asking about Sollefteå, the area we used this year and last year :)
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 14 Aug 2018, 09:45

Panzergraf wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 19:46

3) I agree Härnösand does not fit. I was asking about Sollefteå, the area we used this year and last year :)
Doh. Ignore mental breakdown, Sorry :)

We all love Sollefteå.... :)

NightSinner
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by NightSinner » 14 Aug 2018, 22:01

Arradin wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 17:47
Windi^ wrote:
NightSinner wrote:

This year we moved away from "own shops" in terms of the kiosks. They were outsorced to a local hockey team, and whilst i cannot say if that will continue or not, but it was possible because they had Everything and everyone locally availible. The airsoft shop is obviously not as easy.

The kiosks were not an issue in my opinion. In fact considering that it's meant to be a milsim for each base to have their own kiosks turning out hot hamburgers at a decent price is a luxury.

I was more disappointed about the "airsoft" shops present. And i use the term loosely.

As said why not reach out to say Gunfire and Taiwan Gun and invite them over. Pretty sure they'd be happy to come ;)
-----------------
Rangers Lead The Way

Jim
Private
Private

Post by Jim » 16 Aug 2018, 11:17

I can only agree with everyone else on teh airsoft shop.
To be honest, was the worse shop ive ever seen.

When it comes to the kiosk, I think they are good, but they really have to reconsider their prices, because 90:- sek is way to much for that kind of hamburger. I would go so far as calling it a robbery almost.
Also, the kiosk personel should consist of people that turned 18 or older. Not below 18 because it really is an issue with the kids not wearing glasses. And since the kiosk is open from two sides, a stray bullet during an attack before they get their glasses on (wich they had off more than on) will take out an eye very quickly, and we can all agree on that.
And since telling them isnt really helping. Well.

Beside that, good work this year.
B15: 1st Responder UPIR.
B16: UPIR Mech Div Coy.

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 16 Aug 2018, 13:35

Jim wrote:
16 Aug 2018, 11:17
Also, the kiosk personel should consist of people that turned 18 or older. Not below 18 because it really is an issue with the kids not wearing glasses. And since the kiosk is open from two sides, a stray bullet during an attack before they get their glasses on (wich they had off more than on) will take out an eye very quickly, and we can all agree on that.
And since telling them isnt really helping. Well.
There were many players also eating with their eye protection off. This is not ok, one should were their goggles all the time when outside of the tent.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3