Feedback - BAVS

Please share your feedback about Berget 18
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Feedback - BAVS

Post by Berget-events » 02 Jul 2022, 13:31

Please give us your feedback on the BAVS, and how it can be improved.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Rythm
Captain
Captain

Re: Feedback - BAVS

Post by Rythm » 04 Jul 2022, 22:01

Too few AT4s, make more!
6mm.se

B9: UN - Platoon commander
B10: Zansian Black Guards - Platoon commander
B11: Ravens - Company commander/Intel officer
B12: Ravens - 2 in Command
B13: Ikaros - 2iC
B15: Mercs - 2iC
B17: GFM - 2iC
B18: GFM - 2iC

Boogiez
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Boogiez » 04 Jul 2022, 23:52

When the vehicle is destroyed the red Bavs-light could be toggled on. This would make it easier to identify a destroyed vehicle.

Verage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Verage » 08 Jul 2022, 08:04

The BAVS system is still one of my favourite systems for vehicle play. But they are to powerfull. Not the BAVS itself but the amount of shots you can take without having to go back for a reload.

I undertand that balancing this tool is not easy. Making sure the mech has fun but also make sure the AT guys have fun.
By making the AT4 a bit less powerfull will make sure that it's a more important role and not just, here take an AT4 and keep shooting.

Besides that, I hate the full closed turrets. As infantry you can't do anything about them. Except rushing them until you are in their MED so they can't shoot anymore. By having 1 side open there is a chance to shoot the gunner and get closer to the vehicle. Level 1, only 1 frone shield, level 3 & 5, 3 sides covered.

Also I wanted to note that the vehicle registration system was not the best. At the last night a Blue car came in that was excactly the same as one of our cars. That was a level 3 and ours was a level 1. The only difference was the fully closed turret while ours had 3 sides and camonetting. Besides that there were Wranglers that were level 3 while our big Polish armoured vehicle was also a 3. A pre game vehicle check can easily fix the queue or questions on site. The term 'armoured' is sometimes uses to the bear minimum to follow the rules. Again, I know that some lines need to be used but now the lines were a bit fluid.

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 08 Jul 2022, 12:40

The BAVS are indeed a bit OP.
Longer reload times, maybe a flash of light so a 'rocket launch' doesn't stay overly sneaky, maybe a sound module, ...

It's too easy to shoot 'a rocket' at a vehicle without being noticed, which makes a proper response far more difficult.

Also, like Verage said, fully enclosed turrets are a pain. SMall arms should - eventually - be able to take out a turret gunner.
Whether it's by small gaps, thin-walled turrets covers, or an impact counter,... options exist.
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

Corni
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Corni » 10 Jul 2022, 17:56

Boogiez wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 23:52
When the vehicle is destroyed the red Bavs-light could be toggled on. This would make it easier to identify a destroyed vehicle.
I wanna second this feedback. This would be really great
B12/ Orlvov Mercs/ Echo/ Robin-3
B13/ GCT Inf/ 3rd Pl.
B14/ NAF Inf/ Echo-1
B15/ UPIR HWD
B16/ NAF Mech/ Golf-3
B17/ TFC Mech/ Golf-40

I like big BAVS and I cannot lie...