Feedback - Missions

Please share your feedback about Berget 18
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Feedback - Missions

Post by Berget-events » 02 Jul 2022, 13:32

Please give us your feedback on this years missions, and how it can be improved.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Verage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Feedback - Missions

Post by Verage » 08 Jul 2022, 07:54

I was PL for the Sappers & Engineer unit so my unit was mostly hanging somewhere on another mission.
The unit is a support unit and this is how we used it. That made that we were always somewhere but not always directly in the mission. So my view might be a bit different. But leading this support unit was an very good experience. Having such a vulnerable but important unit made it fun to move them around the map on the right time and place.

The missions itself were simple but effective. Because of the lack of players I think Berget tried to draw peopple together to be able to have some fights. That's why there were less CP's and less side missions. But less is usually more. Our HQ did an amazing job on steering us and giving us missions that were part of the bigger missions.

BUT do mission related stuff on saturday. Because the last years it has always been, capture some capture points and have fun. While people still want to go for the mission. It's not because the "big" mission is on friday that the story ends. This year everyone was dead because of the weather but if I had a mission, I would have gotten out there. Because we play until it's done. Capturing CPs is a stratigic thing that is used for a mission, not the mission itself.

The props itself were crazy. So big big kudos to the maker of the props! As soon as you saw the nukes you handled with care.

The point system, please remove it.
People kept asking about the points while some things we did were more important for a mission than getting the points. It takes away from the core thing. I always liked the fact that there is not winner or loser on Berget. That gives Berget the change to balance the game with off game help. We go for good fights and this year we had good fights. I'm sure if the point system will be still there that it will ruin the spirit of the game. But good to keep trying new things and see what might work. Another thing I like about Berget, they try those new things and keep the things that work.

grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by grasulas » 11 Jul 2022, 12:15

What missions ??

Mission 1 Capture CP2 or CP3 defend, die repeat
Mission 2 Capture CP1 or CP6 defend, die repeat
Mission 3 capture nuke, transport it to base , THIS is the only real mission we had the rest ... bad jokes, just a lame excuse.

I`m sorry guys but my last Berget game was IRON WALLs the rest of the events I had participated from then until now, including the present one are just capture the point games with many people and mechanize units, not the big milsim full of LARP events I love to participated in the past ... berget games was an experience not a fucking point contest ... If I wanted a competition I will go play a speed ball tournament.

igariokas
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by igariokas » 12 Jul 2022, 15:46

grasulas wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 12:15
What missions ??

Mission 1 Capture CP2 or CP3 defend, die repeat
Mission 2 Capture CP1 or CP6 defend, die repeat
Mission 3 capture nuke, transport it to base , THIS is the only real mission we had the rest ... bad jokes, just a lame excuse.
Well you picked wrong side then :) we had plenty of missions ready for anyone willing to play and holding any cp was never a priority ;) we tried to hold cp only in case we need it for gameplay.

Next time welcome to the dark side, we have cookies ;)

And I will post feedback later, I am now travelling a bit, but will do an extended post next week.

anbengts
Private
Private

Post by anbengts » 15 Jul 2022, 14:04

Something I dont think everyone knows is that the team HQ comes up with most of the missions. We have a main mission when the game starts, but then it is up to the HQ to break it down to missions, and invent side missions.
To make a mission happen, there are 3 components
  • Players must stay in formations/chain-in-command
    HQ must invent missions to make a good game for the team
    Berget crew must be available to quickly confirm ideas and rules for different ideas.

The idea with assigning blue players to Teams through Telegram QR codes worked fine. One of the companies had around 90 players from 15 countries. The blue HQ had around 8 "companies" to give orders. If any players choose not to play in a company, most likely they would not get any orders or missions.

From blue HQ the collaboration with Game Master was good. We did not always agree, but we had a two way dialog during the game. I understand there are a LOT of parameters that Berget Event needs to consider before yes to a idea. Telegram and Berget Crew hotline made us come up with good missions during the game.
B14: Blue Ranger
B15: Blue Ranger
B16: Blue HQ. 2IC Commander
B17: Blue HQ. 2IC Commander
B18: Blue HQ. 2IC Commander